Blacklisted coaches - Kiffin and Leach

Aim higher...WHO?!? Name legitimate options who would be better than them. If you say miles or Sumlin I know you are trollin as they were both just fired.

Peterson
Patterson
Shaw

And who knows who else might have interest? Kiffin isn’t getting an invite. Leach would be entertaining, but I don’t think he’s the best fit to lead UT into the next decade. JMO

Reactions: 2 people
Peterson
Patterson
Shaw

And who knows who else might have interest? Kiffin isn’t getting an invite. Leach would be entertaining, but I don’t think he’s the best fit to lead UT into the next decade. JMO

I would take any of those over Kiffin or Leach but it ain’t happening. Those are our two best options and they would both come.

Last edited:
Aim higher...WHO?!? Name legitimate options who would be better than them. If you say miles or Sumlin I know you are trollin as they were both just fired.

Petersen, Shaw, Franklin, Frost, Brohm, Freeze (just kidding) just to name a few. Yes 2 are unproven but seem to have a high ceiling, the other 3 would be HR hires in my opinion.

I would expect the new AD to aim higher. Kiffin burned his own bridges. Leach? A week ago 90% would have laughed at that. Only after massive incompetence in the AD did he become attractive.

90% wouldn't have supported Leach as HC a week ago? Are those the same 90% that thought we would get Gruden? So you're saying 90% of our fans are unrealistic fools. That seems a little high.

At this stage among realistic possibilities, Leach is at or near the top. Why take a chance on an unproven coordinator when Leach is still out there?

Reactions: 7 people
90% wouldn't have supported Leach as HC a week ago? Are those the same 90% that thought we would get Gruden? So you're saying 90% of our fans are unrealistic fools. That seems a little high.

At this stage among realistic possibilities, Leach is at or near the top. Why take a chance on an unproven coordinator when Leach is still out there?

The point is the same regardless of the percentage. We got so beat down that lesser options appeared more attractive.

I wouldn’t “hate” Leach, he’s just not the best we can do. I hope.

So a person cannot ever change. The VN mantra of stupidity.

I would think that Fulmer has matured in some good ways. I certainly hope he has. Knock on wood. I think the same about Kiffin. As for Leach, Texas Tech treated him dirty, and I don't think he was wrong in the things he did there.

Petersen, Shaw, Franklin, Frost, Brohm, Freeze (just kidding) just to name a few. Yes 2 are unproven but seem to have a high ceiling, the other 3 would be HR hires in my opinion.

The only one of those we have a legit shot at is Brohm if we didn’t already fully blow it. Either way both Kiffin and Leach are better options.

Reactions: 1 person
Plese show your proof of the blacklist. Some fans are just showing their stupidity. Nobody on this site knows who Fulmer will target. If you do, show your irrefutable proof.

Im not a gambler but I would be willing to bet my house and retirement fund that there is no way in hell Fulmer even entertains the idea of talking to Kiffin.

Tee turned us down in past, now interested in HC job, he's not yet ready for a big time HC job.

Not our Call! AD Fulmer will make the call and we will support him. Time for fans to be fans again, the revolution is over, VFL have retaken the Hill and are in charge.

Hang up your pitch forks and get back to being dedicated Vol fans.

Reactions: 3 people
Has anyone else noticed the local media has kinda gone quiet? I think it is a two way respect street for them and Fulmer. They are going to let Fulmer make the decision without breathing down his neck.

Many won't criticize Fulmer no matter who he hires. We all know he's "working like heck".

They'll keep their mouths shut simply because they shot their wads at Schiano.

I'll look forward to hearing his excuse when he doesn't get a big name coach to sign on the dotted line.

I hope so, because he has every reason under the sun not to be able to.

Tee turned us down in past, now interested in HC job, he's not yet ready for a big time HC job.

If you have watched the past 10 years of UT football I think it's fair to say he made a wise decision. Running the show is a different opportunity.

Im not a gambler but I would be willing to bet my house and retirement fund that there is no way in hell Fulmer even entertains the idea of talking to Kiffin.

You are probably right. But then again, who knows? The only thing that I know, is that I have no idea who Fulmer has in mind.

I hope so, because he has every reason under the sun not to be able to.

Bull. There are no excuses in business. If you want to make a deal, then you propose it and close it. Fulmer probably does not know how to do that. Currie did not. Most people do not. Still, you decide what you want and go for it.

VN Store

Back