Another Manning Coming In a Few Years

That is like 6 or 7 years away from now. Could have different coaches everywhere by then ... fully expecting UGA to take a back seat to TN by then ... plus the Manning boys have generally made their own decisions based on what was best for them.

Reactions: Remy
Coming to Neyland with his Dad HAS to make an impact on the youngster end of the day. Not saying he does come our way but that orange seed got planted early provided we're doing well when the time comes.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
On a scale of "calmly meditative" to "dumpster fire meltdown", how will this website react if Marshall doesn't come to Tennessee?
I don't have a problem where he goes to school. If he is a top 5 QB, I would be happy if he came here, but I am sure there will be other QBs who will be able to lead a Tennessee football team.

The truth is Archie had a heavy hand in where Peyton and Eli went to college and even had a very heavy hand in what teams they would play for in the NFL. He had places and coaches he definitely would not allow them to attend. Just go back and read the press clippings of Peyton and how much respect Archie had for Cutclffe who both Peyton and Eli played for in college. Next read about NFL teams and perhaps owners who Archie would not allow his sons to play for, one of which was San Diego who was warned if they drafted Eli, he'd simply sit out that year and reenter the draft the following year if necessary. San Diego didn't believe them and drafted Eli anyway. He refused to talk with them at all other than demanding they trade him, which they did to the Giants and got something for him as if they had not traded him they'd have gotten nothing. Don't be fooled, the elder Mannings may not require their youngsters to go to a specific school but they certainly have redlines where they won't go for doggone sure.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Not sure what the height of Peyton's wife and her athletic background, that matters. I mean Heath's son is a good QB that a lot of G5s would like to have but he's never going to be Heath Shuler 2.0 from all I've heard Hes a hard worker but sometimes genetics is the bottom line, even though you have access to the best trainers, equipment and knowledge of someone who has walked that path etc.

VN Store

Back