At this point I question Pruitt

I’m not a JG fan, nor a hater......but I seriously don’t understand why after the last fumble someone else didn’t get a chance.

Game time for someone could be very valuable.

Reactions: AllVols
It’s Cheney and his late 1990s offensive mindset. Wasn’t a fan of his when he was here with Dooley. Still not. It’s the offensive philosophy that sucks, not the line. They have talent. They’re just not used correctly. JG’s lead feet don’t help, but he is what he is. Negative rush yardage and time of possession should be enough to put Cheney on notice. That offense is stale as four day old donuts. Not surprised at the end, D was on the field for way too long to be effective late in the 4th.

Pruitt’s biggest fault is loyalty to JG and is inability to see that he does not give us the best chance to win. I know that restates what’s been said many times but it seems so simple it baffles me why he can’t see it. JG is great off the bench and can be used any time one of the others gets in trouble.

I will also admit JG had the best half of quarter of his career in the second quarter, but after the second possession of the second half Helen Keller would have known he was done. But for some reason CJP just couldn’t or wouldn’t see it. That is my only complain on him as a coach.

Now CJC’s play calling is another story altogether!

That is all

This is all information we had two years ago. It's past excusable at this point
Yep, same threads the last two years. We can see it, don't know why the coach can't. And I mean that seriously. We had all the momentum till Guarantano reverted back to himself.

What QB is gonna be successful with one second to throw? Please let me know thanks
One second my a*** . He had plenty of time to throw to a check down. The problem is our scheme is wrong for JG and he got us exposed. They were loading the box with 8 sometimes 9 daring us to pass on first down and we fell for it. Chaney and every other OC since Cut are hell bent to run on first down. Which we could but our zone concept doesn’t work when the qb can’t pull the ball and keep the de’s from collapsing!!

Reactions: crazyguy
You blaming JG is ridiculous. The line got owned. We didn’t have a running game and he was running for his life. JG will never be a great an but blaming him for this is just wrong.

i like Pruitt but he got out coached. The line shifts threw us off and we had to waste multiple time outs. We 100% gave up on the run game and that let Uga pin their ears back and rush. That is when JG looked bad. He was trying to stay alive. Look at his first half numbers versus the 2nd half.

Im not even sure Mays starts if he was still on
uga
I've defended JG probably more than anyone. He sucks dude. UT got some pressure on Bennett and he still played better. The OL was trash, but there is ZERO excuse for fumbling 3 times. Zero.

This team will not move forward or progress with JG. He is and has been in his own head his entire career. Makes one mistake and falls apart the rest of the game. It is time after time. This is a throw away season. No eligibility lost. Get those other QBs playing time and move on from this. It is embarrassing.
So this loss doesn’t count?

This team will not move forward or progress with JG. He is and has been in his own head his entire career. Makes one mistake and falls apart the rest of the game. It is time after time. This is a throw away season. No eligibility lost. Get those other QBs playing time and move on from this. It is embarrassing.
Who was the idiot that extended his contract before he had beaten any of the main three teams that most of us want a win over the most: Florida, Georgia and Alabama. WHY, would Pruitt be given an extension before beating, ONE TIME, any of those three. Three straight years of losing to ALL THREE of those should be termination. Now, Fulmer with his extension, has put a match to millions of dollars of hard earned tax payer money. What a dumbazz.

Reactions: PG1 and A-RodWiLks
Pruitt can suck it until he proves he can do something significant. Two terrible loses last year and now sinking his ship with JG for a second straight year. Can't beat anybody worth a damn on our schedule and yet people think we are in good hands. **** Pruitt.

I wish JG the best, but it’s time to move on form him as starter. It’s clear he will never be the guy. It’s not fair to the others to not put them in. Pruitt made a huge mistake by playing JG the whole game last week in a blowout win. Was a perfect opportunity to get reps to someone else. Same with today. No reason to waste valuable reps on JG when the game is clearly out of hand.
Agreed 100%

Pruitt has failed to recruit over/ develop someone to replace JG now in his 3rd year. We should have signed 2-3 QBs per year his first three classes to have better options. Maybe Bailey will ultimately be the answer, but Pruitt should have made securing top notch QB talent in his first two classes his main priority. It’s Pruitt’s biggest failing to date.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Today exposed my biggest worry about the Pruitt hire.
You see it everywhere an exceptional defensive coach is hired...he knows about offense, but doesn't understand how to coach it so he relies heavily on the OC.
That OC usually makes or breaks the defensive minded head coach.

Look at those that have been successful...Orgeron, Saban, Swinney, Stoops...all have had lights out OCs.

The question then becomes why is an offensive line stacked with 5* talent and experience getting whipped? Will friend? If so why is he still on staff?

Its simple. A few reasons. One losing Fitz. Yeah we promoted within but its not the same. Two, TNs ridiculous contact tracing that cost us multiple workouts and practices. Also, lets give UGA credit. Their defense is the best in the country.

Its simple. A few reasons. One losing Fitz. Yeah we promoted within but its not the same. Two, TNs ridiculous contact tracing that cost us multiple workouts and practices. Also, lets give UGA credit. Their defense is the best in the country.

Lol I’m not buying that. A bunch of 5* players with plenty of starting experience should not play like they did today. That’s on the coaches.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I have been a staunch JG defender. But at this point, there is ni defending him. UGA did not respect our passing game. Does anyone think UGA will stack the box nearly the entire game against UF and dare Trask to beat them? No way. Why? Because Smart knows Trask can do it.

I highly doubt there is any SEC team thag even remotely fears JG as a passer. So that means a good defense knows his limitations. JG needs to be benched permanently. Roll with Maurer or Shrout. Take your lumps.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
It’s Cheney and his late 1990s offensive mindset. Wasn’t a fan of his when he was here with Dooley. Still not. It’s the offensive philosophy that sucks, not the line. They have talent. They’re just not used correctly. JG’s lead feet don’t help, but he is what he is. Negative rush yardage and time of possession should be enough to put Cheney on notice. That offense is stale as four day old donuts. Not surprised at the end, D was on the field for way too long to be effective late in the 4th.

Yea our offense is not creative at all. Thought the gameplan and play calling was bad all game. UGA was a step ahead of us it seemed like every play.

Oline was manhandled by UGA front tho. I mean everyone single lineman looked horrible. And I dont know what happened during halftime the offense looked lifeless.

It's only game 3, most of yall hitting the panic button already. We have a good team and have a real chance to win 8 games this year.

GBF🍊

I’m more concerned about what I saw on the team, they have no confidence in JG, you could see it in their body language. I thought we had a great freshman coming in?

Ya know, The Great Grude woulda won that game. Ya know it in yalls hearts.

I don’t think the issue is Pruitt playing JG. I truly believe he is the best we have. But that’s the problem.

VN Store

Back