Bad hire

My personal thoughts....

Can't win when you turn the ball over multiple times. But you also can't then play it safe and try to play a chess match. Pruitt took his chances when he had them, and played aggressively, and I personally loved it. Butch was conservative and played not to lose, and Pruitt by all indications has done nothing but try to win. If that means an onside kick or some 4th down tries, well, then awesome. Like someone else said, you're only mad because they didn't work. If Pope doesn't pull a Pig Howard and fumble out the end zone, or if we recover that onside kick, then Pruitt is a genius.

But no team would be able to survive turning the ball over that many times. Tonight, you saw the key to winning. Get turnovers, and make them count. Florida was not a good football team. Neither were we. But..."the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win." And that was Florida.

Still 100% behind Pruitt. If we were as frustrated as we were to watch turnover after turnover and dumb penalty after dumb penalty, how do you think he felt? This isn't Bama. He's got a long way to go, but you KNOW that's only gonna drive him harder to get the players he needs in here.

Not giving up. It's gonna be a build. But, we'll get there.

True. But the play calling on offense did not give us a chance to win on Saturday. You can’t play that conservative and expect to win a SEC game. The game got out of hand because we were way too predictable and only threw on 3rd down.

Reactions: ReelfootVol
We need to spend the money and hire a head coach ASAP!!!!

The coach that had the 4th down TD but the slow TE that CBJ recruited fumbled at the 1.

The coach that had 6 total turnovers and not the players?

What the hell are you talking about?

Stupid thread!

Fans are a big part of the problem.

They think its an overnight fix, but that's not even close to reality. Then whine when things get hard.

We have been fighting this for over a decade, yet are no better off than after the 2008 season.

I could only imagine how many people would have run Majors out of town in this day and age, especially considering how we competed during the first part of his tenure at UT.

Those damn fans are killing this program, I don't understand why they keep feeding the monster, it's just going to get bigger and stronger until it kills us all, screw those fans!

Reactions: kcvols1
Pruitt should not be fired because you got your feelings hurt. They worked on fundamentals in the spring, fall and each week. We are playing young guys that haven’t been drilled enough and Butches holdovers haven’t been drilled enough. Pruitt will correct that. But there was also an offense and defense that had to install. Repetition is the only way to do these things and the practice time is limited. The fundamentals will be fixed and when we don’t turn it over we will look better.

Thank
The sad fact is based on what we've seen so far...we are no better off with Pruitt than we were with Butch. In fact...we are WORSE. Butch never lost to Florida like this. This was a catastrophic debut by Pruitt. Very revealing. Pruitt brought an unprepared, badly coached team to the party today. Even the basic fundamentals are lacking miserably. Pruitt is obviously out of his league...so here we go....AGAIN. Pruitt should be ashamed for presenting the Vol, faithful with this kind of embarrassing, humiliating beatdown. We'd be better off and save a ton of humiliation if we just forfeited the rest of the season. Of course that won't happen in real life...but the beatdowns that are coming are gonna be so humiliating everyone is gonna wish we DID forfeit. This is frightening...and will most likely be unprecedented when it's all said and done.

Thank you Mr. Sunshine.

I once lived in an apartment that backed up to a row of homes. One day, I noticed this kid about 8 or 9 years old messing around behind his house. I'd seen him there before and knew he was a latch key kid. That day, he noticed me and came over and said he was locked out and could he borrow a butter knife to get into his house. I agreed, of course, and didn't see him again for a while. Finally I got to talk to him and had to pressure him to return my knife. When I had it in my hands, I saw it was ALL boogered up and unfit for purpose. I said, "Hey, you really screwed up my knife!" . This eight year old responds, "You knew I was a kid when you loaned it to me!" . I was left speechless. All this is just to say, while we didn't have a hand in the hiring of Pruitt, we did know his background did not include the normal progression of head coaching through the ranks of smaller schools. Our only option is to cool our jets and give him a chance to get this boat to float. I am not putting myself above posters who vent their frustrations over what's going on. I am there, too. But, personally, I plan to buckle up for the ride.

Im sure Pruitt didn't call for 6 turn over plays in the first half, we are a very young team with a brand new head coach... But with the bandwagon fans gone there is more room for the VOLS4LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

First time head coach plus first time DC plus (for all intents and purposes) first-time OC plus first time AD might not be the most surefire recipe for success.
Taking a good beating is all part of the process. Pruitt will get it done, at the very least he'll leave us stacked for when he returns home after Saban retires in 7 years.

VN Store

Back