Barnes redemption tour

Careful JoAllan Matthew 7:6 may be in play here...:):)

Nah, I’m not trying to guide anyone spiritually, and I’m sure there are some who may be receptive if I were. However if I preached on here daily, and the word or God was scoffed or mocked my time would certainly be better spent elsewhere.

But yea I get ya

If I were CRB and had been offered FREE FOOD FOR LIFE, I'd be ashamed to offer some lame gift basket as a TY. He should have given the owners FREE COURT SIDE TICKETS for his remaining time here, and thrown in some extras for other employees to share as well IMO.
You do realize advertisers who spend $250K per year don’t get court side seats don’t you?

Wrong. Just very unimpressed with his level of appreciation. Keep in mind he's now the 3rd highest paid BB coach in the country, without any top three accomplishments to validate that type salary.
And so there is the crux of the issue for you. The money. It's funny how people will use every angle imaginable to get bent over Barnes' every step, but when it comes down to it, it's almost always about his salary.

Courtside seats for life plus extra tickets? You make it sound like Barnes controls the seating arrangements at TBA. He didn't beg these local businesses for the attention or the offers, nor will he necessarily even take them up on it. He also wasn't required to give them anything to show his gratitude for their offers, much less a gift that would be valued in the 10s of thousands of dollars. Glad these local business owners have fans like you to be outraged on their behalf, though.

Nah, I’m not trying to guide anyone spiritually, and I’m sure there are some who may be receptive if I were. However if I preached on here daily, and the word or God was scoffed or mocked my time would certainly be better spent elsewhere.

But yea I get ya
Oh I was just clowning. I appreciated your posted!

Reactions: RollerVol
Where have all these panty waist whiners come from? About nothing. What's next?

They just hate Barnes

Oh yea they also hate Tennessee improving, and trying to become a better basketball program.

If I were CRB and had been offered FREE FOOD FOR LIFE, I'd be ashamed to offer some lame gift basket as a TY. He should have given the owners FREE COURT SIDE TICKETS for his remaining time here, and thrown in some extras for other employees to share as well IMO.
So basically fork out his entire salary? Being shame free be expensive!

UCLA has been to 18 Final 4s, including at least once in each decade from the 60s to the 00s. 11 national championships. UT has never made a final 4. So Barnes was tempted to go there? And folks are upset by that? They think he now owes them something? The lack of self awareness of the absurdity of that sentiment is amusing to observe but unsettling at the same time.

UCLA has been to 18 Final 4s, including at least once in each decade from the 60s to the 00s. 11 national championships. UT has never made a final 4. So Barnes was tempted to go there? And folks are upset by that? They think he now owes them something? The lack of self awareness of the absurdity of that sentiment is amusing to observe but unsettling at the same time.

Not to mention better exposure and easier recruiting grounds.

It’s not that I’m hating my own school but you can’t really put Tennessee and UCLA in the same sentence in basketball.

If you had a better opportunity of winning, wouldn’t go for it too?

I don’t see it like that because he doesn’t owe me or anyone an apology or redemption from me. This just further exemplifies his class and dignity. So thankful he stayed even if we don’t win another game. I realize there’s plenty who don’t feel that way but this is my humble but extremely accurate opinion😒😒
Glad he stayed if we don't ever win another game? LOL that's the problem with some of the fans here. They forget these guys are paid to win.

He doesn’t owe any of us an apology.

Face it, UCLA is a much better job than Tennessee who has a lot more to offer.

Barnes was honest about being interested and who the hell can blame him? You have a much better chance of winning at a big time program like UCLA than you do here.

But he decided he wanted to be here and that’s enough for me.
Go pull for UCLA since you're so enamored with them.

Glad he stayed if we don't ever win another game? LOL that's the problem with some of the fans here. They forget these guys are paid to win.
Very few would support that scenario. Most Barnes supporters are looking back, at the present and forward and expect him to keep winning. More pressure to keep winning and improve in post season now.

He doesn’t owe any of us an apology.

Face it, UCLA is a much better job than Tennessee who has a lot more to offer.

Barnes was honest about being interested and who the hell can blame him? You have a much better chance of winning at a big time program like UCLA than you do here.

But he decided he wanted to be here and that’s enough for me.

Get outta here with that reason and logic. That's not allowed around here.

The fact that CRB stayed at UT instead of leaving for a BBALL blue blood like UCLA says A LOT about where TN basketball currently is right now. Does anyone here remember the days of Wade Houston, Buzz ball, or Kevin O’Neil? The UTAD department could barely give tickets away to see those clowns coach.

Reactions: RollerVol
Hopefully the PR team that organized this will brief him on "things not to say" prior to his next presser. Makes me wonder if we have the same PR shop as we did when Uncle Jerry told fans to "go to Walmart"...

Appreciate the man's honesty and glad he's still here, but some details of contract negotiations are better left unsaid...especially when it cuts into the goodwill that's been created with the fanbase.

VN Store

Back