Big Charles Mosley will not be dismissed

I'm fine with him missing Bowl Green.
But, I want him to play OL against OU and "smoke" Mr.Stryker. :salute:

Don't think he'd be able to actually lay and on Mr. Striker, assuming he actually saw the field....which ain't likely this year.

I haven't been able to find anything official on if he's been charged with anything. Probably been rehashed here. But it wasn't a DUI, or a weed arrest, then CBJ is probably OK in letting him play.

He was arrested for DUI i am almost certain

I thought they just smelled weed in the car

It's my understanding they smelled weed, he failed a field test, he gave blood to be tested, I haven't heard the results of his blood work. The one time I was pulled over DUI, I barely passed the field test, even tho I was 100% sober, my son still gives me the business over that..... U drive like u r drunk , when u r not drunk. I asked the police officer why he even pulled me over and he said I was driving funny. Stay out of trouble ,completely out of trouble. GO VOLS! WIN em ALL!

Butch say's Charlie boy, you must slow down and leave the Pot alone.....do you have a death wish Boy?
Get it together Mosley and don't get caught next time?

It's my understanding they smelled weed, he failed a field test, he gave blood to be tested, I haven't heard the results of his blood work. The one time I was pulled over DUI, I barely passed the field test, even tho I was 100% sober, my son still gives me the business over that..... U drive like u r drunk , when u r not drunk. I asked the police officer why he even pulled me over and he said I was driving funny. Stay out of trouble ,completely out of trouble. GO VOLS! WIN em ALL!

No offense, but where do you drive....state?

If he is guilty of DUI he should absolutely be suspended for game time.

Bad precedent set here if things are as they appear

IMO 1-2 games should hAve been the precedent

At the moment, he isn't guilty. If he turns out to be, then the punishment will fit the crime.

He may not crack the 2-deep this year on OL. So, internal punishment could be a lot more fitting than a suspension that means nothing. And I'm sure the players will take note of the extra work he'll have to do.

At the moment, he isn't guilty. If he turns out to be, then the punishment will fit the crime.

He may not crack the 2-deep this year on OL. So, internal punishment could be a lot more fitting than a suspension that means nothing. And I'm sure the players will take note of the extra work he'll have to do.

Players only take serious note of lost time in uniform. Unless he has been cleared that should still be possible IMO

If he gets an actual game or two suspension for a first offense on smoking some grass then that seems a little much. If he does it again, obviously it would be appropriate. But I can almost guarantee a large portion of the team smokes on the side. He isn't a first.

Reactions: 1 person
If he gets an actual game or two suspension for a first offense on smoking some grass then that seems a little much. If he does it again, obviously it would be appropriate. But I can almost guarantee a large portion of the team smokes on the side. He isn't a first.

Agree if it was just about pot

This is DUI. Must be treated more seriously

Players only take serious note of lost time in uniform. Unless he has been cleared that should still be possible IMO

My point is he isn't playing in the first 2 games anyways. So, sure, say he's suspended. The players will take note of what's going on behind the scenes. The meaningless suspension may appease a few fans.

Well it's a DUI for pot if I recall correctly. Not a DUI for alcohol, not sure if it makes that much of a difference but either way I trust Butch's judgement on what he feels is appropriate. He has been pretty heavy handed and swift when it comes to discipline. He has shown he doesn't mess around, so whenever he makes a decision I always feel comfortable that it is the appropriate one.

Reactions: 2 people

Our beloved Vol's are mostly pot head's? I'm not sure I'm buying it, you?

Our beloved Vol's are mostly pot head's? I'm not sure I'm buying it, you?

I didn't say mostly. Once again people putting words in my mouth. When I mean large portion it can be anything from 1/4-100%. All I am saying is college aged kids smoke a lot of weed. If you don't think that's true then you have never been to college.

When you say DUI, you realize his BAC was 0% right? He hadn't drank at all. It was marijuana. Not that I condone the players smoking it, but I've ridden in cars with people who were high on weed (college). They drove better and more carefully, due to paranoia, than they drove sober. And definitely no comparison to driving drunk.

I think you have to look at each situation independently. Not just umbrella everything as "DUI = 2 game suspension" etc. It also helps that he's actually a good kid who has no history of being in trouble.

Reactions: 3 people
When you say DUI, you realize his BAC was 0% right? He hadn't drank at all. It was marijuana. Not that I condone the players smoking it, but I've ridden in cars with people who were high on weed (college). They drove better and more carefully, due to paranoia, than they drove sober. And definitely no comparison to driving drunk.

I think you have to look at each situation independently. Not just umbrella everything as "DUI = 2 game suspension" etc. It also helps that he's actually a good kid who has no history of being in trouble.

I don't understand how so many people don't understand that a great college students (not just college athletes) smoke weed. This isn't to say I condone it or don't condone it, but it's just a statement of fact. I mean hell, it's not as unhealthy for you as Tobacco.

Most drivers these day should be stopped for DUII…..driving while under the influence of ignorance. :yes: Really don't know how some people passed the DL test. :loco:

Reactions: 2 people

Not for sure what era we are talking about but 40 years ago when we were smoking weed (haven't smoked weed or drank alcohol since Jan. 1982) the product was no were near as strong as it is today (unless mixed with hash etc) so I prob could make the same statement about riding with someone high back then and feeling safe with them (which if I were judge day honest prob isn't true). Its just different now...and funny how its so not cool to smoke cigarettes (rightfully so) but smoking weed which contains at least as much "crap" as tobacco is somehow "ok"...

Not for sure what era we are talking about but 40 years ago when we were smoking weed (haven't smoked weed or drank alcohol since Jan. 1982) the product was no were near as strong as it is today (unless mixed with hash etc) so I prob could make the same statement about riding with someone high back then and feeling safe with them (which if I were judge day honest prob isn't true). Its just different now...and funny how its so not cool to smoke cigarettes (rightfully so) but smoking weed which contains at least as much "crap" as tobacco is somehow "ok"...

Well let's not start the age old debate of what is worse for you, tobacco or marijuana. I don't think there is a winner in that discussion haha.

Smoking pot and driving or drinking alcohol and driving should be handled the same by cbj and all college coaches

Treated much more seriously than just partaking of either.

Time in the uniform should be lost and our fan base would be roasting CMR if he handled such an incident in house at Georgia

This is some BS

Reactions: 6 people
Smoking pot and driving or drinking alcohol and driving should be handled the same by cbj and all college coaches

Treated much more seriously than just partaking of either.

Time in the uniform should be lost and our fan base would be roasting CMR if he handled such an incident in house at Georgia

Agree. Truth.

Dude is a beast... he'd crack the 2-deep for the Broncos this fall. :)

I haven't been able to find anything official on if he's been charged with anything. Probably been rehashed here. But it wasn't a DUI, or a weed arrest, then CBJ is probably OK in letting him play.
I caught that "rehash" very nice!

VN Store

Back