CBJ Wants First Down Chant

Someone said the announcer says first down tennessee then fans reply go vols. kinda bama ish but it works

One of the most irritating yells as a visiting fan that I hear at Commonwealth Stadium in Lexington is when the PA guy, says FIRST DOWN KENTUCKY!!!! I'm not suggesting TN copies KY, but at least do something more original. I know they're doing some upgrades to their stadium, hopefully they upgrade the audio system too. The TN/KY game is on Halloween this year, think I'll watch that one on tv.

How about just a giant raspberry from a 100,000 people? It may not be intimidating, or inspiring, or whatever it is you want a chant to be, but it sure would be fun. And funny as hell too.

Reactions: 1 person
Per twitter.

"JONES: I want to challenge Vol Nation to have a quick chant for first downs. (Tweet in your suggestions!)"

Well, you heard the man.The creative juices of volnation came up with Checker Neyland (a beautiful thing), so I think we can answer the challenge.

We better come up with something quick though, before we get another Third Down For What situation...
"Toooooo Rocky Top!!!!!"

That's been done at our stadium already

They used to do it like 5-8 years ago on kick-offs, they would say sick em Smokey and he would growl and then howl.....

I am all in favor of this 1st down getting the crowd into it early and often, BUT................

Just like the 3rd down for what it gets OLD Q-U-I-C-K-L-Y!!! if we do it lets do it on BIG 1st downs not like against North Texas when we are up 40 points and get a 1st down after it is 3rd and inches....come on really.

It needs to be done when it is 3rd and 12 or we are behind or when the crowd is not in it

SPURRIER_RAGE.gif

Watching...that...never...gets...old.

Every first down gets called by the PA. Then the hook of Flo Rida's song GDFR hits once. It's first down for real!

"First and TenneSEEEEEEE"

Nailed it with the first suggestion. Well done.

I grew up going to a lot of East Carolina games, and every time they got a first down, the announcer would calmly announce the distance of the gain and where the ball was now spotted and he'd ramp up by saying, "where it is a FIRST DOWN..." and the crowd would scream, "PIRATES!!"
Not clever or anything, but it was always fun as a kid to know when and what to scream.

I like this. I wish we could do away with 3rd Down for What this year. I liked the concept, but the song is dated now. Get something new. "It's third down for real" to the beat of "It's Going Down for Real" by Flo Rida. I don't know...anything else!

edit: I really hadn't seen that the guy above me posted a similar idea. Must be that good of an idea!

Sooo what happened with this? Is there anything official? Or is there a date when they decide or did butch forget about this

They may have decided that a first down is part of a scoring drive. The score is what we need to celebrate. On the road when we get a first down, usually the crowd gets a little quite and I will get loud and just yell "first down TENNESSEE " then do a rick flaire whoo, it drives the opposing fans nuts.... But I like to save high fives for points. But if CBJ wants it then..... I'm in. GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back