Carson J. Wheeler 6'4" 270 Lbs. Killen, AL

salsahound

I was sitting across from this guy at my wife and I's high school reunion talking football (all Vols) and this guy, I didn't know, said he had a grandson playing at Brooks High School in KIllen, AL.
He also said that Tennessee was his favorite team but had no attention from UT about playing there. He is in the class of 2024. He has written to them and went to some games (I think) and really wanted to play here. Here is the thing, Alabama has contacted him twice and wants him as a center. Below is the link to his 2022 highlights.

Carson Wheeler's High School Timeline

I didn't know where to steer the guy. I have a lot of respect for this board. I am asking you to watch his highlights and comment on what you see and if you have any advice to give him, post it here. I saw him playing center, guard and def. tackle. If there is any interest shown for him here, I will notify his Dad and he can read your responses. I love young people, especially those who dream.

Both of my sons played at West Limestone in the same division as Brooks. They are a tough bunch year in and year out.

I checked the film out. The kid looks like he plays hard but seems to be slow moving when pulling which would explain why Alabama is looking at him to play center. I can't help with getting his film to the right place however my son is a high school coach up the road from Brooks (East Limestone). I will ask him what he thinks.

He looks like he could play center for someone. He's good in small space and looks like he's explosive enough, doesn't lose his hips in close quarters and loves the contact. He doesn't look like a guard at D1 level to me. Gets too upright in space and loses space at contact when he's a puller. Possibly D1 for some school at center. He's a good player for sure. Tell his family to send an email and video to Scott Altizer. saltizer@utk.edu He's the guy that gets that in the right hands at UT if he believes there's potential.

He looks like he could play center for someone. He's good in small space and looks like he's explosive enough, doesn't lose his hips in close quarters and loves the contact. He doesn't look like a guard at D1 level to me. Gets too upright in space and loses space at contact when he's a puller. Possibly D1 for some school at center. He's a good player for sure. Tell his family to send an email and video to Scott Altizer. saltizer@utk.edu He's the guy that gets that in the right hands at UT if he believes there's potential.
Thanks Wango, I will send that to them.

The kid is a mauler and plays hard. On O Line, he looks more comfortable at center. His footwork is suspect when pulling at guard which makes him look slower at the position (coaching can fix this). On D line, this guy eats double teams for breakfast, but can lose leverage at times (Garner would fix that). Best of luck to this young man. I hope his coach will take initiative and get his film in the hands of the good guys.

He used to play in an event at Greymere when I was the HP there. Super great guy

yeah, he told stories about his son who was a business owner of some type of karate, etc. I’m a banker so he asked me some questions.

Both of my sons played at West Limestone in the same division as Brooks. They are a tough bunch year in and year out.

I checked the film out. The kid looks like he plays hard but seems to be slow moving when pulling which would explain why Alabama is looking at him to play center. I can't help with getting his film to the right place however my son is a high school coach up the road from Brooks (East Limestone). I will ask him what he thinks.
Welcome to the board, from a fellow 256-er.

OP, at don't take Bama's recruits anymore. They are groveling at the kneecaps of our nowadays. I mean after stealing one of their theme songs and all.

If the player is on Twitter, he can’t tweet film to the coaches at UT. Preferably a GA, analyst or Quality Control. They will pass it along to coaches after viewing film. Most coaches will not take time to watch film in season.

Reactions: salsahound

VN Store

Back