C. Parker undergoes surgery.

Speedy recovery to CP. Then she has a decision to make.

This is probably not the way she wants to go out, but the Aces are clearly fine without her. Does she really want to rehab back to playing shape for next year?

This is probably not the way she wants to go out, but the Aces are clearly fine without her. Does she really want to rehab back to playing shape for next year?

Really unfortunate she couldn't make it to the end as there is absolutely no doubt her team is winning the title. While Candace will get another ring, being unable to finish the season/postseason will diminish that legacy somewhat. Not only that, LV is making a run that puts them in the conversation (if not favorite) for greatest WNBA team of all time, and Parker now goes from starter to footnote for this juggernaut...

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Really unfortunate she couldn't make it to the end as there is absolutely no doubt her team is winning the title. While Candace will get another ring, being unable to finish the season/postseason will diminish that legacy somewhat. Not only that, LV is making a run that puts them in the conversation (if not favorite) for greatest WNBA team of all time, and Parker now goes from starter to footnote for this juggernaut...
I want CP to have a glorious ending. But truthfully, her continuing to start seemed more and more a courtesy and she has been kind of a footnote already. The Aces are just stacked and clearly CP is no longer near her prime. Might be the best time to step away; don't become old and diminished like Taurasi.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
I want CP to have a glorious ending. But truthfully, her continuing to start seemed more and more a courtesy and she has been kind of a footnote already. The Aces are just stacked and clearly CP is no longer near her prime. Might be the best time to step away; don't become old and dimenished like Taurasi.

dimenished somehow that didn't pass the eye test

I want CP to have a glorious ending. But truthfully, her continuing to start seemed more and more a courtesy and she has been kind of a footnote already. The Aces are just stacked and clearly CP is no longer near her prime. Might be the best time to step away; don't become old and diminished like Taurasi.

It is not clear that this procedure will keep her from the playoffs. It is hard to judge her potential performance/contribution/value to the ACEs given that she has been playing injured. But, this team is so stacked, she was clearly coming into to be more of a facilitator than a primary scorer but someone teams would still have to account for. I hope she makes it back and has few shining movements in the ACEs march to a championship. And the Liberty are no slouches either and so the ACEs could probably use Candace as an X factor in the playoffs.

She did say, “I’ll rehab and work my way towards being healthy as soon as possible.” I would think that indicates she plans to play again.

Candace's legacy won't be diminished at all... She is one of the greats that was never in doubt... she might possibly get a third ring while being injured and all that's going to happen is her legacy will say 3x WNBA champ instead of 2x.

End of story...

VN Store

Back