Bad Day for Tennessee transfers

2020 Oklahoma 9-2 Big 12 Champions without all the UT transfers
2021 Oklahoma 10-2 Not Big 12 champions with all the UT transfers
They lost both games they played vs ranked opponents

The Pruitt jinx got the Sooners & Tar Heels lol

Reactions: VolnJC
I honestly don’t know that we could’ve done as well as we did with the ones who transferred. I don’t think they had it in them to play with their heart and overcome diversity. I was one of the main ones wanting them to stay and stick it out, but I sometimes forget that some of Gods best gifts are unanswered prayers.

So they’re ineligible to play for Tennessee but eligible to play against Tennessee?
They may not be eligible to play for anyone at some point, but these schools understand the players might be gone by the time the NCAA figures out what to do. Wasn’t Reggie Bush like a third year pro by the time his investigation wrapped up?

I honestly don’t know that we could’ve done as well as we did with the ones who transferred. I don’t think they had it in them to play with their heart and overcome diversity. I was one of the main ones wanting them to stay and stick it out, but I sometimes forget that some of Gods best gifts are unanswered prayers.

Most of them chose to come play for a team that Vandy had recently clobbered.

“Overcome diversity” is pretty hilarious, though.

Can't state enough how valuable Velus was for us...on the field and in recruiting...he got Chase and Caleb here from USC....all 3 of those guys helped us to 7-5 this year...that FG right before the half vs UK was no chip shot and gave us momentum and was the margin of victory...Caleb played every game giving us valuable snaps on thin DL. Tremblay sad to see time at Tennessee winding down

Bama won the game, but lost all cred. When they get slayed by UGA, and they will, the "Committee" stacks things up, Bama is on the outside looking in. The writing is on the wall.
Yeah, believe Alabama will get roasted by UGA and that will knock them out of the playoffs unless MI gets beat in B1G playoffs.

Bama won the game, but lost all cred. When they get slayed by UGA, and they will, the "Committee" stacks things up, Bama is on the outside looking in. The writing is on the wall.
Not sure I can cheer for a Georgia win. Bama had to lose first.

The kids who stayed had more heart and determination than the ones whom transferred out.
Absolutely agree! The players who stayed cared about the Tennessee program and had heart and determination than the transfers did. It’s so easy to run when crap hits the fan and for the players who stayed I commend you. For those who transferred, you will always be known as traitors. Excited for the program moving forward. Go BiG Orange!

You do realize they had to leave for taking $$$ ?

Well, they had to leave because they had proof of taking $$$. At least a high percentage probably did.
At this point, the only people with knowledge of who did what are the participating players, the previous coaching staff, and UT. If the NCAA finds out and rules these guys ineligible, they could go back and punish OU ex post facto for crimes they didn’t commit. They could rule Eric Gray ineligible from this point forward, but couldn’t make them vacate previous wins due to a guy playing that shouldn’t have when they had no way of knowing.

No, I doubt they will. If the NCAA goes after anyone, it will be with boosters connected with passing out the bags. By the time they address punishing players? Most are out of eligibility anyway. And even if it might be possible to go after someone still with any? They will be reassigned to investigating someone other school's level 2 or 3 violations.

If they lose to UGA, no way they can justify a 2 loss bama over some of the one loss teams. I don't care who you are......

Reactions: Alto1
Pretty sure 'transfers" gave us Hóoker. Last year you know who we had 😉
However, party on!

Well, they had to leave because they had proof of taking $$$. At least a high percentage probably did.

No, I doubt they will. If the NCAA goes after anyone, it will be with boosters connected with passing out the bags. By the time they address punishing players? Most are out of eligibility anyway. And even if it might be possible to go after someone still with any? They will be reassigned to investigating someone other school's level 2 or 3 violations.
I don’t think boosters were involved very much. That was part of the problem.

I’m not sure they could have stayed. According to reports “all the players who took money have now transferred out”. It didn’t state who those guys were, but I think we could all guess which recruits were rated high enough to pay (Henry T and Wanya, maybe Crouch, Gray, and Lawerence too).

We were just ahead of our time with this NIL pilot program!

Just out of curiosity, in the university's disclosures to the NCAA, would they have to name the players they knew in fact took money, how much, and the source? In light of the firing of Pruitt and staff, should the transferring players have to sign an affidavit at the school they transferred to, claiming they had not taken money? It would seem to me like any transfer from a program under investigation should have to affirm they were innocent of wrongdoing. Just seems like some reasonable requirements for transfers from a program under investigation.

If they lose to UGA, no way they can justify a 2 loss bama over some of the one loss teams. I don't care who you are......
I agree. Don’t care if it’s a loss in OT by one point.
First loss came against a mediocre A&M team killed the two loss hopes.
Bama loses, then they are OUT, period.

VN Store

Back