Blow outs and PT decisions.

Agree 100%, that was the difference in UK game though imo...most of those weren’t him selling it like his usually are, especially the one where he got completely undercut going for a rebound, that was a bad fall.

Live I thought grant sold the pick on Washington but after seeing the angle from behind it was clearly a dirty pick

Would have changed the game had it been called his second foul

For those of you that agree with the premise of the OP, would you rather see the team not make the SEC finals for the sake of fresh legs headed into the NCAA tourney or do you think it’s more important to win the SEC and ride high going into crunch time?

For those of you that agree with the premise of the OP, would you rather see the team not make the SEC finals for the sake of fresh legs headed into the NCAA tourney or do you think it’s more important to win the SEC and ride high going into crunch time?

I hope we lose the first game and go home to rest

I hope we lose the first game and go home to rest

I never think losing is good, but maybe for this particular team it wouldn’t be terrible... with the caveat that you don’t want a loss to drastically affect your seed potential negatively

I never think losing is good, but maybe for this particular team it wouldn’t be terrible... with the caveat that you don’t want a loss to drastically affect your seed potential negatively

I have long believed conference tourneys are way overvalued when it comes to what the committee is going to do. I think they have their first 4 seeds set before each tourney. Remember Kentucky got a bad draw last year and it appeared the seed was already decided

I have long believed conference tourneys are way overvalued when it comes to what the committee is going to do. I think they have their first 4 seeds set before each tourney. Remember Kentucky got a bad draw last year and it appeared the seed was already decided

If we were a blue blood or a team like Wisconsin, Purdue, Texas, Cincinnati (teams people are used to seeing with occasional high seeds) I wouldn’t be too worried about the result of the SECT... but we are a program that people like to doubt and I could see a loss to a middling SEC team in the SECT dropping us to somewhere we don’t really want to be, depending of course on what happens the next couple weeks.

No matter what it will all come down to performing in the dance which I get is the whole premise of wanting a rested team.

I think a lot hinges on the LSU game. If we look good in Baton Rouge it removes a lot of doubt about performing against top teams and alleviates worries about our resume.

Maybe just me, but it looked like my Grandson could block out Fulk and Alexander last night!?!?!

First of all this isn't about tonight and I even pointed this out on VN back in the December.

Second of all losing tonight doesn't have to be all bad and the outcome was as I expected.

Now for the purpose of the thread.

It has been my opinion since early on this season that Barnes has played many of his players too many minutes late and I mean very late in blowout games.

Tonight I thought it was apparent that williams was a step slow and didn't have the bounce in his game. He didn't run the floor hard and he looked very gassed to me.

If all those minutes are catching up to him then I pray Barnes starts really letting up on the court time for these guys.
It might be the elephant in the room but history tells us Barnes has often times seen his teams lose steam down the stretch and in March.

Anyone else think the minutes, the grind of the season, and all the contact that Grant takes might be catching up with him?

No more than any other first team SEC player carrying the water for his team. They are all tired at this point. Guys defending are tired also.

I've always thought that. I know many wanted to win the SECT last year but winning wouldn't have changed anything in our seeding. I've never thought especially the Sunday games meant squat other than if a bubble team was involved or some scenario where a team came out of nowhere to win their tournament. Honestly the only part I like about conference tournaments is it's neat that there is basketball going on while I'm at work.

I also think it's silly for one bid conferences to have them, and not give the regular season champion the bid. For them, the regular season championship IS meaningless if they don't follow up with winning their tournament.

Reactions: BruinVol

VN Store

Back