Boycott ESPN

Really? I'd like to see that rule. I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to see it in writing. I was thinking RG III was a Heisman voter, and I know Dave Hooker was, and they both indicated they voted for HH for the final four. You'd think the voters would be aware of that rule.
It doesn’t exist. He pulled that out his behind.

Reactions: Sin City Vol
Agree 100%. They have no vendetta against US nor did they keep Hendon out of NY. There's a little known rule that if a player misses a game he's automatically kept out of the Heisman Finalists and NY. Really wish people would check facts before making these posts.
There have been 5 Heisman winners that missed games.

Many of the people here screaming "Boycott ESPN" in other places hate "The Cancel Culture" as an attempt to suppress opinions.

Then they dislike ESPN opinions and.... "Boycott ESPN!" 🤷‍♂️

No no no see....it's FINE when they call for cancel cuture because it's right; everyone else is wrong when they do it.

The networks talked down about Tennessee all year long, denigrated the fans and school at every turn, showed bias towards bama in the playoffs and now these a** clowns denied hooker the invitation to NY that he earned.

So I've decided that I am simply going to turn the tv off and listen to Bob during the games. It can't be worse than Gary Danielson.
First of all, let me say, I am a Tennessee fan. But I find it amusing that some Vol fans continually batter ESPN with hatred, but wonder why ESPN doesn't like us. If you want to be liked, be likable. Stop blaming everyone but us for any shortcomings the Vols receive.

Reactions: Sin City Vol
Enjoy "rigged" America. The narratives never stop coming from a very few powerful people on multiple topics. They own the narrative, distribution, consumption and ultimately the outcome. Get used to it.

I'll get on the phone with the Bobs( Chapek and Iger) and address the concerns of the OP with them.

Last edited:
Hooker wasn't winning so he didn't need to be there. Thanks to the fragile egos of the defense his chances were taken away in South Carolina.
I really don’t believe the defense laid down against South Carolina. With a championship on the line, I just can’t see it. I know NIL will for sure cause drama, but I just don’t see that.

The networks talked down about Tennessee all year long, denigrated the fans and school at every turn, showed bias towards bama in the playoffs and now these a** clowns denied hooker the invitation to NY that he earned.

So I've decided that I am simply going to turn the tv off and listen to Bob during the games. It can't be worse than Gary Danielson.
They did not!! ESPN hyped up Tennessee all year until the Georgia loss then they talked about us going to the playoffs. F’n cancel culture cause you’re deep in your feelings

ESPN didn't deny Hooker anything. There's a Heisman rule, albeit crappy one. If a player misses a game he's automatically dropped from being invited to NY. if they hated us that bad we wouldn't have been on Gameday twice. There's no bias towards Ala in the playoffs, most ESPN analysts said they didn't belong.
Wrong!

I know this board has a vendetta against ESPN and I’ll be cast out for saying this but I honestly think this season ESPN covered the Vols more than fairly. We had GameDay in Knoxville twice. We had GameDay in Athens. Desmond Howard and Rece Davis and Pat McAfee were all extremely complimentary of us during the season. Kirk didn’t pick us a lot and wasn’t a believer, but that doesn’t bother me.

This board just likes to complain about ESPN. That’s the real truth.
Idk. I think there’s definitely some carry over from the Manning days. I think ESPN coverage has been more fair for sure lately. I do think there’s some media bias against Tennessee in general for whatever reason. We also haven’t helped ourselves during the Schiano fiasco; I’m not putting that on the fans either, admin was incompetent to ever think that was going to fly.

We were promoted all year. Game day was at three of our games two of which were home games and epic wins. So just don’t watch the Vols on TV to make a point? No thanks.
Yes sir. Gotta take the good with the bad. They’re all after the hot ticket. As soon as you fall it’s the next flavor of the month.

Reactions: FBtime
Enjoy "rigged" America. The narratives never stop coming from a very few powerful people on multiple topics. They own the narrative, distribution, consumption and ultimately the outcome. Get used to it.

Sure thing Alex Jones.

Idk. I think there’s definitely some carry over from the Manning days. I think ESPN coverage has been more fair for sure lately. I do think there’s some media bias against Tennessee in general for whatever reason. We also haven’t helped ourselves during the Schiano fiasco; I’m not putting that on the fans either, admin was incompetent to ever think that was going to fly.

I just think it is unrealistic for fans to expect the “switch to flip” overnight. This is our first good season since 2001 if we’re being honest. Unless you are an underdog, smaller program, it takes multiple years in a row of sustained elite success to get the fawning praise that this board apparently desperately craves from ESPN.

Georgia and Alabama are the media addictions right now, but it wasn’t always that way. If we have another 10 win season next year, and then if we win the East within the next 2 years, the fawning over the Vols will only get bigger.

It takes a lot of effort to be this offended at such little things and think every little thing is disrespect. It’s almost as if you have to be looking to feel disrespected.

I have a feeling the same people that whine about ESPN and get their feelings hurt are the same ones that turn around and laugh about safe spaces and call others snowflakes.

Brother, I understand your frustration…but at the end of the day they are owned by Disney and wouldn’t go broke even if our entire fanbase boycotted them. It is what it is, the best thing that we can do is win games to piss them off.

When they waved get choppy, shoot the boat.

VN Store

Back