Azzanni Departing to NFL

yeah, but position coaches are fairly fluid. i don't know that we'll go poach a guy off a current SEC staff or anything, but it's not unprecedented, at position coach levels.

Agreed but that's kind of my point.
The good ones probably got an extension and possible raise and they go lateral move wouldn't really benefit them.
Will probably have to shoot for a smaller school, but that doesn't mean they won't be good. Just less options this time of year.

This is definitely a Bears type of move smh. Next thing you know they'll sign Cutler to a 7 year $126 million deal...ohh wait

Reactions: 4 people
Agreed but that's kind of my point.
The good ones probably got an extension and possible raise and they go lateral move wouldn't really benefit them.
Will probably have to shoot for a smaller school, but that doesn't mean they won't be good. Just less options this time of year.
yeah, i agree.

do we have anyone we can promote?
:)

I'm surprised at this actually.

Me too - he had elite talent at his position group and didn't exactly set the world on fire with them.

In the NFL, he'll be coaching the position exclusively and not recruiting in any way, which probably was his biggest strength. Seems like a dumb move by Da Bears.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe this would be a good time to poach a younger up and coming coach. WRs are in good shape for next year. I'd get a good recruiter at a smaller program in a region with fertile recruiting and give him a shot.

NfAov3G.gif

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Guess he really wanted to be Butchs OC - or else!

I'd imagine being the longest serving assistant under Butch and getting passed over twice for OC will do that. Don't blame him... Since Chicago is rebuilding, he won't have to search for a job next offseason if Butch and Co. don't work out.

Me too - he had elite talent at his position group and didn't exactly set the world on fire with them.

In the NFL, he'll be coaching the position exclusively and not recruiting in any way, which probably was his biggest strength. Seems like a dumb move by Da Bears.

Are we seriously talk about receiving production under ZA in the last 3 years? Do receivers shoulder some of the blame? Sure. Does Dobbs shoulder some of the blame? Sure. We had plenty of talent at WR and not a lot of throwing talent at QB. After all, in a team sport all cylinders gotta be clicking and that wasn't the case consistently in the passing game.

Not all. It hurts being a fan of them majority of the time.

Oh I know how you feel, hurting or being let down is a big part of being a Bears fan. Hopefully something good can come of this move, but I'm not holding my breath.

probably, but i'm a little surprised he's getting this opportunity in the NFL...it's not like he's been churning out top WR's lately. but, again, good for him. don't blame him.

now more concerned with who our next coach will be....now are 7th "new" coach headed in to 2017.....

Dont forget who is coaching the dallas wrs.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not exactly upset at this move. We've had a lot of talent at WR the past few seasons, and not a ton of production. I think there is potential to upgrade that spot.

Reactions: 3 people
Once again Volnation is proven wrong about a coach. Bajakian was crap but he goes to NFL, De"bored" captained one of the most prolific offenses in UT history straight off his couch, now azziani moves up to NFL but according to Volnation geniuses he is awful. Lol this place never fails to amuse.

Reactions: 27 people
Once again Volnation is proven wrong about a coach. Bajakian was crap but he goes to NFL, De"bored" captained one of the most prolific offenses in UT history straight off his couch, now azziani moves up to NFL but according to Volnation geniuses he is awful. Lol this place never fails to amuse.

As I mentioned earlier, Dooley is coaching WRs in the NFL and he was truly awful.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back