Canales coming for second interview

Makes sense if Scott is gonna be OC or Co OC with Canales. They were on the same offensive staff at USF. Walt Wells was there too.

I just hope he can develop JG and QD. Does anybody know any QBs who have had success under Canales?

Our defensive staff is starting to be far superior than our offensive staff. However, the offense has not been the biggest problem. If Wells can fix the OL then I'm ok with the changes.

I just hope he can develop JG and QD. Does anybody know any QBs who have had success under Canales?

Our defensive staff is starting to be far superior than our offensive staff. However, the offense has not been the biggest problem. If Wells can fix the OL then I'm ok with the changes.

Philip Rivers

Reactions: 1 person
More of the Best Staff in America... 30 years coaching and his only big time player is Phillip Rivers? I really wish we would hire the best instead of more of Butch's buddies.

It appears Canales has had some success with QBs. As others have mentioned, Rivers at NC State, and led USF and North Texas QBs to program highs. My only concern is if he was any good why hasn't anybody else taken a chance on him in his 30 year coaching career? I know he has some stints at places, but there's not an elite school that has ever used his services.

However, since he has never truly coached at an elite school, he's never had QBs as talented as QD and JG. I guess we will see...

It appears Canales has had some success with QBs. As others have mentioned, Rivers at NC State, and led USF and North Texas QBs to program highs. My only concern is if he was any good why hasn't anybody else taken a chance on him in his 30 year coaching career? I know he has some stints at places, but there's not an elite school that has ever used his services.

However, since he has never truly coached at an elite school, he's never had QBs as talented as QD and JG. I guess we will see...

Only Butch knows how to find those worthy enough to be on the best staff in America.

Wanted a fresh approach on our staff...DB coach so far seems promising, not jazzed if this Canales hire turns out true but my gawd! We need FRESH MATERIAL on THIS BOARD! When you reissue the "best staff in America" punchline OVER AND OVER, do you think you're breaking new comedic gold? Try people! :fool:
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Wanted a fresh approach on our staff...DB coach so far seems promising, not jazzed if this Canales hire turns out true but my gawd! We need FRESH MATERIAL on THIS BOARD! When you reissue the "best staff in America" punchline OVER AND OVER, do you think you're breaking new comedic gold? Try people! :fool:
tenor.gif

Since he may not be getting a Co OC role Canales' duties will include QB coach and Life Champions Coordinator.

Like mentioned above Phillip Rivers... Also USF’s all time leading passer and North Texas’ as well. Worth noting though the offenses he has been apart of have been really really bad. Like 2004 with Arizona (I believe) they scored 14 points a game and were 119/120 in the country. But, I like it there was buzz around him getting the North Texas HC job full time a few years ago. Go Vols!

Same 247 article said he was passed over for OC job at Utah State...Wein ke would have been more of a splash hire....heck I would have preferred to have grabbed up Lashlee before he went to UCONN.

More of the Best Staff in America... 30 years coaching and his only big time player is Phillip Rivers? I really wish we would hire the best instead of more of Butch's buddies.

They're buddies?
I haven't even checked. Where is the connection between them?

VN Store

Back