Butch is not going anywhere.

True, after the disaster of the Dooley years and building this team back from terrible academic performance AND the least disciplined football team in the universe (seriously, how??? How did the Doolster go 4-7 in 2012???? With all that offensive talent???) and making Tennessee a player in the national CFB conversation instead of a running joke, it would be shocking to see Currie axe Butch after a 6 or 7 win season in which he lost half a dozen NFL quality starters. But hey, the world turns quickly these days, who knows?

When have we been a serious topic on the National CFB conversation outside of being over-hyped last year, the miracle at UGA, blown victories vs OU and UF, and ridiculous upset losses to USC and Vandy?

Oh, how could I forget Champions of Life and the Turn Over Trash Can?!

Last edited:
1-4 vs Florida
2-2 vs Georgia
0-4 vs Alabama
2-2 vs Vandy
2-2 vs Mizzou
14-19 vs the SEC
5-13 vs ranked opponents

That simply won't cut it.

He gets seven wins and a great bowl and the new less demanding VOL fans are pleased.
He's got to fail to get a bowl to be in jeopardy. Just the way it is. Old timers just suck it up.

The only thing that matters is the boosters. Avg fans don't have a lot pull.

He gets seven wins and a great bowl and the new less demanding VOL fans are pleased.
He's got to fail to get a bowl to be in jeopardy. Just the way it is. Old timers just suck it up.

Prolly right, ironic because the comeback against GT may have helped save a bowl game.

Dude, I'm the most adamant orange Julius butch supporter you will find. No coach will survive tonight. I know it's hard to deal with ,and to wrap your head around 5 more years of misery, but the negas won. We are in for 5 more years.

The negas have nothing to do with his miserable coaching other than pointing out that he sucks and he's always sucked... What did we win exactly? The argument?

It's you sunshine pumpers that have ****ed this program by accepting mediocrity.

The negas have nothing to do with his miserable coaching other than pointing out that he sucks and he's always sucked... What did we win exactly? The argument?

It'ss you sunshine pumpers that have ****ed this program by accepting mediocrity.

Awesome post. Too bad it's wrong. All that matters are the big dollar boosters opinions. It's really that simple

Awesome post. Too bad it's wrong. All that matters are the big dollar boosters opinions. It's really that simple

It's the average fan that has accepted mediocrity and continues to support Jones via the purchase of UT gear and butts in seats... Stop going and stop buying and he'd be gone.

But, I do agree, that's pie in the sky **** and the big money will have to pull the plug.

It's not what I think it's what the AD and admin think. Personally I don't think he is the answer but not sure we can get a top tier coach to replace him.

To recruit, hire and keep a top tier coach the admin would have to make a commitment they are obviously unwilling to make. They DO NOT care about what we want to see.. May as well chew that food and swallow it..

If Butch goes 7-5 or less he's out. Losing to Florida, LSU, Georgia, and Bama and one or more in year 5 isn't going to cut it with the boosters or Currie. And it shouldn't. We aren't South Carolina or Arkannsas.

Bama is a loss. LSU more than likely a loss. Ga probably a loss. If he loses to SC, Mizz, Vandy, or Kentucky he is gone

As an out of state donor,& season ticket holder for literally decades, I am very tired of fielding a mediocre team. No SEC game is assurred as they once were. Bama is a sure fired blow out. Shoop has not been shown to be a saviour of the D as we hoped. Beating cupcakes is really no fun. UGA has to be happiest team in SEC. Bummed :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
I just have a feeling something is going on behind the scenes. Butch just seems like he knows he is on a short leash

VN Store

Back