another article smearing Peyton

The writer is white, but telling everyone he's black ? Does this sound familiar? Apparently, he raised a lot of money for #blacklivesagenda, but he pocketed a good portion of the money. What kind of news org employs a clown like this idiot.

Reactions: 6 people
Stop being naive. I love Peyton, but he did do this and it was wrong. It is an interesting point to bring up that had this occurred in the age of FB and Twitter, I wonder how Peyton's reputation would be viewed today. I thought the article was very well written, and while I love UT and Peyton regardless, it was still hard for me to read because we all know he did this.

It would be naive to automatically dismiss the facts. I can agree that some of it might be true and still take issue with the hysterical, almost hateful way that they were presented. And with the fact that the author isn't a real journalist, but actually a political activist and proven liar.

Edit: I would also love to know what it was about the article that you considered well written.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Another atheist, ultra left wing pundit who hates the classy guy but loves the thugs! Screw him and the leftist rag he works for, which is going out of business by the way! I wonder why?? :blink::blink:

Reactions: 8 people
Stop being naive. I love Peyton, but he did do this and it was wrong. It is an interesting point to bring up that had this occurred in the age of FB and Twitter, I wonder how Peyton's reputation would be viewed today. I thought the article was very well written, and while I love UT and Peyton regardless, it was still hard for me to read because we all know he did this.

He's not the Pope but the guys overall resume is top notch. It's a poorly timed propaganda piece

Another atheist, ultra left wing pundit who hates the classy guy but loves the thugs! Screw him and the leftist rag he works for, which is going out of business by the way! I wonder why?? :blink::blink:

The dude is a former pastor. I think you can drop atheist from the rant.

Reactions: 5 people
This is priceless coming from a guy who lied to Oprah about his father being black, and thus received a scholarship from her to attend Morehouse College. He clearly has a bit of a biased and skeptical history himself.

Reactions: 4 people

No one is denying Peyton was involved in some poor choices here but that this is not new news. The way King writes the article would have us believe there was some Machiavellian plot to hide the truth and destroy this lady's life. This is, again, all in the effort to discredit a well respected QB so the "unfair" treatment of Cam is brought to light.

I do have to point out if you go to the website (nydailynews.com) the article just below is about a "Kim-K approved butt model." I mean really? This guy writes so well he chooses to be published on a site like this? Stay Classy San Diego.

Reactions: 2 people
The dude is a former pastor. I think you can drop atheist from the rant.

So is Al Sharpton. Some people like to throw that title in front of their name without giving much thought to what it means or the responsibilities that come with it.

I swear, it's a trash piece by a guy that obviously has issues.
You would think it would be easy to come together at VN and make some light hearted humor about the guy and maybe even have one of those epic and funny threads.
I expected a few of the "blame UT first" crowd but not well, NM.

I don't care one bit about the guys race, religion or political beliefs.
We should have walked away from this looking like the intelligent and rational side.

Why are others naive, but your position is valid for accepting one side of the story out of hand?

I'd guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Has "the other side" of this story ever been revealed? Serious question.

Why are others naive, but your position is valid for accepting one side of the story out of hand?

I'd guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I hear ya, and I think you are right: the truth is in the middle there somewhere.

I love that he doesn't know that a statement of facts by a plaintiff submitted before a trial even starts is going to be completely in the plaintiff's favor. The plaintiff is literally stating their case in the most favorable (stretched) way possible. Please, God, can someone teach these writers how a case works so we stop having people's reputations ruined by the mere filing of a lawsuit?

The writer is white, but telling everyone he's black ? Does this sound familiar? Apparently, he raised a lot of money for #blacklivesagenda, but he pocketed a good portion of the money. What kind of news org employs a clown like this idiot.

The Daily News is a trash rag. He is just one of Mort Zuckerman's pawns. :thud:

I've listened to a lot of local Carolina and NFL Radio since the Super Bowl, apologizing for Cam's post game by saying how so many others have done things less than optimal in the past. This is another attempt to paint Peyton a bad guy in sheeps clothing.

Who really cares. The President got a BJ in the whitehouse, and nothing happened. He is still beloved by Democrats everywhere. This guy must've been short on stories to try to tear down a prolific character in modern Americana. Also, taking the word of an athlete that she traveled with, to ensure "PEAK" performance, to me is not credible. After speaking with an Olympian about what really goes on in the training, and hearing the "war" stories from Olympic Village in 1996 I would err on the side of caution before casting too many stones in any direction with this one.

Irony. Only reason you feel this way is because you agree with the tabloid writer on other topics. To suggest the article was well researched or written shows how clueless you truly are.

I would just add why read articles posted by people like this? I've really never understood why one would put ANY credence to someone who so obviously has major issues...Their hearts are hate-filled and only know how to destroy and blame, not correct and fix their own issues...didn't read it...never will read it...not worth time...you can make a list of people like this (and there's many) throw them in a paper bag, pull one out at a time and they ALL look and sound alike....they are to be shunned....

I doubt you have a clue what you think.

No I know what I think, and I know what I've researched. Do you know the definition of irony? Real question. The story is 20 yrs old, nonetheless, it still happened and has been reported by many others besides Shaun King. I suspect that he's presenting the story now as click bait, and it is working cause that's all they have been talking about on Fox Sports Radio this AM as I have been working.

Oh look here's a story from 2014 about Peyton's assault:

Peyton Manning is Lucky Social Media Wasn’t Around in 1996 When He Allegedly Sat on a Female Trainer’s Face | The Big Lead

Oh look here's one from 2003:

USATODAY.com - Trainer has backers in suit against Mannings

Wow, this one is from 1997:

ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrieved

Wow, another one from 2003:

Lawsuit settled; terms confidential

Try again homie.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back