Chance at a decent recruiting class?

If we finish in the top 20 I'd be very surprised. I think we finish 24 to 28 range.

Tenn is on TV every week along with every other school. I personally don’t think the investigation has much of an impact, at least so far. A winning team is what athletes look at. They also are influenced by parents. If Heupel is as family friendly as reported, he can get the kids on campus and let the current players sell it. Just get them here for a visit. Let their future teammates sell the program and coaches.

I wouldn't count on it. There is 1 SEC level recruiter on this staff.
Elerbee is a great recruiter. Jerry Mack put us in the race in a month for the #1 RB. Halzle put us in the race for Drew Allar, who is arguably the top QB this class. Kodi Burns got some talent at Auburn and I trust Willie Martinez. Tim Banks was the co-DC at Penn State and they get a pretty high level of talent. Give them a year to build relationships and put a product on the field and you will be surprised

Elerbee is a great recruiter. Jerry Mack put us in the race in a month for the #1 RB. Halzle put us in the race for Drew Allar, who is arguably the top QB this class. Kodi Burns got some talent at Auburn and I trust Willie Martinez. Tim Banks was the co-DC at Penn State and they get a pretty high level of talent. Give them a year to build relationships and put a product on the field and you will be surprised
Burns got us 2 WR’s that both hold Bama offers (Miller and White) idk why he gets hate

Sounds to me like a recipe for a 30ish ranked class.

I think 25-30 sounds about right and that’s a good class considering what has happened. Some fans don’t want to accept what kind of crater gump and the fat azz left Heupel in.

This will be our lowest ranked recruiting class in a long time. And there is very little we can do about it. Once you understand that, it all makes sense.

Burns got us 2 WR’s that both hold Bama offers (Miller and White) idk why he gets hate
Not bc of his recruiting, some are blaming him for the drops because Auburn fans said that the WR room had a drop issue when he was there. I guess thats why 2 of them are in the NFL. Not to mention the WRs he got in that 2020 class are doing very well for AU at the moment, esp Kobe Hudson

The transfer portal needs to be our friend this off-season.
Most definitely. We need offensive tackles, at least two. I’d say another DL and hopefully a linebacker or 2 just from the portal next season. I’m hoping CJH finds underclassmen like Terry and Turnage to come. We need a few years of depth not just one season, can’t become the next Kansas by only taking/starting JUCOs with one year left. We cant build a program with that, we need to recruit a solid mix of both juco and HS kids to get as competitive as possible as fast as possible

Reactions: CJBlaze
I think 25-30 sounds about right and that’s a good class considering what has happened. Some fans don’t want to accept what kind of crater gump and the fat azz left Heupel in.

This will be our lowest ranked recruiting class in a long time. And there is very little we can do about it. Once you understand that, it all makes sense.

If this is the case then Heupel has to find a way to start winning some freaking games or we just accept the fact that we are Kentucky before Stoops got there and all we can hope for is being Kentucky currently.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Most definitely. We need offensive tackles, at least two. I’d say another DL and hopefully a linebacker or 2 just from the portal next season. I’m hoping CJH finds underclassmen like Terry and Turnage to come. We need a few years of depth not just one season, can’t become the next Kansas by only taking/starting JUCOs with one year left. We cant build a program with that, we need to recruit a solid mix of both juco and HS kids to get as competitive as possible as fast as possible
Also need a few linemen that can play center at a high level. Think you need to go Juco or portal for the immediate needs and try to recruit for the future.

Reactions: CJBlaze
I think we can likely get some experienced DTs from the portal, but, we rally need to recruit good players and built the team up with good young talent. In todays world, the quick fix is not the way to establish the base needed to rebuild the program. It is apparent, we will not get the QB we need for the future and the QB position is the most important position on the field, especially in CJH's offense.

Reactions: TheRealUT98
If this is the case then Heupel has to find a way to start winning some freaking games or we just accept the fact that we are Kentucky before Stoops got there and all we can hope for is being Kentucky currently.

We were picked to go 6-6 this year. Most Vol fans should have expected a rough year in recruiting. Heupel is facing the worst situation any TN coach has faced in our lifetimes. The main thing right now is uncertainty revolving around the NCAA sanctions. Not winning games.

Well they aren't until they do, and so far they haven't.

LOL at a message board poster claiming a coach they know jacksh*t about isn't an "SEC-level recruiter." As if any of you have insight into the assistant coaches' daily interactions with recruits. LMAO.

For all the comedy this board provides, I still can't believe it's free.

Reactions: MarcoVol
LOL at a message board poster claiming a coach they know jacksh*t about isn't an "SEC-level recruiter." As if any of you have insight into the assistant coaches' daily interactions with recruits. LMAO.

For all the comedy this board provides, I still can't believe it's free.
As I said, they aren't until they are. If you can show otherwise I'll gladly review receipts.

Outside of one coach none have recruited at near the level we are accustomed to. I certainly hope they develop into that tier but until they have they aren't.

VN Store

Back