Asst coach Samantha Williams will not be retained

Check 2024 transfer portal
Why? Sam’s not a transfer. Also transfer portal is a small circle in the Venn diagram of recruiting.

And I still wonder how people think this will affect LV recruiting. Looks like Brooks is now gone. Will other recruits be gone too? I don’t have any idea. That is the type info I was requesting.

It certainly makes it that the recruits that indicated they were coming here are less likely to do so. I hope CKC has someone with experience and connections ready to step in.
If Kellie lands a HC job will she take Sam with her. Would the recruits follow them? The high school recruits must be having some doubts now.
Time will tell.

It certainly makes it that the recruits that indicated they were coming here are less likely to do so. I hope CKC has someone with experience and connections ready to step in.
If Kellie lands a HC job will she take Sam with her. Would the recruits follow them?
there is little chance of Sam following Kellie...very little

To answer your question SV, imo losing Sam will hurt with the recruits and relationships that had been built. All we can hope for is that CKC and Danny have someone else as connected in line to be hired. I think some people forget that you have to have connections to recruit and you can’t just call up a recruit and say “I’m from Tenn” to get them to come.

It's possible the decision about Sam was delayed because Kim had an offer out to someone else and they've now accepted. Maybe Kim didn't want to cut the cord on Sam unless she knew she had a darn good replacement lined up now.

I can't blame Kim if that's the case. Hopefully we'll be getting some great news about the completion of her full staff within a few days. The sooner, the better. The suspense is killing me. 🫣

To answer your question SV, imo losing Sam will hurt with the recruits and relationships that had been built. All we can hope for is that CKC and Danny have someone else as connected in line to be hired. I think some people forget that you have to have connections to recruit and you can’t just call up a recruit and say “I’m from Tenn” to get them to come.
This has been a concern for me. I don’t follow recruiting like some of you all do, but I know relationships are built over a period of time, both with recruits and their parents. Hoping UT has an ace in the hole and plays it soon! Thanks for your input.

It's possible the decision about Sam was delayed because Kim had an offer out to someone else and they've now accepted. Maybe Kim didn't want to cut the cord on Sam unless she knew she had a darn good replacement lined up now.

I can't blame Kim if that's the case. Hopefully we'll be getting some great news about the completion of her full staff within a few days. The sooner, the better. The suspense is killing me. 🫣
Exactly, she has a right to choose her own staff; she has an obligation to get the best and most effective staff possible. Hoping it is all put together and announced soon. The suspense is killing me too!

This has been a concern for me. I don’t follow recruiting like some of you all do, but I know relationships are built over a period of time, both with recruits and their parents. Hoping UT has an ace in the hole and plays it soon! Thanks for your input.
You’re welcome. I don’t follow it as much as some others do, but I would think a new recruiting coordinator is going to come with a whole new recruiting board of players that they know and have been recruiting. Unfortunately, our new head coach doesn’t come with a lot of recruiting connections at this point, so I would think whoever we hire as assistants will need to have connections to tap into.

She is technically still in her first week. The first five days have been a whirlwind. One of the costs of a new coach is a need for some transition time. In the age of the transfer portal, that makes such transitions a bit more costly in the short term than they used to be.

Last edited:
You’re welcome. I don’t follow it as much as some others do, but I would think a new recruiting coordinator is going to come with a whole new recruiting board of players that they know and have been recruiting. Unfortunately, our new head coach doesn’t come with a lot of recruiting connections at this point, so I would think whoever we hire as assistants will need to have connections to tap into.
I’m done following but I do see the posts on Twitter when I get on.

If Kellie lands a HC job will she take Sam with her. Would the recruits follow them? The high school recruits must be having some doubts now.
Time will tell.
So there are some future high school recruits they had solid leads on? Like 2026, 2027? If so were the ties with UT, Kellie, Sam? Not asking you to foretell the future, just wondering. Recruiting has been down for years, not just with Kellie, and to play we need top players. There are not too many Raes out there!

Reactions: rickyyrs

VN Store

Back