Bama fan here

I grew up on the Alabama-Tennessee line, and though I became a Tide fan, I've always had a lot of respect for the Vol football program. I met Jeremy Pruitt last summer in Hoover Alabama. I was very impressed with the guy. He's very soft spoken, but there is a confidence about him that stands out immediately.

I'm not sure what he'll be able to do this first season (Saban went 6-6 in the regular season his first year with the Tide), but I have no doubt that Pruitt will resurrect the UT program. I watched the Bama-UT game in Tuscaloosa last year, and saw something I'd never seen; UT players were mailing it in in the second half. I'm quite certain you won't see a repeat of that in 2018.

Anyway.....good luck this season. Hope you win 'em all except for the "Third Saturday".

Thanks for coming over, you are welcome anytime. Cannot wait to flip this back in our direction. This series has been streaks for decades now.

The $h!t is coming to an end on 10/20/18 because we got your best coach and recruiter.

Good luck on the season and hope you lose every game! ;)

Now in VolNation style!

GTFO

Reactions: montanatenn
I grew up on the Alabama-Tennessee line, and though I became a Tide fan, I've always had a lot of respect for the Vol football program. I met Jeremy Pruitt last summer in Hoover Alabama. I was very impressed with the guy. He's very soft spoken, but there is a confidence about him that stands out immediately.

I'm not sure what he'll be able to do this first season (Saban went 6-6 in the regular season his first year with the Tide), but I have no doubt that Pruitt will resurrect the UT program. I watched the Bama-UT game in Tuscaloosa last year, and saw something I'd never seen; UT players were mailing it in in the second half. I'm quite certain you won't see a repeat of that in 2018.

Anyway.....good luck this season. Hope you win 'em all except for the "Third Saturday".

Also just a question on your name, "Bumpndnite", is that in the front or the back?

giphy.gif

This thread is as good as any to throw out my SOS! Boys (and girls), I’m behind enemy lines down here in Tuscaloosa! It’s not what you think, it’s worse! I, a proud UT graduate and orange blooded Volunteer, having traveled north from Atlanta many moons ago at the age of seventeen to attend Tennessee, am now dropping my baby girl off at school for her Freshman year at...Bama.

It hurts man, like nothing I’ve ever felt. An indictment of my parenting skills? Maybe. I will suffer the slings and arrows of outraged Vol bretheren if need be. It’s understood, expected and deserved. She grew up going to Tennessee games with us, professing her hatred for the Gators and others, but always had a soft spot for the Tide. Why? That’s the mystery. I’ve cussed them, disparaged them, berated them for their cheating and nefarious recruiting activity, questioned the legitimacy of their National Titles and family trees and called them everything but human, yet she chose THAT....school!

I encouraged her to be her own person, be independent, strong and blaze her own trail! But I didn’t mean GO TO ALA FREAKIN BAMA!!! So here I am, in support of my baby girl, stroking checks to my arch enemy, gritting my teeth with tears in my eyes...asking for forgiveness and understanding from the rest of VolNation! Pray for me.

I'm not sure what he'll be able to do this first season (Saban went 6-6 in the regular season his first year with the Tide), but I have no doubt that Pruitt will resurrect the UT program. I you will get no pity here the Bama-UT game in Tuscaloosa last year, and saw something I'd never seen; UT players were mailing it in in the second half. I'm quite certain you won't see a repeat of that in 2018.

You'll get no pity here

This thread is as good as any to throw out my SOS! Boys (and girls), I’m behind enemy lines down here in Tuscaloosa! It’s not what you think, it’s worse! I, a proud UT graduate and orange blooded Volunteer, having traveled north from Atlanta many moons ago at the age of seventeen to attend Tennessee, am now dropping my baby girl off at school for her Freshman year at...Bama.

It hurts man, like nothing I’ve ever felt. An indictment of my parenting skills? Maybe. I will suffer the slings and arrows of outraged Vol bretheren if need be. It’s understood, expected and deserved. She grew up going to Tennessee games with us, professing her hatred for the Gators and others, but always had a soft spot for the Tide. Why? That’s the mystery. I’ve cussed them, disparaged them, berated them for their cheating and nefarious recruiting activity, questioned the legitimacy of their National Titles and family trees and called them everything but human, yet she chose THAT....school!

I encouraged her to be her own person, be independent, strong and blaze her own trail! But I didn’t mean GO TO ALA FREAKIN BAMA!!! So here I am, in support of my baby girl, stroking checks to my arch enemy, gritting my teeth with tears in my eyes...asking for forgiveness and understanding from the rest of VolNation! Pray for me.

Maybe she's just into jewelry?

I hate that too. I was at the UT-Vandy game and getting pretty crazy with half*zzed coaching and playing (Hoke was driving the hearse at the time).
Went to Mello Mushroom on the strip with my boys, and watched the ending of the iron bowl. Remember thinking, gosh, a REAL football battle, I miss that. I really hate to admit you are right, but yes, you nailed it. Those last two games, LSU and Vandy were just hot garbage. Pruitt understands what he inherited, and it explains why he would be foolish to crow about this team, es hipecially at the Spring game.

Good news is, there are actually good kids with talent on this team. With an attitude adjustment, we just might be OK. I think that is happening. Very good and accurate words in your post.

I was in QQ watching the blood bath that night. I remember watching the iron bowl as well during the commercial breaks. Such a sad time. Prior to kick off the stadium MIGHT have 3/4 full, by the end of the 4th it was a ghost town .

F bama and their fans. Yeah we have been down, but we will be back and all these sorry azz bama bandwagoners will disappeared as quickly as they came. Saban is the best, but he will be retiring soon enough. The cycle will turn again, as it always does.

Better days are ahead. F Bama!
Gosh darn it! Wish your coach would quit so we could beat you again.

As a UT fan, this is so demeaning. Especially after dawg cussing a fan. Please stop that **** makes us look like 4 year olds.

Beat their asses while he is here!!!

Lol. I just had that conversation with family this weekend. My family is spread throughout the south with most being UT or Bama fans. Some in my family are constantly trying to get my sons to cheer for Bama. My mom asked what I would do if either got a scholarship there. My answer was easy. I’d happily allow them to take the free “education”, but they would become the enemy and have to eat outside at thanksgiving.

You missed the point I was making.
Gosh darn it! Wish your coach would quit so we could beat you again.

As a UT fan, this is so demeaning. Especially after dawg cussing a fan. Please stop that **** makes us look like 4 year olds.

Beat their asses while he is here!!!

Welcome to the board!! Stick around because you may like it here, just ignore the fee that get unruly... they get easily distracted

And I thought I had failed as a parent with one going to Georgetown and the other to Rice U... just kidding, really feel for you.

Reactions: Vol737

I’m truly so very sorry. 😔

Reactions: Vol737

VN Store

Back