Car Insurance Question

VolFaninFla

I currently have auto insurance with Progressive. I am getting close to the renewal date and am interested in getting additional quote. I am going to check with Allstate and Liberty.
Does anyone have any recommendations of which insurance companies might have more competitive pricing?

All State has been lower than any other company for me the last 4-5 years (and I check regularly).

My agents have always been super helpful whether it was in TN or here in GA.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Check with Farm Bureau Insurance.

This. I have them for home and auto. About the middle of the road when it comes to rates. I researched them all trying to help my kids get auto.

A tree fell on my house several years ago and did around $10,000 in damage. Farm bureau was there almost immediately. Made a terrible situation a lot easier

Perfect timing. Been with Farm Bureau for over 25 years, full coverage although vehicles are typically paid for. My truck, wife’s suv, two kids cars, never filed a claim and always made my payments. Had this happen today and find that a rental car is capped at $45 a day for 30 days. That won’t rent a pick up truck. I need(want) a truck for work. Can’t say I’d recommend Farm Bureau but I have no other point of reference.I’m thinking of shopping around.
IMG_9049.jpegIMG_9048.jpeg

Perfect timing. Been with Farm Bureau for over 25 years, full coverage although vehicles are typically paid for. My truck, wife’s suv, two kids cars, never filed a claim and always made my payments. Had this happen today and find that a rental car is capped at $45 a day for 30 days. That won’t rent a pick up truck. I need(want) a truck for work. Can’t say I’d recommend Farm Bureau but I have no other point of reference.I’m thinking of shopping around.
View attachment 636585View attachment 636586
Are you okay?

Many times insurance companies have negotiated rates with car rental companies. You should be able to get something decent for $45/day...

As a State Farm customer, I'm curious as to why you say that. Im almost 35 and they are the only insurer I've ever used in my life. I have also never had to make a major claim, knock on wood.

My last 2 claims with them involved litigation (uninsured motorist) and going to Commissioner of Insurance for roof replacement for a rental property. Both times they ended up paying extra for bad faith tactics....

I wouldn't wish dealing with them after a claim on my worst enemy.

My mom had Farm Bureau and was severely impacted by March 2023 Covington tornado. They were prompt in their response and payment. Her neighbor had State Farm and they tried every shi-ty tactic to prevent paying....

I had a rental that was damage in June and I only got week fixed less than 2 weeks ago due to StateFarm's stall, deny, and delay tactics...

And this isn't even the worst experience I've had with them...

Reactions: KptVFL
Where are you located?

Are you okay?
Fine. It was a hit skip. Traveling 50-55 mph moderate traffic, the guy next to and slightly ahead of me braked and was rear ended, which knocked the rear ended vehicle into my lane. The guy that did the rear ending didn’t stop. Deemed a hit skip and no fault of mine or the guy I hit. Nobody injured.
Thanks for asking.

Many times insurance companies have negotiated rates with car rental companies. You should be able to get something decent for $45/day...
I tried. If I get a truck, I pay the difference out of pocket. Since it was a hit skip I have to cover my deductible already. I suppose my rates will go up as well.

When you deal with State Farm, they try to tell you that these shingles match....

(Note, they did agree once a complaint was filed with Commissioner of Insurance)

View attachment 636615
Farmers replaced our roof and didn't even bat an eye.

Our roofing company said that State Farm approved only a certain amount of shingles on a similar roof (age and damage) in the same area as us.

I currently have auto insurance with Progressive. I am getting close to the renewal date and am interested in getting additional quote. I am going to check with Allstate and Liberty.
Does anyone have any recommendations of which insurance companies might have more competitive pricing?

Nevermind, didn't bother to read.

I tried. If I get a truck, I pay the difference out of pocket. Since it was a hit skip I have to cover my deductible already. I suppose my rates will go up as well.

Not trying to blame you, but rental coverage is an optional and adjustable amount on your policy. Either your agent didn't match your vehicle type, or you opted for something cheaper. It's either on the Farm Bureau agent (which if so, you should get a new one asap), or it's on you. It's not on Farm Bureau. They're just honoring what you agreed to and signed.

Amica
I received a $238 check today for discounts.
Have home with them also.
Could you share more? Who did you have before, why did you switch to Amica, have you had any claims? etc

I’ve been with USAA since the early 70’s (CIC level - officer’s dependent), and I’ve been very happy, but I’ve also heard wonderful things about Amica, and they send me offers every month. (They also pull a soft inquiry on my credit reports, Experian I think, so they must be happy there.) All insurance companies, without exception, have rate creep, unless and until you push back.

I’m considering getting quotes from both and seeing how USAA responds, but I don’t want to burn a 50+ year relationship.

Could you share more? Who did you have before, why did you switch to Amica, have you had any claims? etc

I’ve been with USAA since the early 70’s (CIC level - officer’s dependent), and I’ve been very happy, but I’ve also heard wonderful things about Amica, and they send me offers every month. (They also pull a soft inquiry on my credit reports, Experian I think, so they must be happy there.) All insurance companies, without exception, have rate creep, unless and until you push back.

I’m considering getting quotes from both and seeing how USAA responds, but I don’t want to burn a 50+ year relationship.
USAA went downhill about a decade ago. They are TRASH

VN Store

Back