CA, Dependent On Solar Power, Has Rolling Blackouts In Heat Wave. Hint: The Sun Sets At Night.

Anyone that educated themselves on the subject should know we should be producing the vast majority of our electricity from nuclear power. The benefits completely outweigh the cons.

Among other problems, it’s not cost effective. So, like I said, if you want nuclear on any serious scale it would have to subsidized and the US as a whole hasn’t been willing to do so mainly because fossil fuels have their tentacles in our govt at every level.

Among other problems, it’s not cost effective. So, like I said, if you want nuclear on any serious scale it would have to subsidized and the US as a whole hasn’t been willing to do so mainly because fossil fuels have their tentacles in our govt at every level.

Never fear , Bernie and AOC have a plan to fix that .. before we all die from climate change in the next 7 years

Explain these two comments. If we are to assume that nuclear is not cost effective and relies on subsidies, then I'm wondering why you are upset at fossil fuels being firmly connected in Washington since your comment implies that fossil fuels are cost effective and not dependent on subsidies?

Basically, it seems you are upset that the commercially viable fossil fuel lobby is more listened to than the less cost effective nuclear lobby.

Also, where are you getting your info about nuclear being less cost effective than fossil fuel?

Last edited:

It’s not cost effective because of our BS permitting process and idiotic waste disposal problems.

Like I said, anyone that educated themselves on the subject would understand the issues. They are self induced due to ignorance and fear.

Reactions: VolStrom
Explain these two comments. If we are to assume that nuclear is not cost effective and relies on subsidies, then I wondering why you are upset at fossil fuels being firmly connected in Washington since you comment implies that fossil fuels are cost effective and not dependent on subsidies?

Basically, it seems you are upset that the commercially viable fossil fuel lobby is more listened to than the less cost effective nuclear lobby.

Also, where are you getting your info about nuclear being less cost effective than fossil fuel?
Of course fossil fuels are cost effective, hence the lobbying power... they’re just dirty to produce.

I got my info largely from a close friend who works for a nuclear producer and sitting through energy seminars with nuclear industry professionals.

It’s not cost effective because of our BS permitting process and idiotic waste disposal problems.

Like I said, anyone that educated themselves on the subject would understand the issues. They are self induced due to ignorance and fear.
Enlighten me on the permitting process and waste disposal and how you would fix it.

Enlighten me on the permitting process and waste disposal and how you would fix it.

Eliminate public comment for one. Eliminate environmental impact studies on existing plants wanting to expand for two. There are many more and then shut down the BS in congress and the courts over Yucca Mountain.

Ha .. 72 - 68 ... I like to see nipples when you walk in from outside, and my breath when I sleep . Lol
The funny thing is the house we are in now is more comfortable at 76 than our old house at 72. Too many thermal gradients in the old house. It was cold as hell at the single thermostat but warm in a lot of the other rooms especially the ones in the afternoon sun or lots of windows. Just the opposite in the winter.

If I set this house on 72 it would feel like you can hang meat in it. We used to think we liked the house cold. We didn’t realize it was only really cold at the thermostat 🤷‍♂️

Eliminate public comment for one. Eliminate environmental impact studies on existing plants wanting to expand for two. There are many more and then shut down the BS in congress and the courts over Yucca Mountain.

So basically free reign without any oversight... no thanks. Also, lot of the opposition for Yucca mountain comes locally and I don’t blame them. Why should their state be forced to store the country’s nuclear waste when their state doesn’t even produce any nuclear energy? Seems to me like an inappropriate imposition on the citizen’s rights... right?

so we are to assume that nuclear is the only source that has received any subsidies? Really?

Of course fossil fuels are cost effective, hence the lobbying power... they’re just dirty to produce.

I got my info largely from a close friend who works for a nuclear producer and sitting through energy seminars with nuclear industry professionals.
If fossil fuels are cost effective, why would they need lobbying leverage? Fossil fuels would be the first choice just based on that alone without any need for a strong lobby.

If fossil fuels are cost effective, why would they need lobbying leverage? Fossil fuels would be the first choice just based on that alone without any need for a strong lobby.

They need lobbying because they’re detrimental to the environment, but you knew that... playing dumb to invite a climate change debate?

They need lobbying because they’re detrimental to the environment, but you knew that... playing dumb to invite a climate change debate?

Hallmark and candy companies have lobbyists. Why do we have daylight savings time ? Every large industry has lobbyists.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So are they lobbying to be used as a source of energy or are they lobbying to lessen environmental regulations?

I would ask also if nuclear couldn't be more cost effective if regulations were loosened?

Anyone that educated themselves on the subject should know we should be producing the vast majority of our electricity from nuclear power. The benefits completely outweigh the cons.

China has become the world leader in nuclear power production while the US and western countries busies themselves with really important issues like diversity, social justice, climate change, etc., etc., etc. China is also laughing their arse off when they make and sell all those LED bulbs and solar panels to the US ecofreaks.

So are they lobbying to be used as a source of energy or are they lobbying to lessen environmental regulations?

I would ask also if nuclear couldn't be more cost effective if regulations were loosened?
Yes to all... plus everyone is always lobbying for tax breaks. There is always a trade off with loosening regulations, I guess where you fall on regulations depends on your priorities.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back