Butch Jones will land at....

Wherever he lands, it will be his "Dream Job" and it will be the "best college atmosphere he has ever seen with the best fans". He will work to build the program " brick by brick". "Nobody will work harder" and he will build a team that will have "resolve" and "Resilience" that fans can be proud of. He will work to improve the "football culture" and put a "quality product" on the field.

Reactions: 11 people
Wherever he lands, it will be his "Dream Job" and it will be the "best college atmosphere he has ever seen with the best fans". He will work to build the program " brick by brick". "Nobody will work harder" and he will build a team that will have "resolve" and "Resilience" that fans can be proud of. He will work to improve the "football culture" and put a "quality product" on the field.

Don't forget that he will put together the "best" coaching staff in America.

Reactions: 3 people
Butch will land somewhere decent. We can bash him all we want but the fact is he did bring us out of the gutter. He is not that good of a coach but teams will see what he did here and will think it was good.

yes he did some good things, but a coach he "ain't"...he could possibly land in a non-Power 5, but hey, who knows...UT hired him didn't they...I say good luck to Butch and spend your UT money wisely...:)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
As bad as we suck and as frustrated as I am, I hope he lands somewhere.

I don't hate the guy, he's just ended up not being right for Tennessee.

Kansas would be a good fit, I think.

Reactions: 7 people
He'll rehab with his mentor, Kelly, at Notre Dame for a couple of years. Then get a gig as a HC again.

Reactions: 2 people
Some where selling dreams and unfulfilled promises, but don't give a damn as long as it isn't here.

straight back to the MAC for Butch I think

I bet he lands in somewhere Ohio

Frank Solich could retire and he could replace

Jason Candle might get picked up, leaving Toledo open

Mike Jenks (BGU) might be on the hot seat if he continues to lose so thats another

Paul Haynes (Kent St) might have worn out his welcome. Wouldnt be surprised if they parted ways

it seems Butch has interest in Colorado too...so wouldnt be surprised if McIntyre left Butch takes over. Same goes with Bobo at Colorado St.

If Butch lands at Virginia, I want to be at his introductory press conference.
UVA is kind of high brow, some would say culturally liberal or elitist etc. I just don’t think they would deal well with Butchs Sgt Carter way of speaking and acing.
Butch would thrive more at an Ole Miss or W.Virginia.

He would be fine there. It's football not a lecture hall. His nickname is a little redneck, but he's not.......he's not the guy to lead us to the promise land, but he'd "fit in" ok most places.

Virginia.

Bronco Mendenhall is going to Oregon State.

Perfect fit for Butch.

I wish him the best of luck... he'll have his multiple chances at GA Tech, Virginia Tech again.

After his body of work and outlandish slogans.....who in their right mind would hire Butch?

If Butch lands at Virginia, I want to be at his introductory press conference.
UVA is kind of high brow, some would say culturally liberal or elitist etc. I just don’t think they would deal well with Butchs Sgt Carter way of speaking and acing.
Butch would thrive more at an Ole Miss or W.Virginia.

Exactly my first thought.

haha! honestly, I think Mike Bobo is gonna go to Ole Miss.

The best hire Ole Miss could make is Charlie Strong if he winds up going 12-0 in his first year.

At this point, Ole Miss needs someone to recruit and build their depth. Strong checks all those boxes. Additionally, Strong has the championship experience in the SEC.

Ole Miss ain't hiring Mike "3rd and Long Halfback Screen Pass" Bobo who go Richt fired for 9 and 10 win seasons.

VN Store

Back