Bracketology Update

I do not like where Charlie Creme has us at the moment. Lexington Bracket with us possibly playing Maryland early with UK, Syrcuse/Washington and ND in our path also. Brutal.

Wouldn't mind playin cuse...get points back from them beating us last yr aha

We had fans in Greenville and lost go Bama. That will not be a difference maker. I witnessed 3 away losses this yr. not going to Lexington to see another.

Reactions: 1 person
The S-Factor: March 6 Update

Interesting to see our placement (final 4 seed as 16th overall) on the S-curve. Certainly not the committee's only deciding factor but that paired with the RPI (20th overall, technically in the 5 seed range) gives me a tiny bit of hope that we might at least be bumped up to a 6 seed.

I don't get hung up on seedings. If they play anywhere near their potential they will win whether they are a 4, 6 or 8 seed. What really matters is that they show up with focus and determination and be the kind of team that beat Ms State rather than the team that took Alabama lightly. Its crunch time and no one can be overlooked. One loss and they can start planning their summer vacation. I hope they put it on the line and the coaches put together a game plan that will put the team in the best position to win.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't get hung up on seedings. If they play anywhere near their potential they will win whether they are a 4, 6 or 8 seed. What really matters is that they show up with focus and determination and be the kind of team that beat Ms State rather than the team that took Alabama lightly. Its crunch time and no one can be overlooked. One loss and they can start planning their summer vacation. I hope they put it on the line and the coaches put together a game plan that will put the team in the best position to win.

Agree...Seeds are for gardening.

We'll be the "mustard seed"

Either way, the first game will be no push over. If they play Iowa State the first game, they beat West Virginia twice this year. WV, the way they played in the tournament will be a tough team.

Either way, the first game will be no push over. If they play Iowa State the first game, they beat West Virginia twice this year. WV, the way they played in the tournament will be a tough team.

I give us a better chance against a very good team than a run of the mill team. Our players seem to be more motivated against better competition. We seem to play up or down to our competition.

Reactions: 2 people
In my perfect scenario in Charlie Creme bracket. If the LV somehow gets pass MD and upsets the #1 ND again, we will be in the final four against Stanford with a upset win over Uconn.

UCONN is so consistent on both sides of the ball. You would think a team could put it all together and beat UCONN.

Seeing South Carolina play without one of there bigs, if I did not need both in at the same time, I would alternate them in and out and keep them fresh. They could easily do this against teams with not much height.

Reactions: 1 person
UCONN is so consistent on both sides of the ball. You would think a team could put it all together and beat UCONN.

Seeing South Carolina play without one of there bigs, if I did not need both in at the same time, I would alternate them in and out and keep them fresh. They could easily do this against teams with not much height.

I actually think that SC is potentially better without Coates in the lineup. Their offense turns too one dimensional trying to get the ball inside on every possession. Also, Coates has completely disappeared in a numbet of big games (see vs uconn). It could be my own personal bias, but I think Coates is one of the most overrated players in wcbb. I would take Russell over her without hesitation.

I actually think that SC is potentially better without Coates in the lineup. Their offense turns too one dimensional trying to get the ball inside on every possession. Also, Coates has completely disappeared in a numbet of big games (see vs uconn). It could be my own personal bias, but I think Coates is one of the most overrated players in wcbb. I would take Russell over her without hesitation.

I agree with you on all points. The only thing I would say though is that Coates has a nasty about her( not dirty like cunningham slinging ppl around) that intimidates her opponent. Put that attitude on MR with her skill set and watch out. A lot of times I have been impressed with MR skill set but she shows no intensity. Maybe it is just her and she will not change but it would help a team who lacks energy at times

She's not Parker, who was the best player in the game. She doesn't have Anosike's athleticism either. I would like her to be better defensively.

As a Jr, Nicky had one double-double...Mercedes averages a dbl-dbl.

Parker, Catchings, Holdsclaw, ,, Players like that are very rare. But none of them were 6'6" either.

In Creme's updated bracket, the LVs are a 7 seed in SCAR's bracket. That is actually a better draw for the LVs, since they get Oregon State, instead of MD, in the second round-- and no UConn. They could make a deeper run in this bracket... assuming they can get past Indiana in round 1.

Maybe Creme felt sorry for long-suffering LV fans?

Love your optimism

Creme's projection all week has been TN in marylands bracket. Not showing that's changed. Where are you guys seeing differently?

I would love to see MR with a little bit of CParkers Swag and Anoiskis toughness.

I'll trade you the toughness for the leadership. Anosike was a leader for that team and helped keep them focused. That often feels like the thing we most lack - someone to take charge and demand accountability on the roster.

VN Store

Back