Best QB is Shrout

Shrout and Bailey are the two going forward. For a freshman Bailey looked calm and did well in the pocket and didn't make any big mistakes. Shrout looks like he has the best arm on the team and can make all the throws, just has to play more.

Reactions: tbones0711
To say Maurer or Shrout or Bailey is the best hope for future qb, how would we know? All 3 quarterbacks have been screwed over by Pruitt. Pruitt picked his guy and for Years stubbornly gave him ALL practice reps with the first team receivers, oline, tight ends, etc. The others worked with backups. Pruitt understands nothing about the practice required for timing between qb’s and the receivers, oline, etc. He assumes he can just plug someone in, like he does on defense.

So, whenever we have seen any of the quarterbacks come in for jg, we are not seeing them at their best, because they have not been prepared to play with the first team. Btw, Mullen prepares all his quarterbacks to come in whenever he needs them.

Tonight, I thought Shrout looked great, he obviously was able to connect on the long ball. HB did very well, too, especially considering he’s a freshman. I‘ve always thought Maurer could be great as well. The thing is JG should never see the field again, and we really won’t know who should be the starting qb, until some good Head Coach prepares them all, and let’s the competition be fair. That is not Pruitt. He is clueless.
Btw this was your best point because it shows he hasn’t changed his stance from three years ago when he stated in that interview that “I believe qbs are no different than any other position” and went on to say it’s a plug and play position just like any LB.

Whether vs 1s or 2s. JT pushed the ball downfield....too often with JG we settle for the short pass...short of the sticks while a deeper throw is there but not taken.....HB didnt take those throws and settles for short routes and it showed when he tried to throw deep...he missed badly...JT didnt miss. Thats the difference

Whether vs 1s or 2s. JT pushed the ball downfield....too often with JG we settle for the short pass...short of the sticks while a deeper throw is there but not taken.....HB didnt take those throws and settles for short routes and it showed when he tried to throw deep...he missed badly...JT didnt miss. Thats the difference
Oh how unpopular I became when telling everyone HB isn’t what you think.🤦‍♂️

At least #2 didn't take the first snap today!!!! We are definitely moving forward as a program!!!!

Reactions: 1vol8
The accuracy he has had, especially on that TD, have nothing to do with garbage time or not. That’s quality.

This is ridiculous. The expectations at the time this happened most certainly does have a ton to do with it. The pressure of doing this when the game outcome is solidified vs. when the game is in doubt is night and day.

He has a stronger arm than Bailey, but it takes more than that. It’s hard to judge when the defense is playing soft.
This.

Remember when everyone said Trask had a terrible arm last year? Lol, well that same QB just threw for 433 yards on us and has beat us 2 years in a row and is one TD pass away from tying Wuerffel’s TD record in a season.....

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Mullen just said on his coaches show we gave up two garbage touchdowns against our third team tonight and shouldn’t happen. So our QB is not all that!

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Without a doubt. Commanded the offense and made every throw.
Doesn't matter how he looked, HB wasn't recruited here to sit the bench, he's the guy going forward with JT being an experienced backup until Salter gets here. QB play was good today, offensive playcalling not so much I thought.

You're so ridiculous. Whatever you think of HB he's the guy moving forward and you and your guy are moving elsewhere.
Ridiculous? Not so “ridiculous” when what I said back then was on display. The arm strength quote is now undeniable. About two weeks ago I told someone he’d have to change from gunslinger to manager because of his lack of arm strength and lack of dominant weapons on the outside and tonight Cheney seems to have agreed with that statement as well. Maybe that changes with time but he was used as a manager tonight.

VN Store

Back