Bring Back Pearl!!!

I believe Bruce will do better at Auburn than most realize.

Only haters think he wont do good. He's already recruiting well, and it will only continue to get better as his teams get better. People act like he just turned into a bad coach over night just because he didn't get Auburn into the dance this year. He may not even have them dancing next season, but come year 3 it's on, and they will be in the picture from there on out.

Reactions: 1 person
Only haters think he wont do good. He's already recruiting well, and it will only continue to get better as his teams get better. People act like he just turned into a bad coach over night just because he didn't get Auburn into the dance this year. He may not even have them dancing next season, but come year 3 it's on, and they will be in the picture from there on out.

I heard he's got a very nice recruiting class coming in next season. I think Auburn at the very least goes to the NIT during the 2015-2016 season.

I heard he's got a very nice recruiting class coming in next season. I think Auburn at the very least goes to the NIT during the 2015-2016 season.

They will be significantly improved for sure. They could make the dance next year as well. I haven't checked to see what they have returning to go with what they have coming in.

If you can't tell that something is sarcastic, you frankly don't deserve for it to be in blue font

He could eventually replace Jones at LSU

As awful of a coach as Jones is, as long as he keeps recruiting at a high level, he's keeping his job. He's somehow got the #1 player in the country this year committed to LSU.

As awful of a coach as Jones is, as long as he keeps recruiting at a high level, he's keeping his job. He's somehow got the #1 player in the country this year committed to LSU.

The recruit is related to someone in the LSU AD IIRC

Bruce will turn Auburn into a really good team and then will bolt for a higher job. If UT ever offers him again, then he would take it in a heartbeat just to mend things. He loves UT even to this day. He feels bad for what he's done but the only chance he comes back is 10-15 years down the road.

I would support this..
We should have landed bill battle but they screwed that up n let him go to bama.. If he wanted to be an ad it should have been tn..

The people on the hill r just freaking incompetent n every way. IMO

N yes hart needs to go if CDT is fired

Battle has more ties to Bama than UT

If I am going to have to deal with recruiting violations I would rather deal with it if pearl was the coach. He has our hearts and always will. I think he is the most beloved men's basketball coach all time at Tennessee. I know the ship has sailed so to speak but, I would give both my left feet to get him back. The basketball is going threw about the same stuff football was. Its been a dark few years in the history of Tennessee.

Just write the check for the 5 million dollar buyout and first year salary and another check for letting CDT go before the NCAA rules and you might be able to make this happen. But then again I doubt it.

If the hire was going to happen it would have been after the Tourney last year immediately. We got caught with our pants down when CCM decided to take off and Pearl was already hired by Auburn. Cheek would not allow the hire anyway and I will bet the board is split.

I do agree with you on dealing with the NCAA, if CDT committed the NCAA violations here then it would be an easy decision to cut bait, but he didn't we hired him and inherited a mess from So. Miss. which absolutely sux for us.

What's more, it may or may not stem from a bunch of sour grapes and incompetent NCAA investigation teams. Nothing speedy and just a good ole boy network with zero guidance or instructions plus no time lines or limits.

Every investigation that the NCAA Conducts is Al a carte and it has no boundaries or closed doors combined with speculation. Fox guarding Hen House.

The problem with Pearl is not so much he lied. Every coach lies to the NCAA. Pearl did it under Disposition and if a lawyer was present would never have happen.

If the AD had giving a head's up then guess what Pearl is still here more than likely but somebody wanted him to get caught.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone else heard Bruce on Mike & Mike Friday, but his personality and attitude just gets you pumped up and made me miss seeing him at UT very much. It'll be a very long time until UT has a coach like Bruce Pearl again, and it really sucks.

Just because his mom could coach the women's game doesn't mean he can coach the men's game. He would need to land a men's job and prove himself before landing a job such as Tennessee. You don't just give him the keys to the building, there isn't even a tad bit of evidence that he would be successful at this level much less the men's game.

What we have done so far has not produced outstanding results either. Sometime you just have to take a chance.

I think the Georgia st coach would be a great hire. He has energy and he is a players coach.

Wait, you start the thread declaring we have to get Pearl but then turn around and say Georgia St.'s coach would be a good hire?

Good lord.

Wait, you start the thread declaring we have to get Pearl but then turn around and say Georgia St.'s coach would be a good hire?

Good lord.

I'm just stating a fact after someone said no way pearl is coming back. I am not closed minded like some people on here.

I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but Auburn made his buyout astronomical so that this exact thing would not happen.

He will be at Auburn until his contract expires.

Or until he gets caught for more violations. Wise man once said something about leopards and spots....

OMG! Y'all should be so over Pearl. From what I understand UT don't put up BIG Duckies ($$$) for basketball coaches. So do you seriously think they will pay what $4 or $5 Million for Pearl? Does he even want to come back here?

I don't even know the entire story behind Pearl but I read enough on here to know that not EVERYBODY wants him back. Besides, he looks pretty happy at Auburn to me. I'm just saying....

Get over him already and move on. Y'all want to fire DT before you even know the results of the investigation. As my grandma would say, "You're putting the cart before the horse!".

A crook is a crook. You would get rid of one crook and hire a known crook? I'm not saying DT didn't do anything wrong, but it has already been proven that Pearl is a liar and a cheater (=crook). So, Keep the (alleged) crook you have and stick with him. He can flat out coach! Why trade the witch for the devil?

Reactions: 4 people
OMG! Y'all should be so over Pearl. From what I understand UT don't put up BIG Duckies ($$$) for basketball coaches. So do you seriously think they will pay what $4 or $5 Million for Pearl? Does he even want to come back here?

I don't even know the entire story behind Pearl but I read enough on here to know that not EVERYBODY wants him back. Besides, he looks pretty happy at Auburn to me. I'm just saying....

Get over him already and move on. Y'all want to fire DT before you even know the results of the investigation. As my grandma would say, "You're putting the cart before the horse!".

A crook is a crook. You would get rid of one crook and hire a known crook? I'm not saying DT didn't do anything wrong, but it has already been proven that Pearl is a liar and a cheater (=crook). So, Keep the (alleged) crook you have and stick with him. He can flat out coach! Why trade the witch for the devil?

Well put, AD. :good!:

Well put, AD. :good!:

Dang I know everyone has a favorite coach and everyone has an opinion about who UT should hire. However, DT hasn't gone anywhere. What the folks on VN have to understand is (as far as i know) NONE of them will play a part in the hiring of a new coach or firing of DT. So they need to relax, sit back and wait on the results.

In the meantime...Go Vols! I'm looking forward to the next season with DT!

Well one of three things will have to happen before they stop.

1. We will have to have a coach that get's us to the NCCAT yearly, whether that's Tyndall or not.

2. Pearl will have to retire, or be banned from coaching by the NCAA for life.

3. Pearl will have to die.

I think that about sums it up.

VN Store

Back