Bj Edwards in the portal? [confirmed]

Im reading into it exactly what I believe to be true. Edwards is going to be a really good player somewhere.
That's perfectly fine. We all have our own opinions.

But again... it's a bit silly if you're looking at JJJ's statement as some sort of validation.

He's a company man giving the company line.... just as he should.

No reason except for the fact he did absolutely nothing this year other than get whipped off the dribble defensively

So by that logic I'm guessing you hate every true freshman that doesn't come in ready to dominate.

It doesn't really matter at this point. He will play somewhere else next year, and there is no reason to assume he won't be a good player. Not sure why all these "fans" hate this kid so much.

Initial poster makes a demonstrably false statement(s) about a player

Multiple posters respond with facts and reason about said player (with many wishing him well wherever he ends up)

1 or more posters then decry all the "hate" for said player

The VN way

It doesn't really matter at this point. He will play somewhere else next year, and there is no reason to assume he won't be a good player. Not sure why all these "fans" hate this kid so much.

This post is so 2023. Constructive criticism/ facts being shared is viewed as "hating on" someone.

No hate here. Hope he does well wherever he lands! All I commented on was his handle - which is loose for an effective PG…

Stating an opinion that BJ is not going to be a good player in the SEC does not mean someone hates BJ. That is the same as you saying he would be a good player in the SEC. I have nothing against BJ but I do not think he is a SEC caliber player. He may do well if he transfers down.

Stating an opinion that BJ is not going to be a good player in the SEC does not mean someone hates BJ. That is the same as you saying he would be a good player in the SEC. I have nothing against BJ but I do not think he is a SEC caliber player. He may do well if he transfers down.
We saw so little of him this season - how can anyone have an opinion on him good or bad?

Reactions: KTrain
SMU has been pretty good lately, but I get your point. I guess the power conferences were not interested

Congratulations to BJ, this is nothing against him, but people were making him out to be this complete stud that had options to go to the likes of Kentucky.

I wish BJ well, he can do good at a lower level

Reactions: vols 30
SMU has been pretty good lately, but I get your point. I guess the power conferences were not interested
Not trying to be snarky, but SMU was 10-22 (5-13) last season. They did have a pretty good 2021-2022 season at 24-9 (13-4). All the other previous seasons were very mediocre. Not to mention the AAC is falling apart. Houston, Cincy, and UCF are gone. It’s a full mid major conference at best now. This is a big step down for BJ.

VN Store

Back