Best Guess On Josh Smith

VolnJC

Strange wording by Coach Jones on Josh Smith today, that he would "not practice to start the week." Hyams had reported that Smith was looking at redshirting. Any guesses on what might be going on with him?

smith-590x900.jpg

Okay thanks was not sure of the rule for football.

That's only for a medical redshirt.

If we're talking legitimate redshirt, all it takes is one play.

But I believe if a player plays in less than 30% of games because of an injury, he can apply for a medical redshirt.

Reactions: 3 people
That's only for a medical redshirt.

If we're talking legitimate redshirt, all it takes is one play.

But I believe if a player plays in less than 30% of games because of an injury, he can apply for a medical redshirt.

Okay that makes sense I thought if they played they were no eligible for a RS but by being hurt he would be eligible for a medical RS.

I think it was Hubbs who reported earlier that they might try for a medical redshirt.

Okay that makes sense I thought if they played they were no eligible for a RS but by being hurt he would be eligible for a medical RS.

You are correct. Curt Maggitt got one last year.

I think medical redshirting Josh is a great idea honestly. He is a solid receiver, and we're okay from a depth standpoint right now, but he definitely can use the extra year.

Reactions: 1 person
It does sound like Smith has some torn ligaments. Not progressing nearly as well as Pearson. Hopefully he gets that medical redshirt. Having Pearson back really helps from a depth standpoint. Jonathon Johnson seems talented enough to fill in as well.

Probably the best thing for the future. Losing him will hurt in games like USC, Mizzou, and UK. Not sure it would matter versus Ole Miss and Bama though.

Well, he only played in two games right? He was hurt against Oklahoma, i thought....2/12 is certainly enough to still redshirt.

He was hurt late in the Oklahoma game so he's played in 3 games, right? USU, ASU, Oklahoma

VN Store

Back