BOOM! 4 star RB Commits

Exactly.
People slamming the Vols on VOLNATION isn't the problem, it's those danged ol people that defend them, that's the real problem.

"How convenient".

Just look at this thread since you felt the need to defend UT's honor. Multiple posts(including mine) with this back and forth.

Reactions: 4 people
Exactly.
People slamming the Vols on VOLNATION isn't the problem, it's those danged ol people that defend them, that's the real problem.

"How convenient".

It's a 3 part issue:

Vol bashers bring out the Vol defenders and they bring out those that bash the defenders for derailing threads.

If April shower bring May flowers. What do Mayflowers being?

Reactions: 1 person
Just look at this thread since you felt the need to defend UT's honor. Multiple posts(including mine) with this back and forth.

So if he hadn't posted the sos again (with his entire history that you're ignoring,because thats what you do) there is the exact same result. But you don't see that do you?
It was me defending that is 110% the cause the issue.

A few others were absolutely correct, what I'm doing is a lost cause. Because posters like you find posters like me, that actually say good things about Tennessee, a bother.
We should just turn the site over and rename it "why the Vols disgust me" nation.

If I'm wrong, I'll never be happier being so. Too many posters here have accepted being constantly whipped in the name of diplomacy. I'm over it. Tennessee isn't where I want them to be but they don't suck. You don't like that, shove it. I no longer care, you guys have had the run of this place entirely too long.

I'm a proud Vol fan and I'm not going anywhere, anymore. Get used to it

Reactions: 11 people
So this thread is:

5% about us getting a 4-star RB

15% about him not shutting down the recruiting process

80% about some VN members not liking another VN member

?

Reactions: 5 people
So this thread is:

80% about some VN members not liking other VN members

?

Should have been 100% getting a 4 star.
Which doesn't mean he is a lock BUT he's had offers from those others schools the entire time. Turns out, him committing to UT is actually a good thing. Who woulda thunk.

So if he hadn't posted the sos again (with his entire history that you're ignoring,because thats what you do) there is the exact same result. But you don't see that do you?

A few others were absolutely correct, what I'm doing is a lost cause. Because posters like you find posters like me, that actually say good things about Tennessee, a bother.
We should just turn the site over and rename it "why the Vols disgust me" nation.

If I'm wrong, I'll never be happier being so. Too many posters here have accepted being constantly whipped in the name of diplomacy. I'm over it. Tennessee isn't where I want them to be but they don't suck. You don't like that, shove it. I no longer care, you guys have had the run of this place entirely too long.

I'm a proud Vol fan too, just like 99% of VN posters.

I just don't see the Vol bashing in his post.
If the recruit is taking more visits, then it's fair to say he's not 100 committed.

The other side of the coin:

Originally Posted by :
“I love the running style, the offense,” said Dixon on why he committed to UT. “In high school, we run the same exact offense. Me coming in, looking at how Tennessee runs things and how Alvin Kamara had success in the backfield running with Tennessee, I see myself having the same success he had.”

Like Kamara, Dixon is a slash and dash tailback. He racked up more than 2,500 all-purpose yards and 38 touchdowns as a junior, making defenders look silly with an array of spin moves and nifty jukes. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound tailback needs to get stronger before coming to Tennessee, but Dixon said, “I’m a hard worker. I’m going to run the ball with a passion. I may not be the biggest on the field, but I’m sure not going to let anyone take me down. I’m going to run with that tough mindset and mentality.”

“Since 9th grade, we’ve had like a little friendship,” Dixon said of Gillespie. “I can click with him. He can click with me. The communication is always well. He doesn’t just look at me as a player but as a person. That’s what’s very special about me and coach G’s relationship.”

Dixon picked Tennessee over more than 15 offers, with significant interest from Va. Tech, Louisville and others. With his decision behind him, Dixon hopes to lead Taylor County, which went 10-2 in 2016, to a state title during his senior season.

“Knowing that after I made the commitment, that knocks off all the stress,” he said. “Now I can just worry about football for my high school team and worry about getting a championship for a city that really hasn’t had a good team in a really long time. It’ll be special to bring one back for the home crowd.”

Reactions: 2 people
If the recruit is taking more visits, then it's fair to say he's not 100 committed.

Bashing?

No.

But in a thread about a 4* RB, a position of need, who has an offer list as good a you'd want, the only commentary offered is to say he sounds like he's not really committed....

His reputation preceding, it fits.

He's earned it.

Reactions: 6 people
Because the guys complaining about "negas" take up another 1/3 to 1/2

I can't recognize a good nega post without a presumptuous percentage juxtaposed therein. Not a big fan of this fraction bent tho :no:

I'm a proud Vol fan too, just like 99% of VN posters.

