Any chance we could flip Edwards from Kentucky?

JL24

Calipari and UK are circling the drain.

If UK flops like it looks like it will, could Edwards decide that Tennessee is the better option?

Reactions: feathersax
It'd be hard. He's already signed a national letter of intent back in November. I guess Kentucky could always let him out if it, but I don't see that happening

Not sure if he has enough skills to waste a scholarship on. But we have had several projects that worked out before! (Don’t know how to use blue font, so take this any way you want.)

He will only leave UK if Cal leaves, and he would almost certainly follow him to Texas if that did happen.

If Cal wants to leave, I'm sure the school would gladly negotiate a settlement more conducive to Texas' liking.

Any recruit considering UT will be looking at how loaded UT will be next year. Starting 5 should be strong, especially if JP returns (which is a very good possibility), and looking at the current recruits coming in already.

Maybe someone will start the he broke the rules conspiracy again and try to fire him for cause. The money guys that matter in KY basketball will not settle for this kind of display. They expect the best and nothing less up there.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Kentucky is stuck with Cal and A & M is stuck with Jimbo, lifetime contracts that are not panning out as expected, Cal and Nike can't buy up all the top shelf hoop talent like they used to, they will still get their share, but the K Fund isn't getting what they've been paying for lately, Jimbo may have a problem pulling talent his direction now, particularly since the nation realizes Jimbo can't coach, he'll out talent a few teams from time to time, but with Texas coming their way A & M's problems are only going to get worse.

Kentucky is stuck with Cal and A & M is stuck with Jimbo, lifetime contracts that are not panning out as expected, Cal and Nike can't buy up all the top shelf hoop talent like they used to, they will still get their share, but the K Fund isn't getting what they've been paying for lately, Jimbo may have a problem pulling talent his direction now, particularly since the nation realizes Jimbo can't coach, he'll out talent a few teams from time to time, but with Texas coming their way A & M's problems are only going to get worse.

Both of those programs weren’t anticipating EVERYBODY getting to buy players without having to cheat to do it.

I would be having cold feet if I'm Edwards.

UK having a bad season so far and Cal could be headed to Texas.

I just don’t see Cal heading to Texas. The Longhorns aren’t blind. They are watching Kentucky underachieve several years in a row under Calipari. Doesn’t seem like they would be that excited to bring him on board. If they are going to try and poach an SEC coach, feels like Oats or Muss would be their targets.

I just don’t see Cal heading to Texas. The Longhorns aren’t blind. They are watching Kentucky underachieve several years in a row under Calipari. Doesn’t seem like they would be that excited to bring him on board. If they are going to try and poach an SEC coach, feels like Oats or Muss would be their targets.

I tend to agree with you, BUT, how bad do things get in Lexington? Cal has been losing his fan base over the last few seasons, this might be the final straw!

Get out before the house sets on fire?

Curious what the buyouts for Muss & Oats are, that could be a deterrent…Calipari can be had for no buyout $$$

Reactions: Vols till I fall
Curious what the buyouts for Muss & Oats are, that could be a deterrent…Calipari can be had for no buyout $$$

Good point.

And honestly, just being realistic here, I think any team would want Cal has a head coach. I prefer Barnes for sure, however, if a coaching search were to happen tonight....yeah.... lol

VN Store

Back