Bruce Pearl & Candace Parker

My point has been that my opinion is that Pearl panicked when he was caught violating another NCAA rule because he understood the hostile environment that was created when Kiffin brought the investigation to Knoxville. It shouldn’t be that complicated to follow along.

Read the language and you should be able to see the zero tolerance analogy.

Pearl panicked while the contract was still in force.
You may read zero tolerance into that verbiage but I don't. You're entitled to your opinion on why Bruce lied but nothing in that verbiage gets Pearl fired, not for a minor violation, especially by Hammy. Heck Hammy didn't even want to fire him for the major.

I am having a real hard time believing BP would've felt that insecure about his job status. Bottomline I frankly I don't care about the why he lied...panicked, cover my ass, etc. it would just be an excuse to justify his unethical behavior.

I've moved on from BP.

I think that Lane Kiffin set the tone and Pearl got caught up in the backlash. After Kiffin got the NCAA sniffing around UT, the climate in the athletic department was zero tolerance. Pearl’s contract reflected the no nonsense allowed theme as far as NCAA compliance. Then he panicked after what should have been a minor recruiting issue and he lied even more to attempt to avoid his own firing with cause. So imo Kiffin cost TN the services of Bruce Pearl as the HBBC.
You just gave me another reason to not like Kiffin. He is the #1 coach that I would NOT like to see back. I've never seen a coach try to "salt the ground" here the way he did when he was leaving. I would rather have the flu than see him again.

You may read zero tolerance into that verbiage but I don't. You're entitled to your opinion on why Bruce lied but nothing in that verbiage gets Pearl fired, not for a minor violation, especially by Hammy. Heck Hammy didn't even want to fire him for the major.

I am having a real hard time believing BP would've felt that insecure about his job status. Bottomline I frankly I don't care about the why he lied...panicked, cover my ass, etc. it would just be an excuse to justify his unethical behavior.

I've moved on from BP.

“has knowingly engaged in or condoned significant or repetitive violation(s) of NCAA regulations”

Nice of you to allow me to be entitled to an opinion - even when you make douchey comments mocking it.

Not even close. He had a recruit, who had committed to UT, at the cookout at his house. The recruit was a junior in high school and was not allowed to be anywhere but the campus on his visit because he was not a senior.
Someone took a picture of the recruit with Pearl's wife, at his house, and that picture was seen by the coach at Ohio State who sent it to the NCAA. The rest is history as Pearl said the recruit was not at the cookout, but the NCAA had the picture and had him on the hook. This all happened because someone took a picture, and it became the smoking gun that started the lie.

The player in question committed to Ohio State after the dust up.
I so wanted to see that picture. Has anybody seen it. I do know at the time that cell phones were primarily 640x480 resolution.

Pat approved. That's good enough for me.

Pat also “had feelings” when Bruce got his new deal with the generous compensation BEFORE she got her bump. After she complained and got her’s she knew that going forward she’d be rewarded even more whenever Bruce got raised. So of course she’s going to play along in her clownish Minnie Pearl with a boa cheerleader act.

Pat also “had feelings” when Bruce got his new deal with the generous compensation BEFORE she got her bump. After she complained and got her’s she knew that going forward she’d be rewarded even more whenever Bruce got raised. So of course she’s going to play along in her clownish Minnie Pearl with a boa cheerleader act.
Your in trouble now. Pat is a saint around here.

That’s a lie. He got fired for lying to the NCAA and his bosses and having his staff lie. How do you all keep saying that? It’s an absolute lie. He got fired for lying and covering up his lie.
He panicked, give the guy a break and move on. In today’s climate coaches and schools have committed far worse infractions. The NCAA is I pictured in the dictionary under hypocrisy. Look it up!!!

Reactions: VAVol85
Love having Barnes but if/when he retires I would want Pearl back in a second. He put us on the map and had a fun team to watch play.

