Big time hire

To rduvol14,no wilcox.He left UT for the West coast the first chance he had.He is where he wants to be.Brohm,Norvell,Fuentes would be the top three for my choice.Petrino,way too much baggage.

If Nebraska doesn't go after Frost they deserve to lose

Nebraska deserves to lose the second they left the big12.

Recruits like rival games. Big time games.

They left those behind in the big12 re-alignment.

The Nebraska-Mizzou game is dead.
The Colorado-Nebraska game is dead.
The Oklahoma-Nebraska game is dead.

They are geographically isolated from any teams that are interesting potential rivals. Now they struggle to get out of state talent bc there is practically NO reason to want to play in Lincoln at this point.

Then they fired their dang good HC who had them competing every year for BIG12 and BIG10 titles...when in all honesty, an official apology would have worked and been appropriate in that situation.

They killed their program. Period. In every way possible they shot themselves in the heart. Lololol.

Reactions: 4 people
1. Kyle Whittingham
2. Dave Doeren
3. Matt Campbell

Should be #1 of the B-list: Mike Bobo
19-14 at CSU. Prior to be that spent all of career in GA. OC under Richt for 7 yrs.

Reactions: 1 person
You want a coach that was fired for being in similar situation as Phillip Fulmer

Hall of Famer!!! The only legit National Title in UT history. More future NFL Hall of Fame players during his era then the entire history of the school. All that winning and all. No....let's not do anything like that again..LOL!!:eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
I’d love to get Peterson, but he’s going nowhere because of his situation.

Yeah, Petersen is a long shot, but if you are going to get the best, you offer the best. I know he has said no before, but maybe we have a better sales pitch this time.

But with him at Washington now? I like our odds more for getting Patterson. But I would start a search with those two. I think Petrino is a bigger dirtbag than Kiffin, and I don't trust Chip Kelly.

After that, I check out Fleck, Calhoun, Wilson at UTSA, Frost, and I am sure there are a few names I can't remember right now. But I wouldn't get that deep into it without calling Tee Martin.

How about Cooter as HC with Tee as OC? Not sure how in the heck that could happen logistically but that would be a fun combo. I would be fine with it. Not likely to happen i know, just saying though. Talk about a couple of guys who care about the program and who are cared about by the fanbase.

LOL Thats like saying Peyton would rather coach LSU than UT, because its easier to win. :good!:

Louisiana is no longer a better job than Tennessee.

The state of Tennessee has more 4-star players in the 2019 recruiting cycle. And twice as many players ranked in the top 109 of the 2020 recruiting class.

Tennessee is no longer a job that is hard to win at. Its now one of the EASIEST.

Reactions: 3 people

Tennessee is no longer a job that is hard to win at. Its now one of the EASIEST.

That is a nice statement except the facts don't support it.

Over the last ten years, LSU has a conference winning percentage of 0.659, which places it in the Top 4 of the SEC.

Tennessee's WPCT of 0.386 places it at the Bottom 4.

If the goal is to WIN games, LSU is a better bet. They've demonstrated it.

Les Miles

114-34 at LSU.

2 Sec Championships and a National Championship.

I can get on board with this.

Patterson, Peterson, and Frost are not coming here. Miles, Petrino, and Mullen would be good fits. All have been successful in the SEC. The other 3 have no SEC experience.

Venables is intriguing though. You would have to hope he’s the next Kirby Smart, a bit of a risk imo.

Frost is the best option if Kelly or Gruden don't come, which they won't.

Frost going to Nebraska. Throw the $$ at James Franklin. He would kill it here. He has that attitude, kind of like Kiffin, confident and a little cocky and has proven that he can win anywhere, even at Vandy!

If we can't get Gruden or Kelly then I want James Franklin. We aren't hiring a pope or a life coach, we're hiring someone to win championships. Plus he's the only one arrogant enough to WANT to play Saban every year.

Reactions: 4 people
Bwahahahaha Dream on. :loco:

Why does everyone think Patterson is untouchable? He's never going to win a championship at TCU because he cannot recruit the type of athletes necessary to compete against the elite teams. Most elite athletes aren't going to go to Texas Christian University. Hes done a remarkable job there but his team will get exposed once they start playing the upper echelon programs.

I also know we turned him down 10 years ago. However this is a whole new administration. If we approach him, hat in hand, and a blank check, I see no reason why he's not gettable.

Last edited:

The state of Tennessee has more 4-star players in the 2019 recruiting cycle. And twice as many players ranked in the top 109 of the 2020 recruiting class.

Really? Have you seen next years schedule? West Virginia, Gators, Georgia, Auburn, Bama, SC,. The last 5 are back to back with a bye before the Auburn game, and we know how inept CBJ is at taking advantage of a bye week. What first year coach would welcome that kind of schedule? :eek:hmy:Sometimes, just sometimes, you should think about what you say.:crazy:

A.D. is in a tough spot. Fire bUTch and pay his buy out, then not able to find any coach that is a real improvement over bUTch, so we end up hiring another coach like bUTch. If you can't find better, then just keep bUTch and avoid wasting money on someone else's buy out.

ALSO THE A.D. MAY ALREADY KNOW THAT BUTCH IS BEING SOUGHT OUT BY ANOTHER COLLEGE. Why fire butch when you are confident that he will leave here and go to Oregon State etc.? Let butch leave on his own accord and we will not be responsible for his buy out.?

With us on the "outside looking in" we have no idea what is really going on. We can only speculate.

(1) could be they want to wait to ensure that he doesn't make it to a bowl game (2) could be another school is interested in him and we want to avoid his buy out. (3) could be that we are actively looking for his replacement and won't fire him until the new coach is in our pocket 100%. (4) also could be that the major boosters are instructing the A.D. to not fire butch yet.

Would you please post the Oregon State AD address for donations, please? Just want to make sure they are successful in their endeavors, if you know what I mean.

Thanks!!

Les Miles

114-34 at LSU.

2 Sec Championships and a National Championship.

A Big NO. Dude is 63, would be a Rick Barnes hire. I don't want a guy for 4-7 years who could do well, we need to go for someone who can be here for the long hall.

A Big NO. Dude is 63, would be a Rick Barnes hire. I don't want a guy for 4-7 years who could do well, we need to go for someone who can be here for the long hall.

He'll be 64 in a few weeks, he'll be a few months shy of 65 by the time he coaches them. Les is a good guy, LSU fans would love for him to be something like the head of recruiting or similar, but his days are over as a head coach. imo

I think if LSU didn't make a move last year, there was a good chance they would not have been bowl eligible, Les left parts of the team in a very bad state - my guess Les would have easily had a losing season this year. They still might.

Mullen would excel at UT

I love how so many people are so sure that "X is not coming here".

Last time I checked , money talks...people are still greedy.

We have the ability to double some of these "home run hires" salaries. Stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back