Back to the 60s, Police beating college students

They were either Hamas or going to be Hamas. Its pretty simple.
Of course. All of the millions of people in Palestine were Hamas or future Hamas, and also anyone in the U.S. left of Biden on this issue. In fact, if you criticize Israel in any way, you are also Hamas

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
The United States is between a rock and a hard place on this, and it does not matter who the President is. The war between Israel and Muslims is not going to end with this. It will not be resolved in our life times. The notion that Israel will end this in Gaza or by eradicating Hamas is simply uninformed.

But, the reality is that we cannot support anything Israel does 100 %, no questions asked, as that just perpetuates the schism between the U.S. and Muslim countries and any hope we have of restraining them moving forward.
Israel was close to a brokered public normalization with the Gulf States that cared about mutual benefit and commerce. It was sabotaged purposefully by the religious hardliners who would rather perpetuate the Palestinian cause to their own end.

I think it telling that even after Israel's punishing response to Hamas in Gaza they still received at least some level of cooperation from the moderate Gulf States. That tells me it isn't so much an issue between Israel and Muslims as it is the religious hardliners of the region.

Of course. All of the millions of people in Palestine were Hamas or future Hamas, and also anyone in the U.S. left of Biden on this issue. In fact, if you criticize Israel in any way, you are also Hamas
To be fair Biden is a fart in the wind on almost every issue.

I wouldn't say you're Hamas if you criticize Israel. Nazi? Probably.

Is it weird to have common ground with Nazism now? You know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend..

Are you asking me to compare fictional cinema to real life?
They exist in a vacuum totally oblivious to each other? And how about GTA? Are the kids that play games like those really able to separate reality from the fictional event? YOU probably are, and I am because we are somewhat grown adults, but young impressionable minds do not. If you believe otherwise, I don't know what else to say.

All that we know for sure is that there is a new way for kids to interact and sometimes they aren't nice doing it.

When I come across my nieces' and nephews' social media, all I see are likes and friends hyping them up.
It's an important distinction and not that simple. The proof of this concept is right here on this very forum. We have all said things to each other that we would NEVER say in a face to face meeting. But fortunately we all mostly have the wisdom of a little age on us in that we didn't grow up with toxic social media. We can separate the two worlds. I honestly don't think kids today can.

Reactions: hog88
All that we know for sure is that there is a new way for kids to interact and sometimes they aren't nice doing it.

When I come across my nieces' and nephews' social media, all I see are likes and friends hyping them up.
Meh, that's all there is to do. There really aren't "Unlikes" and you can just block or delete things or people you don't like. Even this site has an ignore function.

I'm not against boys scrapping but let's not pretend your way doesn't have its own problems. My hometown had a kid who never had to learn his manners because even the grown men couldn't take him. Wasted a scholly to play football at Nebraska and ended up hooked on meth and beating up his GF...

Kids are nicer today. Maybe my generation had better manners around adults but we treated each other like absolute garbage, and part of that was fighting, so I'm not sure I can agree with the bold. I mean, I would say boys today are way more scared/hesitant to say a lot of things than I ever was. We would have never hesitated to call a girl fat behind her back. It's different now.
The guy you described sounds like he had issues unrelated to fighting that caused his problems. He probably fought because he couldn’t handle or control his emotions due to those issues.
My next door neighbor growing up was the same way. He wasn’t afraid of anything. It’s as if his brain didn’t know what it meant to be scared.

Hard to win every fight. Now kids are taught the false notion that they automatically deserve respect and all to many of them resort to extreme violence when disrespected.
Yep…. They get their hands on a gun and go postal…. You never really had to worry about that back in the 70’s and 80’s…. Although come to think of it… I did get pistol whipped one time

VN Store

Back