'24 AZ EDGE Elijah Rushing (Oregon commit)

I don’t think Willie lasts till next year. Who is the guy we hired? I would say we need to hire outside for the DB position.
I think if we see improvement this year they’ll retain him. They hired some analyst that was a DB coach for Rutgers and Maryland that was also the DB coach for the Saints

Heupel isn’t getting rid of Martinez
Wrong, he’s the only coach on staff that didn’t receive and extension. This is the final year of his contract. He’s coaching for his job this season, and rightfully so. He seems to be a guy that recruits love. So I hope he gets things worked out. I’ll believe it when I see it though

I noticed snowy mountains on the screen. Could that be a sign of the snowy Smokey grays this season? Like the snowy mountains helmets that Chad Fields made along with white jerseys with gray numbers orange lettering and white pants with gray checkerboards. Wear them at Florida or at Kentucky?

Reactions: Vol_guy
Wrong, he’s the only coach on staff that didn’t receive and extension. This is the final year of his contract. He’s coaching for his job this season, and rightfully so. He seems to be a guy that recruits love. So I hope he gets things worked out. I’ll believe it when I see it though
What did he do that was so bad last season…. We were using walk ins at the end of the Bama game last year.

I noticed snowy mountains on the screen. Could that be a sign of the snowy Smokey grays this season? Like the snowy mountains helmets that Chad Fields made along with white jerseys with gray numbers orange lettering and white pants with gray checkerboards. Wear them at Florida or at Kentucky?
That would be sweeet…

Reactions: Vol_guy
What did he do that was so bad last season…. We were using walk ins at the end of the Bama game last year.
Our secondary was bad all season with the exception of the Kentucky and LSU game. Go back and watch the Diet USC game if you’re able to. They were also poorly coached when he was on Butch’s staff. Bad angles against Florida in 2015 on 4th and 14 cost us the game, DBs not playing through the whistle nearly cost us the 2016 Georgia game and they cost us the Florida game in 2017 too. Sure our secondary was better then than it has been, but that’s because we had 2 NFL corners on our roster, but they were never a well coached unit all together, and Cam Sutton along with Emmanuel Moseley didn’t really improve much during their time under Willie. Moseley improved more in his first year in the NFL than he did his entire career at Tennessee. Hopefully he’s learned though and gets things together. Because recruits seem to love him. We also wouldn’t have been using walkon corners and converted safeties had he just pulled corners through the portal instead of bringing in more safeties and moving Charles and Slaughter to corner. Hopefully we can see some improvement this year though with Hadden, Turnage, Slaughter, and Harrison and GJL and our freshmen can play well. There are 2 major problems our secondary has across the board and that’s taking bad angles when making tackles and playing the ball in the air. It’d be one thing if it was just 1-2 players, but when your whole secondary struggles with 1 or 2 things it’s usually a sign of bad coaching at that position group. Slaughter, Turnage, and Flowers are the only DBs we had last year with halfway decent ball skills. In my opinion that’s because they likely learned those skills at Bama or under Ansley

Did you watch the games last years?
Last year…. We had a top 30 defense in ppg allowed…. 4th in the sec….. you don’t accomplish that without the secondary contributing especially when you consider how many more passing attempts and overall plays our defense had to defend against… I didn’t think our secondary was that talented and the staff had them playing as good/above their talent level, imo…. Talent level is improving though so willie will have to demonstrate that he can take them to the next level… our defense was a big reason why we only lost 2 games last year… if Josh decides to move on then I trust he will make the right choice.

Last edited:
100,000 people and a band to show up for official visits?
Lol no. Commit and experience it live. Don't let guys like Nwanerie "run through the T" then commit to Oklahoma two days later. I get that there are transfers and whatnot but I just don't want everyone doing it. Idk just gatekeeping I guess

Last year…. We had a top 30 defense in ppg allowed…. 4th in the sec….. you don’t accomplish that without the secondary contributing especially when you consider how many more passing attempts and overall plays our defense had to defend against… I didn’t think our secondary was that talented and the staff had them playing as good/above their talent level, imo…. Talent level is improving though so willie will have to demonstrate that he can take them to the next level… our defense was a big reason why we only lost 2 games last year… if Josh decides to move on then I trust he will make the right choice.
We were second to last in the SEC in passing Y/G (beat Vandy by 3 yards), and 5th to last in Division 1.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back