Awaka to the portal

So is Awaka going to join the likes of Nkamhoua, BHH, and Aidoo on the official VN bball forum sh*t list?
Nah. I personally have no ill will towards Awaka like those other guys. Not that I hate the other 3, but they gave me more reasons to dislike them when transferring than Awaka did. I'll be rooting for Awaka, as long as we don't play Arizona next season at some point.

So is Awaka going to join the likes of Nkamhoua, BHH, and Aidoo on the official VN bball forum sh*t list?
I’m far more concerned with who we have than who we don’t have. I quit paying attention to all the frenzy a week or so ago when folks were speculating/projecting on about 20 players. Now that the roster is starting to form we can talk about who will wear the Orange and forget about those that aren’t.

Reactions: Volfansince1980
I understand why Aidoo left. Barnes took him off the floor when he was playing his worst basketball of the season. That hurt his feelings.

No idea why Awaka is leaving. Maybe Barnes didn't promise him a starting position, or he though he would / should've been starting over JJJ this year.
At best he's likely coming off the bench at AZ. There must have been some deep rooted issues going on. At this point I wish him well.

Reactions: white65
I understand why Aidoo left. Barnes took him off the floor when he was playing his worst basketball of the season. That hurt his feelings.

No idea why Awaka is leaving. Maybe Barnes didn't promise him a starting position, or he though he would / should've been starting over JJJ this year.
Awaka leaving is something that we will look back on as a gift.... Obviously Barnes was not going to run him off, but he was too small to play the 5 and couldn't score away from the basket enough to play the 4.

JJJ could play the 4 but score....

Reactions: TrippieRedd
While I would have been pleased if he and Aidoo had stayed, I believe our team will be stronger with the guys we have gotten in the portal.

VN Store

Back