CFP Scenarios (merged)

I still think the precedent set by leaving Big 10 champion Penn State out would come into play with LSU.

My biggest concern is them trying to slip the loser of Michigan/Ohio State into the playoff. They are both darlings in these situations. Especially Ohio State if they were to lose.

Not a chance this year. Neither has been very impressive.

The SEC champ will be in the playoff. Regardless if it’s 13-0 UGA or 11-2 LSU.

But please tell me how a team that wins the SEC and that debuted at #10 in the CFP on a 7 game win streak with 3 of those wins being over Top 10 teams would not be a playoff team. I’m all ears.
because the team you would put them in over would have 1 less loss and beaten them by 27 on their own field

And if you really believe they must put in the conference champ over a team from the conference that has a better record - well a one loss OSU was selected over a 2 loss conference champ (... I believe Penn State ...). Conference champs do not automatically qualify.

I still think the precedent set by leaving Big 10 champion Penn State out would come into play with LSU.

My biggest concern is them trying to slip the loser of Michigan/Ohio State into the playoff. They are both darlings in these situations. Especially Ohio State if they were to lose.

Idk man. I just view it as this:

You debuted at #10 and best 3 teams ahead of you and had another team #4 lose currently. You have to move up for those wins before other teams in front of you lost. I fully expect LSU to be #6 on Tuesday.

Well yea we all know this.

However their not going to put in the loser and leave out the winner……it won’t happen unless they had 3 losses or maybe 2 late season losses or something.

LSU was already 10…….what do you think they will be next week?

What do you think they would be at the end “if” they beat the number 1 team? At least 4th.

lol. Yea they wouldn’t. We beat them by 27 at their house. Omg

I think most definitely. If not why even have the championship game?

How would they put Georgia in if LSU just beat them and LSU is the SEC champion and not Georgia?

Both would go for sure.
It would be a hot mess but you’re being arrogant with the “for sure” comment. There’s nothing sure about it. We beat them badly on their home field and they would have one more loss than us. You can’t just ignore the loss to FSU, which is exactly what you are doing. If I’m a committee member in that scenario I’m putting UGA and Tennessee in the playoffs because my job isn’t to reward conference champions, it’s to pick the best 4 teams.

And if you really believe they must put in the conference champ over a team from the conference that has a better record - well a one loss OSU was selected over a 2 loss conference champ (... I believe Penn State ...). Conference champs do not automatically qualify.

You do realize why the CFP rotates members right? The people who voted OSU in over PSU aren’t in the CFP anymore. Whacky precedent is eliminated by the rotations of members in and out the committee. These committee members aren’t going off previous committee’s voting results to make present time votes.

If TCU loses then probably looking at Georgia, Oh St/mich winner, Tennessee, and 1 loss Pac10 or Mich/OSU loser. There is a very very good chance Tennessee is a #3 seed. Even if TCU doesn’t lose vols likely get in
No way does a 2 loss lsu or bama even if conference champion is pushed ahead of a 1 loss TN team that beat them. No way does a 1 loss conference champion clemson or TCU or Oregon get pushed ahead of us.
Just got to take care of Mizzou, USCjr, and vandy. Regardless a 11-1 season with a sugar bowl game is a top 5 season for us in the past 50 years

Once again, what does our resume have to do with LSU making the playoff?!

The SEC champion will make the playoff. I’m not sure why the reaction to LSU winning the league and going to playoff is some slight to Tennessee. They have zero to fo with each other. Is anyone saying that Tennessee would be kept out of the playoff if LsU wins in Atlanta and makes playoff?
Our resume has a lot to do with LSU making the playoffs if TCU wins out, because it’s going to be us vs LSU for the last playoff spot.

If TCU doesn’t win out it gets tricky for sure

Reactions: ForeverfaithfulVOL
If LSU wins out and wins the championship game they would be in.

They couldn’t put Georgia in and NOT put LSU in…….so they would both be in.

Worst case scenario for Tennessee. I highly doubt they would put 3 SEC teams in.

Agree. We need Georgia to win in Atlanta, as a 2-loss SEC champ LSU likely gets in, fair or not.

Reactions: JoAllan
Our resume has a lot to do with LSU making the playoffs if TCU wins out, because it’s going to be us vs LSU for the last playoff spot.

If TCU doesn’t win out it gets tricky for sure

This isn’t controversial….. once again very slow for the dullards… if LSU goes 11-2 and wins the SEC Title, they will be in the playoff….just as a reminder, the CFP has spots for 4 teams…

lol. Yea they wouldn’t. We beat them by 27 at their house. Omg

Yes Tennessee certainly did. However Tennessee lost today and “if” LSU were to beat them they would be the champs of the SEC. with Clemson losing that really opens the door for them.

Folks can feel free the believe whatever they want. However in NO world will the put in Georgia after getting beat by LSU and not put in LSU.

This isn’t controversial….. once again very slow for the dullards… if LSU goes 11-2 and wins the SEC Title, they will be in the playoff….just as a reminder, the CFP has spots for 4 teams…

You obviously either aren’t very bright or don’t know what the word controversial means. If LSU wins out, there’s no guarantees they get in. No 2 loss team has ever made the playoff. There’s going to be a ton of controversy over whatever the 4 are in that scenario

Yes Tennessee certainly did. However Tennessee lost today and “if” LSU were to beat them they would be the champs of the SEC. with Clemson losing that really opens the door for them.

Folks can feel free the believe whatever they want. However in NO world will the put in Georgia after getting beat by LSU and not put in LSU.

Lol. Yes they really would. I honestly hope it happens just to show you. But lsu isn’t beating Georgia Lol

You obviously either aren’t very bright or don’t know what the word controversial means. If LSU wins out, there’s no guarantees they get in. No 2 loss team has ever made the playoff. There’s going to be a ton of controversy over whatever the 4 are in that scenario

Name a time the SEC champ didn’t make the playoff with atleast 11 wins?

You think they would be in over us? I see no way they put three SEC teams in.

You think they would be in over us? I see no way they put three SEC teams in.

Please show me where I said LSU would be in over another team? I’m just stating a fact. LSU at 11-2 with a 7 game win streak and 3 top 10 wins would get a playoff spot.

You’re aware the playoff consists of 3 other spots right?

VN Store

Back