Butch Jones pinpoints ‘defining moment’ for Tennessee football program

Hopefully last years ARK game is this years defining moment too. We don't need a defining moment this year, we just need W's.

All we need this year is to hand out defining azz whoopin's, yunz dig wat I'm saying?

We will have a defining moment. That will be beating Florida and sending the team to a 4-0 start and a top 5 ranking.

We will have a defining moment. That will be beating Florida and sending the team to a 4-0 start and a top 5 ranking.

The UF game will tell us a lot about where this team and division are going. If UF wins we have to accept that Mac has the ability to build a powerhouse and beat a more talented team at their place. If Butch wins he draws even with Mac showing that UF winning the East last year might have been a fluke

I felt we turned a corner during the 2nd half of the UGA game last year, albeit a small corner. This would be really turning THE corner. This means a lot more to us than it does them IMO. With the schedule we have after the Florida game that game goes a long way in making a great season or a mediocre season.

After we beat Ga, that's when it will be for real. Florida is all about the streak, Ga is about the SECe, and Bama is about the NC run.

Was at that game and was wet and miserable till gametime then first play boom! Said we bout to roll and it went all downhill after that.. Glad that was a defining moment..

I couldn't believe the sight of our fans leaving the stadium when UT had enough time to mount one final drive. I believe we all quit on Butch then, its amazing the players didn't.

A lot of the fans quit not only on Butch but on the team. It was very sad and disappointing to see.

A lot of the fans quit not only on Butch but on the team. It was very sad and disappointing to see.

I would be lying if I said I didn't have it in the back of my mind when we were down 24-3 that maybe Butch wasn't the guy. But when we cut it 7 in less than two minutes I couldn't help but get back on the bandwagon. Hell, I'm the kind of guy that I'll support whoever the coach is, I defense's Dooley until the death until I witnessed us blow the Missouri game in Neyland. That was the padlock on the coffin for me and I think it was for a lot of fans. I will say though and I'll refer to 2005 and the LSU game, we were down big early to a very talented LSU team and came back and won that game in overtime. That game IMO was pretty similar to that.

VN Store

Back