Chatman pulls trigger

Dixon, Grant AND Chatman? We need a BIG supply of fireworks today!

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Attachments

• giphy-downsized.gif
    giphy-downsized.gif
    892.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
He committed to LSU back in April according to 247 Sports. I hope he's not a wishy-washy recruit and has made a solid decision for good this time w/the TN Vols.

I'm glad he's on board with us for sure.

Anyone else thinking that people are overrating LSU? Orgeron was a complete bust as HC at Ole Miss. His return to USC with Kiffin was a flop. His recruiting techniques - particularly the UT exit were questionable at best.

Anyone else thinking that people are overrating LSU? Orgeron was a complete bust as HC at Ole Miss. His return to USC with Kiffin was a flop. His recruiting techniques - particularly the UT exit were questionable at best.

I'm not giving him much credibility. The way it worked out for his hiring was weird. As if he was the last resort.

Agreed, his tenure at OM was big time bust.

Saying both of those things, Louisanna is so talent rich it can't be that difficult.

I'm not giving him much credibility. The way it worked out for his hiring was weird. As if he was the last resort.

Agreed, his tenure at OM was big time bust.

Saying both of those things, Louisanna is so talent rich it can't be that difficult.

It's possible that Orgeron being from LA will work with the talent in LA, but other than that ... I just don't see the media affection for FL, GA, and LSU right now except they are as you point out rich recruiting areas.

Well, additionally, he's new down there so that has the excitement factor going for him.

When it comes to recruiting, remember, this is the guy who hung his hat on Brent Schaffer. In reality though, who would have ever thought that would have been a bust in itself?

It's no coincidence LSU is starting to show signs of hemoraging recruits. And they appear to be losing to us lately.

Biggest mistake LSU made was firing Les Miles without a a solid replacement lined up. Orgeron is no answer as a head coach.

Reactions: 2 people
This is shaping up to be an excellent class - credit to Butch for getting it done on the trail.

Agreed.

Its good to see him get a little credit for some good and not just the bad. Even if he's not responsible for an actual recruit, he hired the coach that is.

Its a good sign.

I like being excited about Tennessee football.

Reactions: 3 people
Well, additionally, he's new down there so that has the excitement factor going for him.

When it comes to recruiting, remember, this is the guy who hung his hat on Brent Schaffer. In reality though, who would have ever thought that would have been a bust in itself?

At one stretch during his playing time at Tennessee, Schaefer went 14 straight possessions without a first down. That is equal to an entire game and then some. Of course some of our fans wanted him to play more. Bill King claimed him to be second best QB in league the summer before he returned to OM behind Tebow.

Reactions: 1 person
At one stretch during his playing time at Tennessee, Schaefer went 14 straight possessions without a first down. That is equal to an entire game and then some. Of course some of our fans wanted him to play more. Bill King claimed him to be second best QB in league the summer before he returned to OM behind Tebow.

We throw the word overrated around...he went out and earned the label. A few highlights against UNLV in his first start and after Erik Ainge won the next game against Florida, his starting days were over in Knoxville. Excelled in high school and junior college...rest is a myth.

this staff is just killing it on the trail...I just hope all these kids keep to their commitment...if so, this is gonna be very, very, special for us all...:crossfingers:...:)

GO VOLS!

It's no coincidence LSU is starting to show signs of hemoraging recruits. And they appear to be losing to us lately.

Biggest mistake LSU made was firing Les Miles without a a solid replacement lined up. Orgeron is no answer as a head coach.

The crazy part was that they were ready to fire Miles a year before (at least the fans and boosters); they had a year to put some thought into a replacement. That's one reason I prefer ex-HCs as ADs; they know the profession - contacts and who to consider better than a bean counter using outside talent searching headhunters.

The crazy part was that they were ready to fire Miles a year before (at least the fans and boosters); they had a year to put some thought into a replacement. That's one reason I prefer ex-HCs as ADs; they know the profession - contacts and who to consider better than a bean counter using outside talent searching headhunters.
That's a good point about ex-HC's. Maybe having Fulmer as "special consultant" can assist in this regard.

Hopefully, we won't need any expertise in this area in football. I'm sick of paying buyouts to former head coaches.

One thing is for certain: Butch sure as he!! is recruiting like he plans to be here for a while...

That's a good point about ex-HC's. Maybe having Fulmer as "special consultant" can assist in this regard.

Hopefully, we won't need any expertise in this area in football. I'm sick of paying buyouts to former head coaches.

One thing is for certain: Butch sure as he!! is recruiting like he plans to be here for a while...

I've thought the same thing about having Fulmer back on the staff. You just can't beat having sound knowledge of the business you are trying to run.

VN Store

Back