Bob Gilbert Blows Up Again..................

What does a guy in Murfreesboro know about UT sports? Nothing

What does anyone in Murfreesboro know about how a real athletic department works? nothing

if the writers was from Athens GA, Tuscaloosa, Lexington, etc.. there's a bit more credibility but coming from a school that struggles to get butts in seats but wants to dish out repimands reeks of jealousy.

is that slow enough for you?

This makes no sense

Why waste your time reading Ole Bob? He specializes in negative articles about UT. Almost as if he has a vendetta against the athletic department.

Oh wait ! He does have a vendetta !

Is this the same guy that tried to get his name in the headlines about 20 years ago by ratting us out on some minor NCAA infraction? He claimed to be a UT fan, but actions speak louder than words. I think that guy lived in Knoxville or Maryville though...maybe he got run out if town & moved to MTSU after that...

Yep, the very same scumbag.

I have ZERO problems with how Hart dealt with the basketball situation. It was a tough position to have a coach who underachieved 90% of the season only to go on a great run in the last 2-3 weeks. A run that included a Sweet 16 appearance, but having to go thru 2 teams that weren't close to our level in Mercer and umass.

Why would anyone spend an ounce of energy even thinking about what some sports writer has to say? I read the first 3 paragraphs out of curiosity and that was too much. A complete waste of time, IMO.

I saw Bob about a year ago in Alcoa sporting an Alabama shirt and hat. Bob is very bitter and takes every opportunity he can to trash UT. Don't believe me? Ask him. Ask him if he's ever worn an Alabama Hat and T-shirt. If he says no...he's a liar. As Far as I know he still lives on Royal Oaks Golf Coarse in Maryville. He's easy enough to get in contact with.

He lost me while claiming "a declining football attendance", when in 2013 it was up 10,000 from 2011, and 11,000 from 2012. I guess it did not fit his agenda.

Edit: And that 10,000 & 11,000 number is PER game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If hearing bad news constantly, and being sick and tired of losing makes you a fickle fan I'm fickle as hell. ON top of all the drive by journalism we have some "fans" (posers) pouring gas on the fire. :idea: :confused:

If hearing bad news constantly, and being sick and tired of losing makes you a fickle fan I'm fickle as hell. ON top of all the drive by journalism we have some "fans" (posers) pouring gas on the fire. :idea: :confused:

"If Dr. Andy Holt could come back from the grave and survey the situation, he’d ask: “What’s going on? Who’s in charge? Why are the fools who created this mess still around?”

My answer: “Dr. Holt, ask our little rich-kid governor, the political-hack trustees and the nerds in the state legislature.”

:rock:

Yes I do expect Hart to pull us out of the abyss. It's his job and all the evidence shows that's exactly what he's doing. Our Athletic Dept has never been more healthy than the days of Florida Doug....

I must say I'm really shocked by this notion, and it's not the first time I've seen it on VN.

Bama Dave seems to be living high on the hog because, well, he's not Mike Hambone Hamilton.

As UT fans I just don't think we should accept "better than Hambone" as our metric for success. The chimps who went into space could be a better AD than Hammy.

I must say I'm really shocked by this notion, and it's not the first time I've seen it on VN.

Bama Dave seems to be living high on the hog because, well, he's not Mike Hambone Hamilton.

As UT fans I just don't think we should accept "better than Hambone" as our metric for success. The chimps who went into space could be a better AD than Hammy.

Watch out about saying "chimps" some folks on here will accuse you of racism.:eek:lol::rolleyes:

"If Dr. Andy Holt could come back from the grave and survey the situation, he’d ask: “What’s going on? Who’s in charge? Why are the fools who created this mess still around?”

My answer: “Dr. Holt, ask our little rich-kid governor, the political-hack trustees and the nerds in the state legislature.”

:rock:

:birgits_giggle: :yes:

What does anyone in Murfreesboro know about how a real athletic department works? nothing

if the writers was from Athens GA, Tuscaloosa, Lexington, etc.. there's a bit more credibility but coming from a school that struggles to get butts in seats but wants to dish out repimands reeks of jealousy.

The hack lives in Maryville or somewhere in Blount County. The DNJ is the only paper stupid enough to run his idiotic rants.

Borderline slander IMHO (the gilbert vomit, not your lack of understanding of gilbert).

That "column" was filled with so much hyperbole that it could easily be mistaken for an internet message board post. In a single column he pretended to have a conversation with a dead guy, state that Volnation was stunned by Martin's departure (not hardly) and personally attack Dave Hart who did nothing more than force his coach to make the NCAA Tournament before offering him an extension, Bob Gilbert obviously has an ax to grind and isn't being very professional about it.

