Another player decommitting

I never really care much about decommits, nor commits until they show up for thier first team practice. EVERY year we have yes, then no, then maybe, then a new guy, etc. etc., on each one the fans have a reaction, but musical recruiting has been standard for years-it's going to get worse. Once the "no limit" to how much a player can earn/charge for likeness photos goes into full effect-our recruiters will be dealing with the HS players likeness agents, coming soon to a team near you.

That's not accurate, Pruitt didn't say that, and fans should stop.

At lowest ebb, TN had 65-68 AVAILABLE scholarship players. We had over 80 total scholarship players. The difference are injured players and redshirted players.
Tennessee 2019 Football ScholarshipDistribution shows 83.

Numbers are going to be a concern for everyone going forward. If you want to learn why, read this thread: Blueshirting and Trying to Explain the Rules

I think it explains why Pruitt is giving more guys second chances than we've seen in the past (Jennings, Thompson, Banks). The new rules make it easy to get behind on the numbers and difficult to catch up. If you sign 25/yr and have net 10/yr attrition (nfl/injury/transfer minus redshirts) then you could easily end up with scholarship numbers in the 60s, especially if you don't count PWOs.

Reactions: jkleno and NCFisher
Forgive my ignorance, but what makes you think this is us making room for better players vs something else?
I'll hang up and listen.

All of the analysts have said this guy was a project player that has only played football for one year and we like Morven Joseph Better

Reactions: DougAtkins91
3 star -5 star you must find players that fit your needs and fit your scheme. I’m sure Coach’s know what they are looking for and that is why your seeing some decommits.
We need high motor players and players that want to be Vols..
Go Vols!

Reactions: MarcoVol
3 star -5 star you must find players that fit your needs and fit your scheme. I’m sure Coach’s know what they are looking for and that is why your seeing some decommits.
We need high motor players and players that want to be Vols..
Go Vols!

This............all day, everyday. This is the SEC not the Big10, PAC12 or whatever those other posers play in.

Some of y'all do not need to follow recruiting, it is too stressful for you. Players commit and decommit all the time, this is something new to UT or any other school. The truth is we will not know the real reason behind his decommitment until signing day and even then it won't fully be known. If you UT has trouble filling out it's needsd and one of those is defensive end, then you can assume he left on his own. If the opposite is true, then it is safe to assume he was recruited over. It isn't that difficult to grasp but some of you are far too reactionary to follow recruiting: melting down over a tweet or a visit, complaining about star ratings, certain in-state recruits not committing or not being recruited at all even though you feel they should be, etc. etc. It's never ending with some of you.

It looks like Pruitt is freeing up more space to get some better rated talent. As much as I feel for the ones we are asking to move on, it's nice to be able to be in a position to go get better talent. Let's keep building the momentum in recruiting. Hopefully we get to sign some of the big fish we are going after.

Alabama edge rusher parts ways with Tennessee

For the second consecutive day, one of Tennessee's Class of 2020 commitments officially has parted ways with the Vols.

Three-star senior defensive end/linebacker Jimari Butler of Murphy High School in Mobile, Ala., announced Tuesday morning that he has decommitted from Tennessee after taking an official visit to Nebraska over the weekend.

The 6-foot-5, 217-pound Butler gave the Vols one of their most recent commitments on Nov. 8 after visiting them Oct. 5 to attend their home game against Georgia. Now, a little more than a month later, he's back on the market leading up to next week's early signing period.

Tennessee also received a commitment Monday from four-star defensive lineman Omari Thomas of Briarcrest Christian School of Eads, Tenn., one of its longtime top targets, and parted ways with junior-college defensive back commitment Art Green on Monday afternoon. Following Butler's departure, the Vols now are left with 17 known commitments for the 2020 class.

Go Vols!

View attachment 244671
This is how alabama does it.

Reactions: preacherwebb

VN Store

Back