Me or all the people that agreed, did so because of the negative but true post he made.
I, along with several others clearly said we're over it BECAUSE he never says anything positive in any thread. Pick any commit, go ahead, I'll wait, no matter how committed. If he can't sling sh##, then he has nothing to say.
This has been made clear adnaseum.
Anyone that doesn't understand at this point is just trying hard not to. He trolls, plain and simple.

Reactions: 7 people
Me or all the people that agreed, did so because of the negative but true post he made.
I, along with several others clearly said we're over it BECAUSE he never says anything positive in any thread. Pick any commit, go ahead, I'll wait, no matter how committed. If he can't sling sh##, then he has nothing to say.
This has been made clear adnaseum.
Anyone that doesn't understand at this point is just trying hard not to. He trolls, plain and simple.

Millions of people watch The Jerry Springer Show, but that still doesn't make it quality entertainment.:good!:

Dude, you've completely come unhinged. Six pages of your ranting so far because I quoted the author of OP's linked article, along with Dixon himself.:crazy:

Bashing?

No.

But in a thread about a 4* RB, a position of need, who has an offer list as good a you'd want, the only commentary offered is to say he sounds like he's not really committed....

His reputation preceding, it fits.

He's earned it.

This is the part that I lol about so often. His and "those of us" tired argument about Butch and his history.

But but but.....

Need I go further?

Reactions: 1 person
Millions of people watch The Jerry Springer Show, but still doesn't make it quality entertainment.:good!:

Dude, you've completely come unhinged. Six pages of your ranting so far because I quoted the author of OP's linked article, along with Dixon himself.:crazy:

Yep, no doubt the single post you made in this thread was my issue.
Nothing gets by you.

Just wow.

Reactions: 7 people
This is the part that I lol about so often. His and "those of us" tired argument about Butch and his history.

But but but.....

Need I go further?

Behr, 50% of your posts in the football forum are passive aggressive responses to something I've posted, and the other 50% are trap statements crafted so that you can claim faux victim-hood at being misrepresented by another poster who takes the your bait.

So you of all need not be casting stones.

Reactions: 3 people

Grazi.

Behr, 50% of your posts in the football forum are passive aggressive responses to something I've posted, and the other 50% are trap statements crafted so that you can claim faux victim-hood at being misrepresented by another poster who takes the your bait.

So you of all need not be casting stones.

It was all a trap, just to get you to respond to me after you said you wouldn't.

Reactions: 6 people
Welcome Mr. Dixon. Looking forward to having you wear the orange.
Love the work that RG is doing. Listening to Doug Mathews this AM surprised me a little.
He was discussing what the offense would look like this year and the strengths and potential. Kelly is his acknowledged workhorse. The thing that surprised me is the category he put Ty Chandler in. He ranked him as the best running back out of Tennessee in recent memory. Specifically, he said better than Reggie Cobb. To me, that is lofty praise.

Welcome Mr. Dixon. Looking forward to having you wear the orange.
Love the work that RG is doing. Listening to Doug Mathews this AM surprised me a little.
He was discussing what the offense would look like this year and the strengths and potential. Kelly is his acknowledged workhorse. The thing that surprised me is the category he put Ty Chandler in. He ranked him as the best running back out of Tennessee in recent memory. Specifically, he said better than Reggie Cobb. To me, that is lofty praise.

Missed his show this morning...good stuff.

So this thread is:

80% about some VN members not liking another VN member

?
Pretty much sums up what's wrong with this place in a single post.

Everyone needs to take the win here and STFU. This commit adds momentum to the recruiting class. If the coaches fail this year is the only way I see this kid changing. This class will be Jones best class since he got here if we hold it together. The staff has recruited better nationally and regionally this year than ever before. We're head to head for players with Alabama, Southern Cal, and Bama and for once we're actually pulling those players in. The revamped staff has delievered thus far on the recruiting front. We just need to have better results on the field.

He doesn't sound unhinged to me. Sounds like a guy who knows what a good fan community should feel like, and who recognizes when someone is trolling that community.

That's what he sounds like to me.

... break/break ...

As for Dixon committing to Tennessee, welcome! We're glad to have you in the community. Totally understand you keeping the recruiting process alive for now; it's a fun period, you should continue to take advantage of it. At the end of the day, know you'll be wearing an orange Power T. Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
This has gotten waaaay out of hand.

Every thread ends up with a negative connotation. Every thread ends up with insults, claims of entrapments, claims of trolls and ganging up on posters. This all turns passion for Tennessee football into something it is not.

This thread began as a thread about a recruit. Now look at it. For the past week, no matter what the thread topic, no matter what the lead in has been, the thread has been turned. When a difference of opinion turns into a witch hunt and constant bantering something needs to be done.

Firestarter running with the fire extinguisher...:gone:
qiqSBn.gif

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back