Not much of an article in terms of proving much of anything. Hart let an underperforming coach, here under very difficult circumstances who (rightly or wrongly) fractured the fan base, walk away on his own terms because he didn't want to be here. He rightly didn't extend him last year so there was no untenable buyout like we've sadly become accustomed to around here. Cuonzo wasn't his guy, he let him go.....what's the problem?

The Football program which is responsible for 92% of the AD revenue is clearly headed in the right direction, he consolidated lady's bball program (to cut unnecessary duplication of costs) which just won the SEC, baseball and football teams very doing well, fired the track coach who had run that program into the ground, stopped the insane $6mil payment from AD to University, has the Thornton Center functioning back to how it should be.....sorry if I don't share the writer's pessimism about the job Hart is doing.

Hart walked into the absolute tire fire left by Hammy that was defined by ineptly negotiated coaching contracts/buyouts, a $200mm deficit, record low reserves and a broken football program. I fail to see where he's doing a poor job. Perhaps there are other facts than the ones this poorly written article tries to provide?

Killed them all with that post....007 style!

sf_tv_spot_03_gif_07_zps0d048a62.gif

Mike Hamilton must have screwed the budget up beyond belief if this is true.
"The UT crisis includes a razor-thin budget surplus of only $25,000."

Watch out about saying "chimps" some folks on here will accuse you of racism.:eek:lol::rolleyes:
tumblr_m7maxr4fUe1rq3b5ko1_400.gif

Last edited:
Yes I do expect Hart to pull us out of the abyss. It's his job and all the evidence shows that's exactly what he's doing. Our Athletic Dept has never been more healthy than the days of Florida Doug....

But Bob says there is 25K in the kitty.

Rich kid Haslam... Love it somebody should call call it as it is. In Tennessee we buy our state offices. Wish I was born with tens of millions. Then I could be gov. of the "volunteer" state. When was the last time someone didn't personally bankroll their election to the state house? As for the AD, I can honestly say I don't know? I'm just a fan. But it does seem as for the hiring and firing of coaches, it's been a bit of a mess. I just wish the the good ole boys would just pony up and get us a decent coach. We seem to lack a killer instinct (like Alabama, Ohio State, and others) who find a coach they want and make it happen, rather than always relishing the role of the jilted lover taking anyone who is not disgusted by them at 3am at closing time. Tennessee should be an "it" job. Not a stepping stone. For the Oligarchy who truly run the state and their minions (including the AD) Make it Happen!! But then again they've always liked running things cheaply, including now our state. So I suppose, our selection of our next coach will in someways reflect our educational scores on national tests somewhere around 48th. What's the name of that coach at UTC? The bartender just rang the bell. Last call.....

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense! smdh

How does writing a piece for a newspaper have anything to do with how many people show up for a football game?

By your logic, there's no way John Grisham could ever write a decent novel because he went to school in Mississippi...the state that has one of, if not the lowest, education rankings in the nation.

Yeah!!...We read your stuff and it NEVER makes sense. :blink:

Wow, how do you get paid to write what you can read on message boards like these. People pay to read this stuff in print. Who is this guy? He is a nobody like all of us who writes his opinion about things he only observes from the outside like all of us. Does he or anyone else on this message board know what is going on in the UT Athletic offices? Does he or anyone in these forums have the 'inside' person feeding them the real information? Does anyone believe that UT's fan base is different from any other fan base. If Kentucky had two sub par seasons in a row do you think Cal would not be on the hot seat? Look at Alabama under Shula. Like all fan bases we want our team to compete and win. When the coach who has total control over the situation from recruiting to teaching the players a system and motivating them to play does not win, then the fans are going to be crying for his job. Martin knows this. After three years he finally got his players to play the last 7 games of his third year. The media plays the race card and calls the fans a bunch of hicks. Right! Win and who cares what color you are! Win and you can act like Nick Saban. Win and you get rewarded! Be consistent on the playing field and you don't have to worry about your job. These guys get paid more than they deserve anyway. I wish someone would pay me 1.3 million to do my job and pay me a million to leave. Wow. These guys know that if you don't produce you are going to get pressure. BP, the liar and cheat, had a good run but the team that had the most talent of his tenure was out of control and did not perform as best as they could. That was on him. Then he lied and cheated. He got what he deserved! Let Dave Hart do his job. If he can't he will be fired too.

The guy doesn't live in Murfreesboro. He lives in the area surrounding Knoxville somewhere.....always "claiming" to be a Vol fan. Not sure why the DNJ randomly picks up his drivel. I think they just do it to fill space from time to time. I can't think of the last positive article he has had about UT. He is still bitter at how Majors was let go.

"Declining football attendance"

Our spring games bring more than Vandy's entire home season.

VN Store

Back