Chase Burns....

Been watching these studs play all season and seems like burns has been going off as of late. Saw wake forest is ranked pretty well but just wondering what made him actually leave here if y’all have any idea? He is no doubt a plus on this team and would make us another level better. I’m not a big baseball guy but lemme know

So why not start him

This may have the answers you seek.

So why not start him
Bc when he started, he was Terrible. When he went to the pen, he was electric. He was also rumored to be a cancer during the season and you can tell a huge difference in the attitude of this year's team compared to last years. They play loose and have fun this year. They seemed to play tight last year. I'm glad he is gone. He can let the "pitching factory" deal with his attitude.

So why not start him
instead of starting he was coming into most games around the 3rd or 4th inning and finish them. As a starter he had like a 6+ era. When he moved to the bull pen his ERA was lol 1.5. As the game got deeper he would struggle 3rd time through the lineup. So Vitello put him in, in the 3rd and 4th and he would finish it instead of being taken out around 5th or 6th inning. Vitello actually saved the team and saved his career by moving him to the pen. If Vitello don’t move him to the pen last year, the Vols don’t make Omaha. Team started playing better when we replaced him with Lindsey.

Last year Burns and 18 appearances in games. So far this year he has gotten 12 appearances, and still got a 3.00 ERA. While he is doing a tad better with Wake, he’s also playing in a lesser conference and the talent level isn’t even close. And even though he wasn’t happy about the pen, he still gonna pitch in less games this year than he did last year.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Was a starter and a great hope, but went through a bad spell, so bad he was costing us games. CTV decided he had to make changes, because we had a stud pitching lineup, so he moved the young hopeful to closer, where he kicked azz. Closer wasn't in his future dreams, and he resented the snub, because these guys have been told all their lives, they are kings. So, he transferred and he will make millions in the league--just like he would've had he stayed, but hey, he still has his rep, right?

Listened to many Coach Tony interviews and he mentions all the time how the men in that dugout care about each other and want each other to do well. Maybe Burns was more concerned, or only concerned, with himself.

Reactions: tbones0711
Hope the best for the kid but we good , roll with us or you’re against us ! We should be ranked 1st or 2nd today so we good ! The ACC is a much weaker conference so of course he’s going to look better. GO VOLS

Last edited:
I have no idea what the actual reason was for the transfer BUT TV having the coaching acumen to move him to the bullpen (he was literally costing his team wins) really solidified TV abilities in my mind. Not that he needed my approval 😂. I wish CB the best… except if he plays the Vols. Then I hope we run him out of the game without recording an out in the first inning. JMO

Bc when he started, he was Terrible. When he went to the pen, he was electric. He was also rumored to be a cancer during the season and you can tell a huge difference in the attitude of this year's team compared to last years. They play loose and have fun this year. They seemed to play tight last year. I'm glad he is gone. He can let the "pitching factory" deal with his attitude.
Rumored is the Key word. Burns is one hell of a talent. He left us. We moved on. Drop the dumb, we would be better with Burns. I highly doubt Burns was the reason we played tight. Matter of fact he was a key piece out of the pen. Maybe we just have a better lineup. In no way shape or form can you say we are better in the pitching deparrment.

Wake is ranked well but they don’t deserve it one bit. They are 12-12 in the ACC currently and tied for 9th. They get a date with Clemson next and finish with NC State. Wouldn’t shock me to see them finish 13-17 on the season. 14-16 is more likely.

Reactions: spyfish007
Yes, but I think he would make majors faster as a closer-- Tony V and staff know things.
What TV did took some guts. It was a great move, and I respect him for putting the team first, knowing that Burns might not like it for the future. It caused Burns to pitch better, too.

However, I know a MLB scout, and he said it does cause teams to pause a bit. Starters are picked high and paid a whole bunch of money. You can find relievers at any time. If Burns was not sure he would continue to start or didn’t trust what was being said, then he did it to start to be drafted high. I get it, but there are other guys that can help us get where we want to be.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
burns no likey bull pen
This is an Understatement. Ben McKee was saying he was telling pitchers he was transferring to LSU as soon as he was benched.

Of course, he wound up at Wake. I’m sure the LSU thing was just him saying the name he thought would piss the coaching staff off the most. It’s over now though. Would we be better with him? Of course. But he’s not here. Well past time to move on.

We’ve pretty much made it almost a complete regular season without him. Woulda, coulda, shoulda doesn’t really matter now.

But, for the following reason, it could be a bit relevant now. The committee likes this stuff. What are the chances we end up facing Burns in, for instance a regional or Super? If they can make it happen I bet they would.

We’ve pretty much made it almost a complete regular season without him. Woulda, coulda, shoulda doesn’t really matter now.

But, for the following reason, it could be a bit relevant now. The committee likes this stuff. What are the chances we end up facing Burns in, for instance a regional or Super? If they can make it happen I bet they would.
All the tournament projections at D1 or 11point7 have definitely been trying to manifest it

VN Store

Back