Butch statement at the end

I'm sure he's physically talented, but it's clear he's nowhere near mentally and emotionally ready. He looks very hesitant and generally lost.

Don't have a clue about Canales (he may not be very good or not that bad) but Jones decision to not have a QB coach while both of these guys were developing and getting ready to take over for Dobbs is biting him in the arse.

Couldn't say that for Florida loss won't say that for this, even if missed fg, won by one, ur smart enough to admit that....plenty of reason to slay whomever but refs never win or lose minus the 5th down Washington champ and Green Bay Seattle game a few years back :)

I said umass and the refs. They both helped us win.

Umass by not hitting an extra point, and not falling on a fumble.

Refs for the field goal and late hit on last drive.

You are right refs never win games but they did help us today.

I said umass and the refs. They both helped us win.

Umass by not hitting an extra point, and not falling on a fumble.

Refs for the field goal and late hit on last drive.

You are right refs never win games but they did help us today.

And as I said fair enough to say anyone else but just mentioning refs, it's never a good look....the kid made a decision to run for the td instead of falling coulda been any one too do the same (u or me woulda) and the late hit was over rated kid should've fell and they would called it, yet he didn't , never mention refs is all imho makes us sound weak, even if we are :)

And as I said fair enough to say anyone else but just mentioning refs, it's never a good look....the kid made a decision to run for the td instead of falling coulda been any one too do the same (u or me woulda) and the late hit was over rated kid should've fell and they would called it, yet he didn't , never mention refs is all imho makes us sound weak, even if we are :)

Yeah i know, the main reason i mention refs is the fg.

I know the QB's are a lot worse but still Scott seems like a downgrade from Debord. We have to have a little more than 15 to 20 runs up the middle with eight in the box. Looks like to me we could go outside on this team all day with sweep and passes out of the backfield didn't really try that many.

Never had a problem with DeBord. He and Dobbs had a good thing going.

It's a sad situation when Gene Chizek makes sense. There is no excuse for this performance. We are so predictable offensively. We never did anything outside the normal to move the ball. Pitiful!

Anyone thinking Chizik makes sense needs to put down the drink, wait a few hours and then realize what dumb things a drunk can say. :eek:lol:

Geez, maybe if he'd keep his head out of his a** long enough to actually coach & develop players, they wouldn't be losing respect for him.

If I was a 2018 recruit right now, I'd be looking for another home after this pathetic performance today.

Thanks now find another team to pull for! I've Donald Trumped you now!

:-(

Tennesseeduke

its hard to be anything when your line cain't block a high school team,and your recivers cain't catck even a cold.:crazy:

Before halftime WR Johnson was targeted 5 times, caught all five for 111 total yards and a TD. "cain't catck even a cold" I guess.

Don't have a clue about Canales (he may not be very good or not that bad) but Jones decision to not have a QB coach while both of these guys were developing and getting ready to take over for Dobbs is biting him in the arse.

Canales is a joke. Look at his resume. What has he really done? A real deal QB coach would have Dormady playing like Peterman did last year.

If the OL plays like they played today we can't beat anybody in the SEC.

Well, to be fair, there's a lot that's wrong right now. However, the one unit that's been consistently bad since year-one under Coach Jones is the O-line.

It's a sad situation when Gene Chizek makes sense. There is no excuse for this performance. We are so predictable offensively. We never did anything outside the normal to move the ball. Pitiful!

It sounded like Chizik had some agenda in his statements. They were right, but I started to think he wanted to be a coach again. I say, "no thanks".

During interview at the end of game from the field Jones made no excuses, when the reporter asked Jones what needed to worked on before next week he quite candidly said “everything”.

Don’t know if was post Florida hangover, a regular hangover, early start or whatever, this team was never engaged from beginning to end, offense, defense, special teams, no one. Not sure what coaches can do when the team never gets off the bus!

They are 5 star hearts..... You shouldn't have to encourage them.

(Can't do blue font on my phone)

Offense is learning and is taking some growing pains to get to where they want....that is all...don't need message board crybabies to whine at every whim...

STFU,
This is a UMass team that lost to ODU and Coastal.
50-0 should have been the baseline.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Butch has played games with this roster. I think he plays favorites and punishes players by burying them in the depth chart until fans and media start asking questions.

I have no inside knowledge but this is the perception, at least how it looks to me from the outside looking in.

Player development under Butch has been horrid. Dobbs and Barnett aside most of our roster e just haven't been able to get the best from for whatever reason. Butch is in danger of losing this team, if that happens and they can't right the ship this season is going to be very ugly.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back