Any Thoughts On Edey After NC Game

Nope, my daughter finished college eight years ago when Edey was in middle school.

That’s someone else’s daughter about to get impaled in that video.
My wife just asked what I was laughing about as I read that.

“Oh nothing, just someone making a joke about a 7’4” ogre with lifeless eyes about to destroy a poor girl.”

True. But earlier this year he wasn’t in any draft boards. NBA.com has him going 33rd. That’s pathetic for a back to back NPOTY. Just goes to show how little talent he actually has.

Luka Garza (2019-21) was 2x via The Sporting News and drafted 52nd.

Oscar Tshiebwe (2021-22) won once and went undrafted.

In the era of straight to NBA and one and done, the POY winner list took a hit.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Luka Garza (2019-21) was 2x via The Sporting News and drafted 52nd.

Oscar Tshiebwe (2021-22) won once and went undrafted.

In the era of straight to NBA and one and done, the POY winner list took a hit.
To me it tells you just how little those national awards actually mean, and how sport-ignorant the award voters actually are.

Edey has one game- stand around and let the refs give you all you get. He's not really a basketball player, just a big ape. I don't know how a player can win an award like that when they can't even really play the game.

To me it tells you just how little those national awards actually mean, and how sport-ignorant the award voters actually are.

Edey has one game- stand around and let the refs give you all you get. He's not really a basketball player, just a big ape. I don't know how a player can win an award like that when they can't even really play the game.

Because like Edey, those who vote on these awards are terrible human beings.

Regardless of how much talent he has, he was the most dominant player for the whole season. He deserved the award. It was terrible basketball to watch with all the fouls, but regardless, he had the best season. What's ignorant about voting for him for NPOY? The award is not about skill or your NBA prospects.

It's OK though, Vols fans. Even tho Edey was NPOY and made the final, everybody on earth would rather be Dalton Knecht. Edey's life outside of basketball is one huge inconvenience. He will likely be playing abroad. Knecht is going to make a lot more money than him playing in his home country. He still has his SECPOY. He's still an All-American. We don't need to hate on Edey so much. This was by far his peak and the rest of the story might be pretty sad.

Regardless of how much talent he has, he was the most dominant player for the whole season. He deserved the award. It was terrible basketball to watch with all the fouls, but regardless, he had the best season. What's ignorant about voting for him for NPOY? The award is not about skill or your NBA prospects.

It's OK though, Vols fans. Even tho Edey was NPOY and made the final, everybody on earth would rather be Dalton Knecht. Edey's life outside of basketball is one huge inconvenience. He will likely be playing abroad. Knecht is going to make a lot more money than him playing in his home country. He still has his SECPOY. He's still an All-American. We don't need to hate on Edey so much. This was by far his peak and the rest of the story might be pretty sad.

I think he carve out a space in the NBA. Boban is still rostered.

It's definitely on the table, but I think a big reason Boban keeps making teams is he is everybody's favorite teammate. Nobody's popularity among fans and organizations outpaces their on-court contribution like Boban. Edey's not that guy

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
There will be an NBA team take a chance on him in second round and my gut tells me the Raptors may pull the trigger. A Canadian circus freak might bring in some more attendance. I don't think he will be effective no matter where he lands so his best bet is overseas putting up colossal numbers in weak leagues like Dwight Howard. In Phillipines and Taiwan Edey could average 100 against 6'2 post players.

Reactions: 05_never_again
There will be an NBA team take a chance on him in second round and my gut tells me the Raptors may pull the trigger. A Canadian circus freak might bring in some more attendance. I don't think he will be effective no matter where he lands so his best bet is overseas putting up colossal numbers in weak leagues like Dwight Howard. In Phillipines and Taiwan Edey could average 100 against 6'2 post players.

I think he'll go 1st round.

lmao

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol

That's the point. Everyone is acting like it's 'star or bust', but Edey will have a career as a backup center if he stays healthy and accepts that role. A 7'4" space eater can anchor a second unit on an NBA team and rebound, protect the rim, and be a lob threat. His days as a star are over, but he'll get picked late 1st / early 2nd at worst by a team that needs frontcourt depth.

Reactions: VAVol85
That's the point. Everyone is acting like it's 'star or bust', but Edey will have a career as a backup center if he stays healthy and accepts that role. A 7'4" space eater can anchor a second unit on an NBA team and rebound, protect the rim, and be a lob threat. His days as a star are over, but he'll get picked late 1st / early 2nd at worst by a team that needs frontcourt depth.

It's gonna take more than that. As of right now, he's not quick enough to be the player you are describing. You can't just be a rim defender. You have to defend the PnR and every team is gonna make him do that until he proves he can. This is why Tacko Fall is in China. This is why Boban plays < 200 minutes a year. If he's a big liability there, it's gonna be hard to get any meaningful minutes. His teammates won't like that he's a space eater on offense. He may get some buckets but he presents a problem if he's clogging up the driving lanes.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
I don’t mean this mean but I’d take Edey over the first rounders that have been drafted outta Tennessee in the last 4 yrs. (KJ, JS, KC, JP)

Unless you’re in the lottery, I’m not sure NBA values their draft picks very much.

I don’t mean this mean but I’d take Edey over the first rounders that have been drafted outta Tennessee in the last 4 yrs. (KJ, JS, KC, JP)

Unless you’re in the lottery, I’m not sure NBA values their draft picks very much.

Don’t make me say it.

VN Store

Back