Bowl Reps at the game…

Gas prices will play a factor in how many fans people bring, so will outrageous hotel prices. We are most likely going to Nashville.
Nashville or Charlotte

But then again UT travels better than a few other SEC teams so that will factor in. I think the Gator Bowl would love to have Wake Forest and UT

Reactions: tbones0711
Just curious as to why that thought? Because of the weather/location? I feel like the Music City Bowl has become a very respectable game outside of NYD and CFP. Don’t they get a higher pick in bowl order than the Taxslayer and the one in Charlotte. I know they are before Liberty Bowl.
Have been to the Music City and Liberty and was miserable at both of them. Bowl games should not be played in cold weather. I agree that MSC is just a participation award.

Every website I have seen predicting bowl matchups has us in the Music City Bowl. Just the team we would play changes but a Big 10 team.
I would prefer the Taxslayer bowl in Jacksonville. Great place for a bowl game.

If we had snagged a win vs either Pitt or OM, I might have had just a tiny bit of hope for the outback. Now I think the Gator might be as good as we can expect and even that might be a reach a ibit too high for us. While it's not a bad thing and great for recruiting mid state, I really don't want Nashville...again. I'd almost prefer Charlotte. Think it's gonna be Music City for us.

Vol Walk at the last Gator Bowl was Epic. Living in Tallahasse, I certainly would love to see us back in Jax. But wherever we end up, Im happy. Back to a bowl and the program trending upward. Go Vols!!!

I am hearing Tennessee vs Virginia in the dukes mayo bowl...I honestly would not be upset with that as I LOVE beating UVA's rear end in just about anything.

Music City Bowl would be good. It would draw fans from all over the Volunteer State. Many would just go home after the game but still.
Nashville has no problem selling $500 a night hotel rooms New Years weekend, one of the hottest cities in the country. Concerts bring in many, and don’t forget we have a player who’s father is on the MCB board.

Reactions: Nugget
Nashville has no problem selling $500 a night hotel rooms New Years weekend, one of the hottest cities in the country. Concerts bring in many, and don’t forget we have a player who’s father is on the MCB board.
Plenty of places outside downtown for reasonable prices

Juice,I was replying to the statement most people would go back home. I doubt the MCB cares if you stay as opposed to Jacksonville who needs the tourism $. MCB folks want butts in seats at the game.

Juice,I was replying to the statement most people would go back home. I doubt the MCB cares if you stay as opposed to Jacksonville who needs the tourism $. MCB folks want butts in seats at the game.
And we would absolutely do that. But there are alot of UT fans that will go that do not live close to Nashville like me. Will absolutely fill hotels, and restaurants and especially if we play a big10 team.

VN Store

Back