Bru McCoy Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching this unfortunate incident I think it is likely a complete disruption of the knee ligaments with resultant dislocation. The soft tissue of the ligaments and tendons would be considered the weakest point of the leg. I certainly could be wrong, but that is my considered opinion after spending over 30 years in a very busy ED. Hopefully whatever the injury turns out to be it will be correctable and allow him to be functional once again.
It’s most likely a tib fib fracture, hopefully not of the compound variety.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Are you suggesting Bru's family is following this thread? If so you think they are compelled to click on that link and press play?
Was neither trying to "be impressive" as you condescendingly suggested or offensive to Bru's family. This is a discussion about his injury and I posted a video that is all over the internet.
Respect doesn’t need qualifiers.

Reactions: 37620VOL
It’s most likely a tib fib fracture, hopefully not of the compound variety.
I respectfully disagree. A proximal tib-fib fracture is pretty rare and the force required would probably disrupt the weakest tissues first. Again someone already knows the injury it is just speculation on our parts at this juncture.

Reactions: DocVol
As someone who is also an emergency room physician I think there is a very good chance it was his knee as well. We all could see that his foot was obviously externally rotated which often indicates a fracture dislocation of the ankle, BUT what I thought I saw was a very unusual divot in the anterior knee where his patella should be. That very well could indicate a distal femur or even a dislocation of the knee (which is a horrible injury). Now I guess it could also be a dislocated patella as well as a ankle fracture but that would be an odd combination. hopefully I am wrong and this is based off the limited view watching it live.

I was wondering about that divot - I saw it as well - and immediately thought of some type of dislocation.

there are easier ways to make money than being a doctor, too, so if that was the only motivation you would think they would go into finance or IT
I agree. Any medical professional entering the field for “the money” will earn every single cent. The ability to make big money is in so many different careers without the personal investment the medical field requires. I, for one, and thankful my physicians chose their careers for sure!

A lot of doctors did get into medicine to help people. Medicine has become so corporate now though.
You realize tho that its not one or the other? You can be in medicine to both help people and make tons of money.

There are very few who would incur the cost of a medical degree and then not want to make a really good living to make up for it.

Assuming it's ankle, it reminds me of the Prothro injury from years back. Hopefully not that severe.

Reactions: alavolfan
If I ever get in an accident I don’t think I will come to VN to get diagnosed.
Rather have a Dr that will not assume and guess, but diagnose me after X-rays or MRI.
Especially with the absolute confidence they KNOW what it is and how wrong everyone else is.

Reactions: OldVolMan
It looked like a dislocated knee and a broken ankle. I hope not but it looked awful. No one wears knee pads in college anymore I was noticing this yesterday. In high school they will throw a flag after a warning about the knee pads.

As someone who is also an emergency room physician I think there is a very good chance it was his knee as well. We all could see that his foot was obviously externally rotated which often indicates a fracture dislocation of the ankle, BUT what I thought I saw was a very unusual divot in the anterior knee where his patella should be. That very well could indicate a distal femur or even a dislocation of the knee (which is a horrible injury). Now I guess it could also be a dislocated patella as well as a ankle fracture but that would be an odd combination. hopefully I am wrong and this is based off the limited view watching it live.
Great description of what I didn’t have words to explain. The odd looking knee is what makes me think it’s more than an ankle. And it looked to me like he tried to raise his leg but could not

Yeah, they aren’t highly trained, having put in far more work and studying than others. Those degrees and certifications mean nothing. 🙄

Modern society’s dismissal of experts in their fields in deference to ignorance is disturbing…and reflective of insecurity.

Yes, doctors know much more about medicine than others. It’s weird that that has to be said.
He is a doctor. And quite hilarious. Modern society’s ignorance of sarcasm is disturbing..and reflective of no sense of humor

Anyone see an actual update yet? Not speculative, but an actual report after imaging? I am wondering if he didn't actually have a hip injury as well. These people talking about just an ankle didn't see the video I saw. Prayers for him though I hate to see injuries like this on players so young.

Reactions: davethevol
Yeah, they aren’t highly trained, having put in far more work and studying than others. Those degrees and certifications mean nothing. 🙄

Modern society’s dismissal of experts in their fields in deference to ignorance is disturbing…and reflective of insecurity.

Yes, doctors know much more about medicine than others. It’s weird that that has to be said.
They are also part of a system that keeps humans enslaved to medicine, vaccines, and insurance premiums. But don’t think for a moment that I’m not thankful for medical professionals. I certainly am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back