Barnett and The Super Bowl

Good luck to DB and the Eagles.
That being said, I just don't see them doing it against the Patriots.
I'm not a Brady fan but he is without a doubt the GOAT.
It's not even debatable at this point.

Agree on all points. I fought it for years, I wanted the GOAT to be Manning....but even then I knew. Now I just accept it. It’s Brady by a good bit, followed by Montana and then maybe Peyton. Just is what it is, just gotta tip your hat and acknowledge the truth.

Reactions: 1 person
If the Eagles had Wentz, I don't even think this game is close honestly. With him healthy the Eagles are easily the best team in the NFL. However with him out, I'm not counting the Patriots out. I still think the Eagles can get it done but I think it'll be a dogfight.

Yep. I feel the real Nick Foles shows up at the Superbowl and Eagles lose by 17. Hate it Wentz us out. Football Gods will probably never put him back in one. I don't believe in conspiracy theory that Refs fixing game for Pats. What I do believe is that if a call is 50/50 or 40/60, it will go their way.

Agree on all points. I fought it for years, I wanted the GOAT to be Manning....but even then I knew. Now I just accept it. It’s Brady by a good bit, followed by Montana and then maybe Peyton. Just is what it is, just gotta tip your hat and acknowledge the truth.

If my team is down by four with two minutes to go in the game, my choices at QB would go in this order...

1. Brady
2. Montana
3. Elway

I would debate that! I still say that’s CBB system. Look at every time Brady is out. The Pats still win. It’s the system that makes him look good. A perfect example is last nights game. They couldn’t do anything until the fourth quarter. When they did start having success. It was the fantastic play calling, NOT Brady!
I still believe that CBB and Brady sold their souls to the devil.

I despise the Patriots but they will beat the brakes off of Philly. Foles will not torch the Pats D the way he did the Vikings

Lol the Vikings defense was much better than the Pats this year.

I realize that, but this is the biggest stage of them all and Belichick will neutralize what Philly does best on offense. His M.O. is taking away what you do best and making him beat you with whatever is left. I think he'll makes Foles as uncomfortable as possible.

yep, hard to argue.

This would be my argument.

NFL Fourth Quarter Comebacks Career Leaders (since 1960)

1 Peyton Manning 45
2 Tom Brady 42
3 Dan Marino+ 36
Johnny Unitas+ 36
5 John Elway+ 35
6 Ben Roethlisberger 32
7 Joe Montana+ 31
8 Drew Brees 30
Brett Favre+ 30
Eli Manning 30
Fran Tarkenton+ 30

Reactions: 3 people
He's a legendary cheater and the pats have shown they will do anything to win. Beneath that glamor boy image is one tough customer with talent and leadership ability, give the devil his due. GO Eagles !

LOL..he's likely the most committed big time athlete ever. He's a legendary clutch QB in crunch time. There have been QBs with much better overall talent, but none with the commitment to winning as him

With his late career accomplishments, he's put himself in another league above Peyton

This would be my argument.

NFL Fourth Quarter Comebacks Career Leaders (since 1960)

1 Peyton Manning 45
2 Tom Brady 42
3 Dan Marino+ 36
Johnny Unitas+ 36
5 John Elway+ 35
6 Ben Roethlisberger 32
7 Joe Montana+ 31
8 Drew Brees 30
Brett Favre+ 30
Eli Manning 30
Fran Tarkenton+ 30

Manning is maybe the best regular season QB ever, but he's not in top 3 of all time. IN crunch time, Brady is in another league

I'd put Elway over Peyton too. And Aaron Rodgers without blinking an eye.

Peyton's a top ten and maybe GOAT QB of regular season. Rodgers is GOAT as far as talent and Brady is complete GOAT

Manning is maybe the best regular season QB ever, but he's not in top 3 of all time. IN crunch time, Brady is in another league

Manning and Brady are both in another league...there is a big gap between 2 and 3 on that list.

...an still a sizable gap between 1 and 2.

I’d have really liked to have seen Brady play with inferior coaches and low grade talent around him. Wonder how many SBs he’d have?

For most of his career, he's had far less offensive weapons than many of the other great QBs of all time. The one season he had great talent around him, they went 18-1. Let that sink in for a moment. Peyton had far better talent on his side of the ball for most of his career than Brady. That's a fact based on ALL-Pro teams and Pro Bowl appearances

Manning and Brady are both in another league...there is a big gap between 2 and 3 on that list.

...an still a sizable gap between 1 and 2.

Would take Rodgers over Manning without blinking an eye. Other than barking out signals, he's better at every facet of the position. Elway would be ahead of Manning too.

Manning might be top 5, but that would be it for him. Outside of a few UT fans, that's where he stands with most of the ex-players and analysts

Especially when the refs have his back. LOL

Whatever. His 4th qtr stats in Super Bowls are far and away, better than anyone else's. Refs helped Manning out a bunch too. They couldn't though, help out some of those epic chokes he's had in in the playoffs. Brady's never come close to throwing a pick six to lose a Super Bowl or he's never looked like deer in the headlights as Manning did against Seattle a few years ago. Heck, Manning lost the Heisman because he folded up like a chaise lounge against Florida in 1997. Sorry. I love him too, but facts are facts

No he lost the Heisman because ESPN continually showed the three plays that whats his name made all year that was good and hyped him up.

No he lost the Heisman because ESPN continually showed the three plays that whats his name made all year that was good and hyped him up.

:birgits_giggle:

Woodson made many more than 3 great plays. You need to do some research. Don't necessarily think he should have won, but Peyton didn't have a Heisman type year either. The Heisman is not a career award. Manning choked and looked awful at Florida that year in a game where we were favored by 10 pts. He also played poorly in the last game of the season against Vandy whereas Woodson made huge plays for his team to beat Ohio St.

Manning cost himself the Heisman that year.

All that being said, Brady, Elway, Montana and Rogers are all ahead of him in the GOAT conversation with everyone except a few delusional UT fans like you

:birgits_giggle:

Woodson made many more than 3 great plays. You need to do some research. Don't necessarily think he should have won, but Peyton didn't have a Heisman type year either. The Heisman is not a career award. Manning choked and looked awful at Florida that year in a game where we were favored by 10 pts. He also played poorly in the last game of the season against Vandy whereas Woodson made huge plays for his team to beat Ohio St.

Manning cost himself the Heisman that year.

All that being said, Brady, Elway, Montana and Rogers are all ahead of him in the GOAT conversation with everyone except a few delusional UT fans like you
Look stud, you have your opinion but this is Volnation. Peyton is and always will be the best around here. And don't call me delusional.

VN Store

Back