Clay Helton - new name I just heard

Clay Helton

Neuheisel was commenting on XM radio that he could be enticed away from SoCal. Isnt paid much at USC and has ties to Memphis and the SEC.

Is 20-5 as the full time guy at USC which is pretty impressive.

Isn’t paid much at USC and there’s no state income tax in TN iirc, it’s 13% in CA.

Thoughts?

Mike Leach is a better coach and could get him just as cheap. Mike Leach is a better coach than Mullen, Norvell, Brohm.

Reactions: 1 person
Clay Helton

Neuheisel was commenting on XM radio that he could be enticed away from SoCal. Isnt paid much at USC and has ties to Memphis and the SEC.

Isn’t paid much at USC and there’s no state income tax in TN iirc, it’s 13% in CA.

Thoughts?

I think this Fanbase would eat his ass up in six months

Kiffin at USC:
28-15
17-12

2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons

he inherited Draft Picks
2010 9 Draft picks
2011 3 Draft Picks
2012 4 Draft Picks

Helton at USC:
26-9
20-4

2015, 2016, 2017

2015 4 Picks
2016 5 picks
2017 ??

Lane may not have had 85, but he inherited way more then 10 of the teams on his schedule minimum.
At Tennessee he inherited 6 draft picks including 2 first rounders and basically the entire OL that played in the NFL. Record?? 7-5.

The love by the vocal tiny of this guy is hilarious. Lucky they stole him because Tennessee was getting ready to feel the wrath of the NCAA if he stayed.

You can't win without depth..... Lane's USC teams faded away in the 4th quarter due to lack of depth... not only could he only sign 15 players a year for 3 years but the bowl ban allowed players to transfer ... example (DE Malik Jackson).... Can't remember how many players total transferred but that definitely affected depth as well

Then their fans are worse than ours (amazingly). Dude is 20-5 in 2 years. Lol

Oh their fans are beyond rotten to the core. I lived out there for many years when Pete arrived and built it into an NFL precamp. They are as arrogant and cocky like a mix between Alabama and Florida fans....true talk.

Him and Tee can be a package deal at another school. Not Tn. I dont get all the love that Tee is getting on here.

Tee, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't done anything to put us under sanctions. Yet we have people wanting Kiffin. So I don't get the hate.

In fact, outside of not wanting to return to Tennessee under Butch, the only thing I have heard he did that offends Tennessee fans is calling Hurd weak when he didn't realize he was being recorded. Who gives a damn about that now?

I doubt anyone out there besides Currie has any clue who is on his board, but if he goes this route after doing his due diligence? We might not only salvage the class, but round it out in February. Can't believe I am agreeing with fade, but I could see this hire working.

Clay Helton

Thoughts?

Why does all the AD's that come to TN make the same old mistakes time and time again. Why is so hard to understand? Our next coach has to be a proven winner and one who can compete in the SEC. One that can beat Florida, GA, Alabama and others. He is not one that can do that and in 3-4 years from now, we will be having this conversation again...

You can't win without depth..... Lane's USC teams faded away in the 4th quarter due to lack of depth... not only could he only sign 15 players a year for 3 years but the bowl ban allowed players to transfer ... example (DE Malik Jackson).... Can't remember how many players total transferred but that definitely affected depth as well

Here is the thing you Kiffin fans aren't getting about that; Remember how he appealed to have the sanctions on USC reduced? Well, he was asking some of the same NCAA officials he had to talk to concerning his violations here around a year before. He may have walked out the first time with his **** eating grin on his face, but somebody couldn't resist making him pay the piper later. So stop with the excuses for him. It's really pathetic.

He has a pretty solid resume. He doesn't have a lot of HC exp but what he has.....is at one of the most high profile schools. He has a lot of offensive exp and has been a productive QB coach and developer.

If he could bring Martin back with him......it should be a solid hire.....just not sure how great it would be.

Mike Leach is a better coach and could get him just as cheap. Mike Leach is a better coach than Mullen, Norvell, Brohm.

Hi D4H. I like Leach. If we lose, we is brutally honest. He is another I would welcome, though some might not really get him. But after having cliches shoved down out throats doesn't make you ready for someone who will be himself? I don't know. But a large portion of out student section wearing orange pirate costumes might be really cool.

Fat Little Girlfriends - YouTube

Hi D4H. I like Leach. If we lose, we is brutally honest. He is another I would welcome, though some might not really get him. But after having cliches shoved down out throats doesn't make you ready for someone who will be himself? I don't know. But a large portion of out student section wearing orange pirate costumes might be really cool.

Fat Little Girlfriends - YouTube

I love the pirate!

Why does all the AD's that come to TN make the same old mistakes time and time again. Why is so hard to understand? Our next coach has to be a proven winner and one who can compete in the SEC. One that can beat Florida, GA, Alabama and others. He is not one that can do that and in 3-4 years from now, we will be having this conversation again...

Our ADs haven't habitually been stupid and incompetent. Starting with Hamilton the administration has been hiring imitation ADs from somebody's school of business. Hire people who know how to run an athletic program - like ex HCs - rather than people who are taught to think they know, and the problem goes away.

Yes they will, after a raft trip in the back country hearing the Banjo music, how could they not?:)

Whatever floats you boats down south of here. That is slightly more information than anybody needed.

No coach is going to leave USC to come coach UT..hilarious
i guess similar to how no coach would ever leave south beach for Tuscaloosa. Everybody has a price chief and in light of this fact your statement is stupid.

Let’s just make a thread for every P5 HC. One of them is bound to be correct

He makes $4M and he isn't worth more than that to entice him here.

Why not? Back to back ten win seasons (probably 11 or 12 this year). Did you watch the trick play on the punt return?

I like this guy

VN Store

Back