Any Thoughts On Edey After NC Game

He was in the lane 1 time last night for 8-10 seconds. At the end of the 1st half I told my wife that he eas worn out. Thoughts are simple--ref give him more gifts than he deserves.
3 seconds doesn't exist any more. Have you seen that commercial with Shaq going in and out of the lane? My nephew didn't get the joke and he didn't know what 3 second call was, he loves basketball.

I think he'll go 1st round.

Late, late, late first round if he does.

But I'm like the others, I don't think a team will take a chance on him first round since his measurables aren't up to par. His shooting percentage beyond 7 feet is atrocious. He camps out in the lane where they do call 3 seconds in the NBA. And they know he's not going to make up points from the foul line like he does in college.

He's not even worth picking up to flip for a trade and draft picks. He'll get drafted, but I'm doubting how long he stays in the NBA. Five, maybe seven years before he's playing Euro-ball.

He has a Luc Longley vibe to him. Utility player for screens and rebounds, good for the tipoff and fouling the other team when needed.

It's gonna take more than that. As of right now, he's not quick enough to be the player you are describing. You can't just be a rim defender. You have to defend the PnR and every team is gonna make him do that until he proves he can. This is why Tacko Fall is in China. This is why Boban plays < 200 minutes a year. If he's a big liability there, it's gonna be hard to get any meaningful minutes. His teammates won't like that he's a space eater on offense. He may get some buckets but he presents a problem if he's clogging up the driving lanes.

Great points. If he doesn't improve his mobility, he will get eaten alive in P&R, and that's not very likely at his size. And he needs to add a couple of post moves and some skill as a roll man in the P&R. I don't see him as a starter in today's NBA, but he'll get drafted and have a chance to stick as a role player. Otherwise, he can still make a nice living playing overseas.

VN Store

Back