Bob Stoops just said

The good news is Kevin Carter on College Football Live just put us ahead of Mizzou in the east. His exact words "It was hard to decide who to put in that #4 spot between Tennessee and Mizzou, but when it came down to it, it's about line play. Tennessee will struggle in the skill positions, but those offensive and defensive lines will be FOR REAL."

Methinks he may not know anything about the 2014 Tennessee team............

Or maybe he does

To somewhat paraphrase, "We've been making our non-conference schedule much tougher. We started with Notre Dame and Florida State the past 4 years, now we've scheduled Tennessee and Ohio State, and this is intentional to keep our strength of schedule high."

It's a small straw to grasp, but it's good to hear that after 3 consecutive 5-7 seasons teams from other conferences still see us as a team that is tough to add to your schedule. IMO it speaks to the reputation our program will always have as one of the great college football programs, which is why it's easy to predict that we are still in fact just a sleeping giant.

The reality is if we played any other schedule we would've been 8-4 or better ... We all seem to lose sight of that ..,we played a ttremendously tough Schedule last few years ...actually we always do.... That's why Tennessee still carries an incredible amount of respect....

I'll make the trip to norman from Austin, just to piss them off. I sport the real UT down in Texas. Then I'll rub it back in, at the red river shoot out this fall. Save me a seat nxt year in Kville for the beat down boys and girls. Peace out!!.

Reactions: 3 people
To somewhat paraphrase, "We've been making our non-conference schedule much tougher. We started with Notre Dame and Florida State the past 4 years, now we've scheduled Tennessee and Ohio State, and this is intentional to keep our strength of schedule high."

It's a small straw to grasp, but it's good to hear that after 3 consecutive 5-7 seasons teams from other conferences still see us as a team that is tough to add to your schedule. IMO it speaks to the reputation our program will always have as one of the great college football programs, which is why it's easy to predict that we are still in fact just a sleeping giant.
Are you sure that wasn't his brother at Kentucky that said that?

They have a experienced QB and a good Dline. I don't see anything good out of scheduling Oklahoma this year. Should have rescheduled this game for a few years down the road..

Big game Bob does have a tendency to lay a egg every once in a while. We just don't match up that well this time..

Big game Bob does have a tendency to lay a egg every once in a while. We just don't match up that well this time..

How do you know this? Basing it off of last years teams? Spring games? How do you know? You are making such an emphatic statement. Surely you have some type of inside info, or you've attended practices at both schools as a special invited guest.

IMO we upgraded on OL and DL. What we lost is nothing to pine over. We will have better run production, and the deficiencies in the pass protection will be offset by quick passes. On the DL, we will have more speed and better penetrators. So I think we match up fairly well, because OU could not stop the running game of Bama. Bama just refused to run the ball.

I enjoy the fact that another coach or program still somewhat thinks highly of UT as a program, but then there are UT fans that seem almost giddy that we have struggled lately. It is as if they enjoy the role of being a loser and a victim. If anyone says anything positive about the program, those same fans dismiss it and look for the doom and gloom. Sometimes I think we have some of the most ass backwards inbred fans in college football. That is the only way that I can rationalize the amount of negativity that I read on here. I ***** and moan just like any other fan about the losses, but I refuse to be negative as some of these meth heads on here appear to be.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k[/youtube]

VN Store

Back