Bama's new coach named - Kalen DeBoer

The playing field will have more Jimmy's and Joe's now. This guy is a good coach. Much like Heupel, DeBoer knows how to put his team in favorable matchups. He will do well at Bama. Just my $0.02
I’m already having nightmares about DeBoer scheming against Banks and Willie next October

As much as I hate to say it, a great hire.
Again Bama showing how to conduct a coaching search. Zero in on high caliber coaches, don't allow Jimmy Sexton and other agents to pawn off bad coaches on you, and get it overvwith in just a few days, Don't let it it go on for weeks. If the Lady Vols BB coach is our next position of need don't do the typical UT search of flying around the country.

Reactions: CDB and Rocky Top T
If you’re continually saying that, someone should restart you.

De Boer has more wins against talent than any coach. He beat Lanning twice with lesser players.

Sark and Kiffin weren’t even contacted.
I wouldnt say Washington had lesser players. They had Penix and 3 NFL WRs. Both are good coaches and Oregon made mistakes. That's on players. I will say that the SEC is whole new world vs what the PAC was.

As much as I hate to say it, a great hire.

It is. He was one of two I didn’t want them landing, the other being Lanning. If he fit in with the culture there he will do well. Rest easy knowing no one will go on a Saben run again however.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
Again Bama showing how to conduct a coaching search. Zero in on high caliber coaches, don't allow Jimmy Sexton and other agents to pawn off bad coaches on you, and get it overvwith in just a few days, Don't let it it go on for weeks. If the Lady Vols BB coach is our next position of need don't do the typical UT search of flying around the country.
Yeah but come on. It helps that they're Alabama. They weren't going to be told no too many times before somebody said yes.

whoever the coach is, he's in for a rude awakening. If he doesn't duplicate Saban results immediately, the fanbase will immediately want him fired. They have a generation of fans that have never known the time when UT beat bama 10 years in a row. Watching their coming to grips with the "new Alabama" is going to something special to watch. Buckle up. It's gonna be a hoot.
I just looked at the Tennessee football record history, and apparently the University of Tennessee archives do not know about that time when UT beat Bama 10 years in a row either.

I disagree. He seems like a good coach. But Sark/Lanning was the best possible scatter scenario for them, imo.

But as I continually say, it doesn't matter who they hire. They probably won't be there in 4 years.
Really? He beat both of them this year. I know there are skeptics about recruiting the SEC, but remember he will have the Crimson recruiting machine working for him. Can’t imagine that the classes won’t be near the top.

The guy I didn’t want them to hire! 25-3 At Washington in 2 seasons and a Natty appearance. Basically 15 years he’s lost 12 games. He will pick right up from Saban, no drop off!

1705106203860.png

No matter who they hired will fail and won't take very long. Nobody will be able to get even close to what Saban did and those are the expectations their fan base is used too right now whether anyone wants to hear it or not. I was hoping they would hire Drinkwitz so CJH can beat up on him for a year or two before they get rid of him.

Reactions: usagary

VN Store

Back