He panicked, give the guy a break and move on. In today’s climate coaches and schools have committed far worse infractions. The NCAA is I pictured in the dictionary under hypocrisy. Look it up!!!
Agree with this. NCAA nit-picky rules about who you talk to or buy a meal turned one school or coach into a pariah for nothing while other schools passed round bags of cash. The whole farce needed to change. NIL may not be a solution but at least it is different.

Both were gushing over Tennessee's win over Creighton, Bruce "GO VOLS" and Parker told Bruce "Don't be humble, You were the one who brought Tennessee Men's Basketball back to Prominence" (Paraphrased) Surreal Moment....... Deep down, Pearl Is a VOL.

Parker and Pearl are definitely carrying the Tennessee banner.

Reactions: 007Racer
Pearl fans seem to have this weird idea that there is more hate for Bruce than there actually is because it helps justify their complaints about Barnes in their minds. I imagine less than 5% of our fanbase “hates” Pearl. We just like to focus on the guy who is actually our coach right now, not the past.

This notion that anyone complaining about anything Barnes' are somehow pro's to Pearl is moronic. Barnes this year has broken his tenure trend here at Tennessee. Likely would have last year if ZZ didn't get hurt.

Literally what is the complaints anyway on Barnes besides the normal "Tourney Rick Showing Up" quips?

Amazing that criticizing Barnes for anything is somehow automatically a cover for Pearl. My God you mouthbreathers are miserable.

Reactions: Jaxon_Vol2017
He got fired because he asked a recruit and his dad to lie for him about a picnic....accept it.
I did. He deserved to be fired. You better hope to goodness you never mess up in your life. I'll be leading the charge of people not giving you a chance to redeem yourself. I'm just gonna say to you, accept it.

Gotta love the never ending p*$$ING contests over Pearl in what should be a happy moment for all Vol fans.

Vols are in the Elite 8 and a former coach and player praised them for it in the post game.
It's because this weird group of people here who think people don't deserve a chance to redeem themselves. It's so weird that they get off on putting down other human beings.

Reactions: 007Racer
Where did you read that I hated Bruce? You didn't. Cast the first stone? Very biblical. How about "go and sin no more".

just so we're clear lying isn't a mistake, it's a decision, a decision to deceive. There are consequences for such decisions and that what happened to Bruce. Shame but Bruce showed a clear lack on integrity in asking Craft and his father to lie for him. This is my problem with him.

Enablers try to trivialize the event by talking about it was just a "picnic" or he made a mistake. Neither the picnic or the lie were mistakes, they were decisions. BAD DECISIONS!
Have you ever made a bad decision? Hope you get fired from your job and everyone hates you because of it. 🙄

This notion that anyone complaining about anything Barnes' are somehow pro's to Pearl is moronic. Barnes this year has broken his tenure trend here at Tennessee. Likely would have last year if ZZ didn't get hurt.

Literally what is the complaints anyway on Barnes besides the normal "Tourney Rick Showing Up" quips?

Amazing that criticizing Barnes for anything is somehow automatically a cover for Pearl. My God you mouthbreathers are miserable.

What are the complaints about Barnes? Lol. This exact “quip” that appears ad nauseam every single year, which is exhausting to have to listen to annually.

Just look around after our SEC tournament loss to Miss State. Between Vol Nation and social media, people were blasting “March Rick” again for “choking.” Sure, now we can all laugh at after these past few weeks, but it’s easy to say that now after the fact.

People aren’t mouthbreathers for pointing out how ridiculous it is that the night Barnes took us to an E8 there is still a sizable portion spending more time talking about Pearl than our actual coach.

Where are you seeing “hate” for him? Can you quote the posts that “hate” on him? Also, he did not just have a bar-b-que and anyone with any knowledge of events knows that’s not true. 🙄
Maybe the people calling him a liar or a scumbag? That's hate, try reading the thread 🙄🙄🙄

VN Store

Back