Butch has the potential to put about 8 coaches on the hot seat this year

Big picture, CMR had put together one of the best staffs in all of CFB, is loaded with talent, and has, potentially a Peyton Manning coming in next year. A loss to UT in K'ville is not going to put him on the hot seat. The powers want to see him work with Eason, Chubb, and company. He's got several more years.

Agree. Dude recruits out of his mind, challenges for the SECe every year (even if he does tend to consistently come up short), and wins 9 games per year. He's not (nor should he) going anywhere anytime soon.

Just clarifying the point of my post buddy. It's all good. And to that point, I'd bet most of those fans fully believe that 1 of those 4 or 5 will be vs Tennessee.

I understand.

Fwiw, the ones I've talked said they'll be lucky to win one SEC game. They know they should have lost the UK game last year, and that it'll take a couple years to rebuild.

Look. If the Vols are back, then putting coaches on hot seats comes with the territory. When you win, others lose. When others lose, coaches get fired.

Gosh, how many hot seats did Phil create from 93-04?

Reactions: 2 people
I understand.

Fwiw, the ones I've talked said they'll be lucky to win one SEC game. They know they should have lost the UK game last year, and that it'll take a couple years to rebuild.

I don't believe Florida will be that bad at all. Bet they exceed the expectations of most this year and will be very difficult to deal with in 2016.

Agree. Dude recruits out of his mind, challenges for the SECe every year (even if he does tend to consistently come up short), and wins 9 games per year. He's not (nor should he) going anywhere anytime soon.

He wins 10 games/year.

big picture, cmr had put together one of the best staffs in all of cfb, is loaded with talent, and has, potentially a peyton manning coming in next year. A loss to ut in k'ville is not going to put him on the hot seat. The powers want to see him work with eason, chubb, and company. He's got several more years.

image.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I think only Vandy will be looking for a new coach after this season.
Ok - Program has had a lot of recent success.
FL - No way a new coach is on the hot seat after 1 season.
GA - They've settled for "almost" forever. Why stop now?
Ark - Program isn't there yet but is headed in the right direction.
Bama - Seriously?
Kentucky - They're used to losing. They know they have a decent coach turning things around slowly, and their program isn't going to attract any big names.
SC - Their program wasn't relevant before Spurrier. They won't give him the boot after a couple of bad years.

Vandy AD would be stupid to fire Mason after 2 seasons. He needs 6 at least. One of the main reasons Vandy sucks is because they haven't had a head coach for 10 years since Dan McGugin

Vandy AD would be stupid to fire Mason after 2 seasons. He needs 6 at least. One of the main reasons Vandy sucks is because they haven't had a head coach for 10 years since Dan McGugin

The problem Vandy has is that it's not a destination job. If you can have some sort of success there you're off to greener pastures. Keeping a guy there (who is successful) for 10 years would be very difficult...even with a ton of cash.

When was the last time Tennessee won 8?

This year while Florida's struggling to win 6 games and their fans will be home in their jorts crying in front of their TV while McElwain sunbathes on the beach with his Paris Hilton sunglasses on.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back